Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 02:46 PM

7,191 posts, read 3,400,284 times

Advertisements

Pelosi and Schumer are great leaders and have been great leaders for their Democrat causes. they know how to get elected, they know exactly what to say, and they know exactly how to motivate their base. democrats are typically lockstep with one another, even if a fellow Democrat says something controversial, racist, or antisemitic, it is suppressed and ignored. it helps to have the media completely on your side and that helps the Democrat narrative an agenda push forward.

as for Republicans, they are like a company that used to make a lot of money selling a product nobody wants anymore and can’t figure out what they need to do to survive. They do not know how to appeal to voters. many of them who have been in politics for just as long as Schumer and Pelosi regard them as close colleagues, and are basically the opposite side of the same coin. liberals like opining on what’s wrong with the republican party, and they like to point to the tea party and Maga and crazy people like Marjorie Taylor Greene who is the media personality first and foremost. The real problem with the republican party is they have abandoned liberty and the constitution. If they embraced certain social issues and focused on constitutionalism and limited government, they might have a chance. My advice to Republicans is they should be the party of legalized, marijuana, mushrooms, and LGBT rights along with deregulation and domestic energy production and strong military and border
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2022, 02:54 PM

18,273 posts, read 8,074,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
The problem the House Republicans have is that their lunatic fringe won’t fall in line . Meanwhile AOC and her caucus is often more willing to cut a partial deal with party leadership .
nope.....because that means going even more liberal and giving up even more rights

AOC starts out with more crap than she will ever get...and then settles for what she wanted...it's a con game

what you libs call "compromise" means going more liberal and giving up more rights

Old 12-07-2022, 03:56 PM

13,259 posts, read 22,690,080 times
While MTG got stripped of her committee assignments, she’s still got a certain amount of power as part of the ‘Freedom Caucus’ and such along with the odious Matt Gaetz.

Old 12-07-2022, 05:17 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,539,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Pelosi and Schumer are great leaders and have been great leaders for their Democrat causes. they know how to get elected, they know exactly what to say, and they know exactly how to motivate their base. democrats are typically lockstep with one another, even if a fellow Democrat says something controversial, racist, or antisemitic, it is suppressed and ignored. it helps to have the media completely on your side and that helps the Democrat narrative an agenda push forward.

as for Republicans, they are like a company that used to make a lot of money selling a product nobody wants anymore and can’t figure out what they need to do to survive. They do not know how to appeal to voters. many of them who have been in politics for just as long as Schumer and Pelosi regard them as close colleagues, and are basically the opposite side of the same coin. liberals like opining on what’s wrong with the republican party, and they like to point to the tea party and Maga and crazy people like Marjorie Taylor Greene who is the media personality first and foremost. The real problem with the republican party is they have abandoned liberty and the constitution. If they embraced certain social issues and focused on constitutionalism and limited government, they might have a chance. My advice to Republicans is they should be the party of legalized, marijuana, mushrooms, and LGBT rights along with deregulation and domestic energy production and strong military and border
Well, there is that.

A few days ago, the current leader of the Republican Party announced that the rules of the Constitution should be terminated. As far as I know, only one Republican -- Lisa Murkowski -- has refuted that nonsense.

Can't say I agree with you 100% about the Democrats being in lockstep with one another. Manchin and Sinema ring a bell? The constant theme is "Democrats in disarray.--again." As to Democrats suppressing anything controversial, good grief. They forced Al Franken to resign over a bad joke photo taken years ago.

Republicans selling a product nobody wants any more? Can't say I agree with there either. Warnoff won by a whisker. 1,719,483 Georgia voters, close to half, marked their ballot for a moron that wants to be a werewolf. I'm not kidding.

Plenty of people still want what Republicans are selling, though I can't figure out why. They carry on about how every bum and his Brother Bob should be able to carry AR-15s around, but women shouldn't make their own medical decisions, and children shouldn't read certain books, and certain people shouldn't be able to get married, and ....

Old 12-07-2022, 05:54 PM

18,273 posts, read 8,074,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Plenty of people still want what Republicans are selling, though I can't figure out why.
you're going to get a sprain patting yourself on the back like that....LOL

they don't want what the democrats are selling....republican is the only other choice

Old 12-07-2022, 09:19 PM

31,866 posts, read 14,852,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
you're going to get a sprain patting yourself on the back like that....LOL

they don't want what the democrats are selling....republican is the only other choice
They obviously don't want what republicans are selling since they barely won the house and didn't take over the senate.

Old 12-07-2022, 09:32 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,240,314 times
McConnell is very effective and respected for what he has done.

You get fringe candidates controlling your house when you have slim margins if they're willimg to burn your party down. It drivesbthe keadershipbto the extremes.

Old 12-07-2022, 09:55 PM

17,910 posts, read 27,307,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
No matter what you may think of Pelosi and Schumer, ... Why do they keep electing these losers?
Pelosi, Schumer, McCaskill, Hirono, Feinstein, Coons, Warren, Bernie Sanders, Booker, Blumenthal, Stalwell, Schiff, Waters, Wasserman Schultz, Tialib, Omar, Jeffries, Nadler, AOC, Liz Cheney, just not my people.

Those are my losers.

Old 12-08-2022, 07:31 AM

56,904 posts, read 25,835,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That's what I wonder.

Herschel Walker was nearly elected Senator. The man is a moron who wants to be a werewolf. He has no business in the Senate.

Marjorie Taylor Greene, Josh Hawley, Madison Cawthorn, Lauren Boebert, -- who would hire any of these characters to manage a store, let alone the nation.

Republican politicians are ridiculous and their policies even worse.
You left out Biggs, Mo Brooks, Gaetz and Gosar.

The house Freedom Caucus looks like the Star Wars Bar, I feel sorry for McCarthy.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:01 AM

23,494 posts, read 23,835,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
No matter what you may think of Pelosi and Schumer, you have to admit that they command a lot of respect in Congress and get things done. They are also loved by the media and voters. Republicans on the other hand have been stuck with leaders like John Boner, Jack Ryan, McCarthyism, and the Turtle. It has gotten so bad that people even refuse to shake hands with Republican leaders in Congress. Why do they keep electing these losers?
This is such a stupid post.

"They command a lot of respect and get things done"

As the leaders of the House and Senate who have a president who'll rubber stamp anything put on his desk, duh.

"Loved by the media"

Mentioning the media in this context only proves that you either don't understand the situation our country is in or you're deliberately ignoring it. The media loves the most powerful Democrats in congress? Tell me why that's supposed to matter. Seriously. Explain what that's significant. I'll bet you can't do it in any meaningful way.

If the "watchdog" media who's supposed to "speak truth to power" is constantly fawning over the leadership in government, that should be a huge red flag, but you do you.

"and voters"

LOL.

"John Boner, Jack Ryan, McCarthyism, and the Turtle"

I can tell that you take politics very seriously and that good governance is a high priority for you. I know this because you don't focus on superficial nonsense or stoop to playground level insults. Oh, wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies