Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 10:48 AM

6,780 posts, read 9,332,326 times

Advertisements

Democrats ruin yet another thing!

When I was a kid, my sister was into American Girl dolls. At that point, they mostly had to do with history and I believe each of the dolls represented a different time/situation in American history. Why not just let sleeping dogs lie? Why can’t Democrats who work for these companies STOP with the nonsense. Not sure why discussing “gender identity” is considered to be within the scope of an American Girl doll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2022, 11:15 AM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
$37K for puberty blocker implants for kids.

Thankfully covered by medicaid and Obamacare.

A growing industry has sprung up since 2019 when transgenderism came off the mental health illness list.
*poof* just like that it's no longer a mental illness but a normal sexual behavior.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:16 AM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post

When I was a kid, my sister was into American Girl dolls. At that point, they mostly had to do with history and I believe each of the dolls represented a different time/situation in American history. Why not just let sleeping dogs lie? Why can’t Democrats who work for these companies STOP with the nonsense. Not sure why discussing “gender identity” is considered to be within the scope of an American Girl doll.
They will not stop until every female becomes an "it" and no longer able to have babies.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:58 AM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post

Because nobody can stop them from doing it, that's why.

Old 12-08-2022, 12:27 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Wrong the book does not tell girls to become men or men to become girls.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ge-gender.html

Link to a photo of the page in question.

They do say medicine might be given to slow puberty.

Oh boy -- that's not necessary or right.

The whole go to a doctor, find someone to talk to if you are struggling is not bad messaging......but it should end there.
Why would an adult suggest to a child to slow their puberty down? Answer, to affirm a medical procedures to transition into becoming a transsexual. Don't dumb this down, we know why.

Old 12-08-2022, 12:43 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why would an adult suggest to a child to slow their puberty down?
Early puberty, known as precocious puberty, has some negative concerns in girls- shorter adult height than you’d tend toward genetically, early menstrual cycles, which is not something a nine year old girl wants to be having to worry about, and a slight increase in risk for breast cancer. It can also be caused by underlying health conditions and it can be useful to have a pediatrician do a rule out for some of those. Girls who go through puberty early also often face bullying in school for the obvious changes in their bodies.

A few links-

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20351811

https://www.webmd.com/children/causes-symptoms

https://www.dukehealth.org/blog/when-puberty-too-early

Old 12-08-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCadet View Post
It’s not a fad. It’s an attack and attempt at brainwashing young girls. It’s for profit and to destroy identity. If you don’t have an identity you are easily manipulated.
Notice that this is coming from the same political party that has lost their minds over catastrophic man-made global warming climate change.

These are also the same people whose agenda has convinced young people to either commit suicide or sterilize their reproductive organs because they think their carbon footprint is destroying the planet.

These are the same people who want to reduce global populations, to also reduce carbon footprints.

Might it be that they are convincing other people kids to destroy their ability to reproduce as a way to reduce the global population. The younger they can convince children that they are non-binary, trans, gay, or that having children will destroy the planet, the fewer children will be born.

Old 12-08-2022, 12:47 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Early puberty, known as precocious puberty, has some negative concerns in girls- shorter adult height than you’d tend toward genetically, early menstrual cycles, which is not something a nine year old girl wants to be having to worry about, and a slight increase in risk for breast cancer. It can also be caused by underlying health conditions and it can be useful to have a pediatrician do a rule out for some of those. Girls who go through puberty early also often face bullying in school for the obvious changes in their bodies.

A few links-

oh that's a good point.

So delaying puberty isn't just a tool used for children with gender identity issues.

That makes sense.

This kind of info. is important and I think we have to have the uncomfortable open discussions.

I'm nhot comfortable with children taking measures to permanently change their physical nature be it for vanity or for sexual identity issues. I do think we have to be careful, have some strict guidelines, etc.......

But we have to be careful with making these kids who struggle with this issue feel isolated or not party of our society.

It's a sensitive balance.

Old 12-08-2022, 12:49 PM

6,780 posts, read 9,332,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh that's a good point.

So delaying puberty isn't just a tool used for children with gender identity issues.

That makes sense.

This kind of info. is important and I think we have to have the uncomfortable open discussions.

I'm nhot comfortable with children taking measures to permanently change their physical nature be it for vanity or for sexual identity issues. I do think we have to be careful, have some strict guidelines, etc.......

But we have to be careful with making these kids who struggle with this issue feel isolated or not party of our society.

It's a sensitive balance.
Why should a toy company be involved with this topic at all?

Old 12-08-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post

A few links-

We are not talking about sincere medical abnormalities here.

Did you read the part where the company said this:

The book also instructs children: "If you don’t have an adult you trust, there are organizations across the country that can help you. Turn to the resources on page 95 for more information."

So this book is not addressing doctors trying to administer legitimate medical treatments for rare medical conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies