Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 12:15 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
For the record, I love and support Dave Chapelle all the way, JK Rowling did or said nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned (just expressed her opinion, as far as I can tell), and I'm against all the woke mob hysteria and kneejerk cancel culture mindset coming from the far left 'progressives'. I support an ongoing conversation on these topics.

So I don't want to be put in a camp defending any of that extreme. But, I also have no way of knowing what a trans person's experience is. I'm not going to claim that every single one of them are confused or pretending. That doesn't seem likely, but either way, I don't know. I'm not going to assume.

And even if I did think that, I'd still call them by the gender pronoun they prefer, and acknowledge them as trans people.

I also don't know what a gay person's experience is, since I'm straight. So therefore my attitude should be that they're all confused, all throughout history? Clearly that is not the case.
What are your thoughts on a group of women being attacked by a group of men for protesting a bio man being it in a women’s prison? You never responded to the topic, just went straight into attacking the woman who posted it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2022, 12:16 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
I also have no way of knowing what a trans person's experience is. I'm not going to claim that every single one of them are confused or pretending. That doesn't seem likely, but either way, I don't know. I'm not going to assume.
I don't think they're pretending, either. I believe that gender dysphoria is real, and that on some subconscious level, transgendered people (other than those who are being intentionally misleading) actually do believe that they are the gender that they claim to be. It must be horribly discordant to believe that you're one thing while your own body is telling you that you're something else; but no, I don't think that most of them are faking it. Which is why I said that I believe they are seriously confused.

Quote:
And even if I did think that, I'd still call them by the gender pronoun they prefer,
I won't. I prefer to use the language correctly.

Old 12-06-2022, 12:32 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
She DID use the murderer's correct pronouns. As far as I've been able to determine, the killer is a man, and therefore should be referred to with male pronouns, i.e. he/him/his. The fact that he calls himself a woman has absolutely no bearing on what his physical biology says he is.
FYI

A trans woman was born male and has changed to female

A trans man was born female and has changed to male

If you want to stubbornly use your own personal definition, you will only succeed in confusing anyone you talk to.

Old 12-06-2022, 12:39 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Because men are stronger than women and can over power them much easier than other women. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0205132404.htm

And due to the fact that 99% of perpetrators of sexual assault are men and 91% of victims are women.

Prisons is no picnic but being subject to cruel and unusual punishment is not ok and it’s cruel and unusual to force women to be imprisoned with violent men.
Prison is rife with sexual assault by prison staff against inmates.

I presume the feminists protesting the incarceration of a trans woman into a woman’s facility are equally as vocal about the present and actual cases of sexual abuse already rampant.

I mean if their goal is to stand up for incarcerated women’s rights it would make sense they also shine a light on a systemic assault that happens in likely every woman’s prison in the country, already. If they are indeed fighting for the safety of incarcerated women.

Perhaps they should also protest prison clergy, they can’t be trusted. Nor wardens.

Quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. - A federal judge on Wednesday sentenced a former Dublin prison chaplain to seven years behind bars, calling his crimes "unspeakable" and dismissing his defense team's pleas to be lenient because he suffered PTSD as an Army veteran who suffered from "impulse control."

"This is rape," U.S. District Court Judge Haywood S. Gilliam Jr. told James Theodore Highhouse, 50, who wore jeans, Nike sneakers and an Under Armour T-shirt to his sentencing hearing in Oakland. "This was sustained predatory behavior against traumatized and defenseless women in prison."
Five staff including the warden and the above chaplain are on trial for the systematic rape and abuse of women at Dublin Fed Prison, Ca.

You know this cruel and unusual punishment goes on daily and has for many many years? Why is it only an issue if a trans woman *might* do it?

https://www.ktvu.com/news/this-is-ra...%20control.%22

Old 12-06-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
FYI

A trans woman was born male and has changed to female

A trans man was born female and has changed to male

If you want to stubbornly use your own personal definition, you will only succeed in confusing anyone you talk to.
A person who is born a male can not change to being a female and vice versa. It’s biologically impossible.

Old 12-06-2022, 12:43 PM

11,025 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
If you go to prison, you might be locked up with violent criminals, even murderers. What does the prisoner's gender have to do with it?
Well, one might ask why there are separate mens and womens prisons and not a mixed sex prison. Now you are advocating putting a man in a womens prison? For starters, this trans man has no scruples. He has murdered three people in cold blood, two of whom were 'non-binary'. Do you think for one moment that he's not going to rape the women in that prison?

Last edited by 303Guy; 12-06-2022 at 01:03 PM..

Old 12-06-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Prison is rife with sexual assault by prison staff against inmates.

I presume the feminists protesting the incarceration of a trans woman into a woman’s facility are equally as vocal about the present and actual cases of sexual abuse already rampant.

I mean if their goal is to stand up for incarcerated women’s rights it would make sense they also shine a light on a systemic assault that happens in likely every woman’s prison in the country, already. If they are indeed fighting for the safety of incarcerated women.

Perhaps they should also protest prison clergy, they can’t be trusted. Nor wardens.

Five staff including the warden and the above chaplain are on trial for the systematic rape and abuse of women at Dublin Fed Prison, Ca.

You know this cruel and unusual punishment goes on daily and has for many many years? Why is it only an issue if a trans woman *might* do it?
I’m sure as women they are concerned about women being raped in prison, period.

Do you think Dana should be allowed to be housed in the women’s prison?

Do you think the women protesting deserved to be assaulted?

Old 12-06-2022, 12:51 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
Quote:
What are your thoughts on a group of women being attacked by a group of men for protesting a bio man being it in a women’s prison? You never responded to the topic, just went straight into attacking the woman who posted it.
I'm against anyone assaulting anyone. I thought it's pretty obvious that everyone is always against that. Or I would hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I don't think they're pretending, either. I believe that gender dysphoria is real, and that on some subconscious level, transgendered people (other than those who are being intentionally misleading) actually do believe that they are the gender that they claim to be. It must be horribly discordant to believe that you're one thing while your own body is telling you that you're something else; but no, I don't think that most of them are faking it. Which is why I said that I believe they are seriously confused.
One of my friends who is trans, I knew her back before she came out as trans and transitioned, and she says she is much happier now, and she definitely seems to be. Always smiling when I see pictures, seems to be living a good life.

I don't get it. But do I really have to get it? Maybe someone is just a trans person, and I have no idea what it's like and it's none of my business. And we should accept them as trans people and use the pronouns they want to go by.

Now, I don't take that to the extreme that again some of the far left crowd might be taking it, like saying that I'm a bigot if I'm not attracted to trans women. No. We can't choose who we are attracted to.

Quote:
I won't. I prefer to use the language correctly.
It's not really a question of language. It's a question of if gender and sex are necessarily one and the same thing. If they're not, then using language describing gender, but using it according to one's sex, would be using the language incorrectly.

Quote:
A person who is born a male can not change to being a female and vice versa. It’s biologically impossible.
Definitely agree with this.

There could be validity to people saying that sex and gender are not the same thing, and man/woman = terms relating to gender, as opposed to male/female.

Anyone out there who is saying that you can identify as one sex or the other, that is definitely wrong. Sex is a matter of objective facts of physiology.

Old 12-06-2022, 12:58 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
This criminal hopefully will be convicted given life without parole and held in protective custody. The stats I read stated 90 percent of trans women wanting to transfer to female prisons in California are denied. The group protesting shouldn’t of been attacked.

Old 12-06-2022, 01:08 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
I’m sure as women they are concerned about women being raped in prison, period.
Ah but are they though? Or are they only concerned when there’s a possibility rape may be committed by a trans woman? Because if they want to protest ACTUAL rape happening right now on women’s prisons all over the country, that would actually do something about something that is actually and already happening.

A lot of women in society believe we’re “soft on crime” and really don’t give a crap what happens to incarcerated women.

Unless there’s a possibility they might be housed with a trans. And then they care very much, apparently.

Quote:
Do you think Dana should be allowed to be housed in the women’s prison?
Interesting question. Given the very violent nature of her crime, I don’t believe she should be housed in a general prison population of either gender. I don’t believe very violent offenders should be housed with non violent offenders period.

But prison is where all violent murderers go. Are the women under more threat from Dana than a 300 pound, super strong woman who’s also in there for some kind of psychopathic violence against other women?

I’m not sure they are. I actually have to think about that question, honestly I’m in the fence.

Quote:
Do you think the women protesting deserved to be assaulted?
Yes, to within an inch of their lives.

Of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies