Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 09:24 AM

10,797 posts, read 5,551,265 times

Advertisements

I lived and worked in San Francisco from 1999 to 2011. San Francsico was already then plunging into decay. Never in my wildest dreams did I think in 2011, that a mere decade later SF society would collapse into chaos like this.

This is third world country stuff. I used to laugh at youtube videos with idiots from Saudi Arabia getting hurt falling off cars doing this stuff. We imported this lawlessness from third world nations.

Now America too has hostile horders either taking over public intersections as if they owned them, and talking over entire freeway lanes to do stunts on motorcycles and quad. In both cases, the traveling public who paid for the roads are prevented from being able to travel in peace and safety, so said animals can impose their egotistical fun on everyone else.

There are ample abandoned parking lots for empty, bankrupt commercial buildings for this. That they takeover streets to do this is nothing but a power trip. It is not about merely exhibiting driving skills or enjoying the feeling of drifting. It is primarily about forcing the traveling public to witness and wait for these events.

It is a power trip for these animals.

It is a middle finger from these savages at the rest of us.

I always knew civilization was fragile and San Fransicko would fall into chaos and darkness, but at 65 years old, I honestly did not think I would see this happen in my lifetime. Back in 2010 when I left SF, I though this was still decades away, not merely years.

San Francisco. I was raised there. RIP.

God help us to restore civilization in America. And fast. My fear is that we have made our bed and are resigned to lie in it. Nay, die in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SN9...ist=WL&index=4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2022, 09:30 AM

18,151 posts, read 25,693,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I lived and worked in San Francisco from 1999 to 2011. San Francsico was already then plunging into decay. Never in my wildest dreams did I think in 2011, that a mere decade later SF society would collapse into chaos like this.

This is third world country stuff. I used to laugh at youtube videos with idiots from Saudi Arabia getting hurt falling off cars doing this stuff. We imported this lawlessness from third world nations.

Now America too has hostile horders either taking over public intersections as if they owned them, and talking over entire freeway lanes to do stunts on motorcycles and quad. In both cases, the traveling public who paid for the roads are prevented from being able to travel in peace and safety, so said animals can impose their egotistical fun on everyone else.

There are ample abandoned parking lots for empty, bankrupt commercial buildings for this. That they takeover streets to do this is nothing but a power trip. It is not about merely exhibiting driving skills or enjoying the feeling of drifting. It is primarily about forcing the traveling public to witness and wait for these events.

It is a power trip for these animals.

It is a middle finger from these savages at the rest of us.

I always knew civilization was fragile and San Fransicko would fall into chaos and darkness, but at 65 years old, I honestly did not think I would see this happen in my lifetime. Back in 2010 when I left SF, I though this was still decades away, not merely years.

San Francisco. I was raised there. RIP.

God help us to restore civilization in America. And fast. My fear is that we have made our bed and are resigned to lie in it. Nay, die in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SN9...ist=WL&index=4

In life, I thought I heard it all and read it all. I guess I haven't.

Absolutely idiotic!

Old 12-06-2022, 09:32 AM

1,636 posts, read 1,216,041 times
Looks like San Francisco is getting a little slice of Los Angeles. Or even Houston.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Looks like San Francisco is getting a little slice of Los Angeles. Or even Houston.
You either kill cancer or you let it spread and wait for it to kill the host.

We are choosing the latter.

Crimes like this justify an overwhelmingly firm and heavy handed reponse. They should suspend the driver's licenses of every person who was standing in the street blocking the path cars normally use. Every single one. Throw the book at the drivers.

I would not tolerate this kind of chaotic lawlessness that stokes their power-tripping egos. I would go "nuclear' on them right out of the gate with severely stern punishments for all, no exemptions.

I would burn in into their bird brains that if you attend an event like this, you will lose your driver's license for a year. I might add mandatory jail time and a fine to it as well. Not felonies. I don't want to turn all these kids into paper felonies, but misdemeanor convictions and 2 days in jail, $5000 find, and 1 year suspension of drivers license.

Maybe some of them would get the message that this isn't fun anymore. There are tons of vacant parking lots at night for them to do this. I am against that as well - tearing up a mall parking lot, but I would utilize normal pentalties. For taking over a city street intersection, I would go nuclear.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:00 AM

25,295 posts, read 18,439,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
You either kill cancer or you let it spread and wait for it to kill the host.

We are choosing the latter.
Yup. Exactly right. And very few seem to understand this basic truth. No consequence for criminal behavior equals more criminal behavior.

The sad thing is that there is really no place for those of us who understand this to go in order to get away from it. It's spreading, as you say, like cancer.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:04 AM

This lawless, chaotic, uncivilized and dangerous cancer is spreading fast, mostly due to social media. We used to call this "monkey see, monkey do." Anything novel immediately gets hundreds of copycats.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:14 AM

6,688 posts, read 3,459,111 times
Quote:
The devastation of downtown commercial districts has been an unmistakable shift in America's largest cities. In San Francisco, the landmark Salesforce tower and other buildings have remained mostly unoccupied as the tech industry has embraced remote and hybrid work...San Francisco has faced office-vacancy rates of 34% to 40% in some parts of the city.
Quote:
One building in San Francisco's Mission District that sold for $397 million in 2019 is on the market for about $155 million, a 60% decline.
Quote:
London Breed, San Francisco's mayor, told Bloomberg that "life as we knew it before the pandemic is not going to go back."
Link

----------

London Breed thinks she's Jimmy Carter.

Old 12-06-2022, 07:15 PM

2,000 posts, read 1,695,276 times
I doubt suspending their license would stop them from driving. Confiscate and sell the cars, we need more cash for the pension funds.

Old 12-06-2022, 07:42 PM

29,643 posts, read 24,669,992 times
What's this??? Renegade white supremacists trying to bring the minority community down??? Someone better send Mad Maxine out to get in their face and tell them they are not welcomed!

Old 12-06-2022, 07:53 PM

8,876 posts, read 11,660,508 times
Call me callous, but if armed citizens shoots these clowns down, they will stop real fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies