Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 07:56 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times

Advertisements

I'm fine with him merging the mind with technology. I'd love to be able to think something and have it done. Lots of potential here to vastly increase our intelligence, the rate at which we process information, among other things, if we can translate our brain's operation to computer code. Given this universe is basically a large computer program itself, it's only a matter of time before we accomplish this. This assumes we don't create some AI that gains sentience and wipes our species out. There's a very real possibility of that happening within 100 years.

Still, we are only 200 years out of basically the dark ages from a technological and evolutionary standpoint. Our DNA could use some tweaking to match modern times also. I'm sure genetic engineering... mRNA injectible DNA modifications, will also become a thing in time. I get it, people resist change. It's wired into our genetic makeup, but change is a constant in this universe.

Assuming we survive the next 100 years, I envision a day where all of us are hybrids of biological and technological. I know this is something many can't conceive of, but that's because you have the perspective of this culture during this time period.

Last edited by sholomar; 12-06-2022 at 08:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2022, 08:27 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
mRNA injectible DNA modifications, will also become a thing in time.
Albert Bourla (Pfizer CEO), is that you?

Old 12-06-2022, 08:29 AM

5,930 posts, read 2,758,827 times
Why would anybody want a chip installed in their brain?

I get it that they're going to sell it has a miraculous cure for people with disabilities, but we all know where it goes from there.

Chip Mandates down the road.

Old 12-06-2022, 08:34 AM

5,930 posts, read 2,758,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
How has his cars been "Pushed" your not forced to buy a Tesla.
Well, in an indirect way. Governments around the world have been "pushing" his cars, in the form of billions of dollars in government subsidies and grants.

Oh and in California, by 2035, it will be ILLEGAL to purchase a new non-Electric Vehicle in the state.

Let that sink in! New gas powered cars will not be for sale in California, a 40 million person state, larger than Canada and many other nations.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:23 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Its accurate. I'm looking forward to being a Borg.

machine ai device to device traffic already outpaces actual user traffic in many Cisco Networking devices.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:33 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,787,848 times
Where is the outrage from you Conservatives. I mean you have a huge problem with there being more then 2 genders so I figured that Musk trying to make language obsolete would be a huge point of anger to you.

Not to mention the Borg connotations this has, as well as feeling like something the deep state would come up with.

Last edited by gordo; 12-06-2022 at 09:45 AM..

Old 12-06-2022, 09:35 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
this is why i don’t like Musk. he is pushing things too far just like he did with his cars. things we aren’t ready for and don’t understand

And don't want.

I think Musk has watched too many STNG episodes and mistook the Borg for inspiration rather than a warning. There are times I wish our species was still in the hunter/gatherer stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Where is the outrage from you Conservatives. I mean you have a huge problem with there being more then 2 genders ...
I don't. Science does. Take a biology class sometime. Or molecular biology/genetics.

Old 12-06-2022, 01:30 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Won't this absolutey prove how stupid some people are?
It has done so already. People who think this is a good idea, for instance...

Old 12-06-2022, 01:35 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Why would anybody want a chip installed in their brain?

I get it that they're going to sell it has a miraculous cure for people with disabilities, but we all know where it goes from there.

Chip Mandates down the road.
I dunno, but I’m also wondering why someone would want to remove a set of genitals in perfect working order.Mental illness perhaps?

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 12-06-2022 at 01:53 PM..

Old 12-06-2022, 01:52 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
this is why i don’t like Musk. he is pushing things too far just like he did with his cars. things we aren’t ready for and don’t understand
Isn't that the point of his research, to understand? For the person who is paralyzed and unable to speak, don't you think this research might make all the difference in the world to them?

It will be interesting to see if this neuralink is so good at telling us what a person is thinking, that it will transmit the thoughts of a person before they are able to speak a lie. If you ask a thief is is stole something, all we hear is his lie. With the neuralink, maybe we'd hear him says yes I did, before his brain has had a chance to come up with the lie and speak it.

Maybe in the future all politicians will need to subject themselves to a neuralink before a debate. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies