Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 01:27 PM

6,101 posts, read 2,722,498 times

Advertisements

I don't care what side you are on we need to get to the bottom of the origins of Covid. And if anyone in the government helped fund gain of function at Wuhan.

Fauci needs to come clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2022, 01:28 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
The damage to trust was done by the bureaucrats, like Fauci, Biden, Walensky, issuing orders on how we, the public, should behave.

Science ONLY works by open challenge - yet, there was no challenge during the pandemic. It was purposely suppressed as 'misinformation'. That dooms science and trust in the public eye.

In its stead we got what was basically dogmatic proclamations from Fauci as the Pope of Science that if questioned was met with ridicule and banishment from social media.

Science must stand on its own by challenge from all comers - what remains IS fact.
i stuck up for fauxci for quite a while. when he crowed 'i am the science!' and stated that criticizing him was criticizing 'Science' [note the capital 's'], i was done.

Old 12-07-2022, 02:10 PM

7,320 posts, read 3,804,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i stuck up for fauxci for quite a while. when he crowed 'i am the science!' and stated that criticizing him was criticizing 'Science' [note the capital 's'], i was done.
I supported him for a while too. In my case, I had forgotten he was the same guy who pulled studies out of his ass during the AIDS crisis, like he did with COVID.

Then I saw a 40-year-old video of him and remembered who he was.

Old 12-07-2022, 02:16 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
he doesn't have to recall.....his ego wouldn't let him shut up

He's recorded on every news station, every interview, every twitter........every thing

Old 12-07-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
he doesn't have to recall.....his ego wouldn't let him shut up

He's recorded on every news station, every interview, every twitter........every thing
Fauci would invade Russia in winter and believe he could be victorious due to his magnificent abilities.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:58 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Well if any of them ever did recall there would be riots in the streets.

So much for transparency

Old 12-07-2022, 09:05 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Science must stand on its own by challenge from all comers - what remains IS fact.
Yep. And if it can't, it is not science, it is religion. It's religion that goes with the inquisition to silence all heretics, NOT science. Most of science's most revolutionary discoveries were made by "heretics."

Old 12-07-2022, 09:48 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I don't care what side you are on we need to get to the bottom of the origins of Covid. And if anyone in the government helped fund gain of function at Wuhan.

Fauci needs to come clean.
Ralph Baric at UNC did GoF research.

You know what's interesting? They say all of these virus studies and research is supposed to help - but it NEVER does. Like... NEVER. Maybe I'm over the top here. Someone clue me in on any good that came from studying bat coronaviruses for decades.

Taking everything at face value - COVID happened, and the vaccines don't vaccinate anyone. What good did decades of bat watching around the globe do?

Old 12-08-2022, 06:28 AM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Ralph Baric at UNC did GoF research.

You know what's interesting? They say all of these virus studies and research is supposed to help - but it NEVER does. Like... NEVER. Maybe I'm over the top here. Someone clue me in on any good that came from studying bat coronaviruses for decades.

Taking everything at face value - COVID happened, and the vaccines don't vaccinate anyone. What good did decades of bat watching around the globe do?
Research for bioweapon development....bats are mammals, mice are mammals ... easily transferred to humans.

Old 12-08-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Research for bioweapon development....bats are mammals, mice are mammals ... easily transferred to humans.
The primary argument for GoF research was to develop countermeasures to predicted Soviet bioweapons.

Like they try to predict the flu strain coming out of China every year, they use GoF research to better develop countermeasures to predicted biological weapons.

The US has been doing it for decades and the development of these countermeasures was not a secret. The details were secret, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies