Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2022, 10:29 AM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This seems too fine of a point for some to grasp.
Simpler point might be the Klan.

Klan was religiously based, Protestant. Baptists are also Protestant and lots of Baptists are black. But then for sure you'd likewise have people that would get outraged if the restaurant refused to host the local Klans dinner

Old 12-08-2022, 10:30 AM

4,944 posts, read 3,051,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

This "Christian" group that is so damn judgmental (What would Jesus say about that?)

Jesus would not approve, and any Christian group practicing otherwise is not Christian.
There are many hypocrites claiming this faith.

6,100 posts, read 2,722,498 times
Even though restaurants/businesses can refuse service to anyone. Refusing service to people because of their political or religious beliefs is ignorant.

You're in the business to make money not to thump your moral authority on to people you don't agree with jeez idiots.

A surefire way to go outta business.

bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
correct you can not pick you sexual orientation (who you are attracted to) or your sex/gender....its how you are born
Stupid argument.

Some are. Many choose. And some change.

There would be no bi-sexuals if everyone was born a certain way.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:32 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
The Yemeni immigrant who owns the corner store on the east side of Cleveland serves black people all the time every day, but can he be confident if he chases out a black guy who looks particularly menacing to him and is making the shop owner "feel uncomfortable," you think there won't be anyone saying the guy got kicked out because of his race? Because I assure you there will. Especially if the shop owner let some questionable racial language slip out in the heat of the moment. Then I'd think a civil rights suit might be in play.
Maybe so, with those specifics. Race is a protected class. "I choose to be a piece of garbage who actively opposes gay people" is not a protected class in the Civil Rights Act, to my knowledge.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:32 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope...the baker did NOT refuse service... they stated they will not decorate it the way the couple WANTED it
The baker stated to the court that that he would not make any wedding cake for same sex couples. It could have been a cake design that he made daily, but since it was for a same sex couple they were refused service. Per the court docs the decorations weren't even discussed before refusal.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:35 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,912,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip-Squeak View Post
It makes no sense. Christians are not violent, in fact their religion forbids it
oh sweetie i have some bad news for you

Old 12-08-2022, 10:35 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,972,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That's a good question. If the person came in wearing a BLM t-shirt in your scenario, I think you could ask him to leave or take off the t-shirt. Likewise, if the person begins spouting off BLM propaganda, you could also ask him to leave.

In the case of the group coming to the restaurant, they planned a dinner meeting where they would be publically discussing their anti gay activities while being served by gay staff. Why should the gay staff have to put up with that kind of disrespect? I wouldn't want them in the restaurant under those conditions.
Again, there was no disrespect, and there was no planned disrespect. Rather, someone in the kitchen googled the organization and drew a straight line from the organization's mission to some imagined disrespect, and they refused service based on that. I don't think it's too difficult to see that there might have been some anti-Christian bias involved while that straight line was being drawn. Which, in my non-expert opinion, would leave the restaurant open to a civil rights suit.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:38 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,972,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Maybe so, with those specifics. Race is a protected class. "I choose to be a piece of garbage who actively opposes gay people" is not a protected class in the Civil Rights Act, to my knowledge.
But you, and the people from the restaurant, are making a choice to see these people as "garbage." And I am saying that anti-Christian biases play a part in that choice.

Your own comments on this thread on Christians and Christianity lend support to my thesis here.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:44 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,683,919 times
I couldn’t be more proud of my local and delicious Metzger. Richmond also ran Steve Bannon out of a local bookstore. We’re building the city that we want. Weirdos need not visit.

Religion and political beliefs are a choice. These people choose to devalue other Americans because of how they were born. May they find no safe harbor. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies