Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 08:00 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Presumably the gas in the tank can last longer than a battery packs charge until the people are able to repair the damage. You can be fairly sure the survivalist are keeping everything topped off right now.
The statement I was responding to was being able to get to another area that has power. A full charge or full tank would probably get that done. But if you are almost out of gas or a low charge then you may not be going anywhere.

But risk the supply chain. If trucks cannot fill up everything grinds to a halt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2022, 05:54 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUxvQ9bLDgQ

Old 12-08-2022, 07:27 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times
I don't understand the propaganda the news media is spewing. Apparently, there was a drag show in an area where power was cut so naturally, it is a right-wing attack on the drag show. Call me crazy but I think these idiots that call themselves journalists do not know the difference between speculation and news.

For all we know there is a new tic-tok challenge out there instructing kids on how to disable a power station.

Old 12-10-2022, 05:19 PM

8,922 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Just ask the FBI to hand over their files on possible suspects or possible agents involved in the attack.
You may be closer to the truth than you imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I don't understand the propaganda the news media is spewing. Apparently, there was a drag show in an area where power was cut so naturally, it is a right-wing attack on the drag show. Call me crazy but I think these idiots that call themselves journalists do not know the difference between speculation and news.
I worry about both, a false flag attack, Leftists making it look like a Right Wing group, and I worry about the FBI framing some political opponents for it.

Old 12-10-2022, 05:24 PM

25,684 posts, read 18,773,845 times
I suggest we immediately shoot to kill. I don't care WHAT kind of "cause" they think they stand for (if anything).

Old 12-10-2022, 05:36 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Gonna have to make bullet proof housings for that grid stuff sid. At least make it to where it can handle 454 and 460. cal.

Old 12-11-2022, 02:31 AM

8,922 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I suggest we immediately shoot to kill. I don't care WHAT kind of "cause" they think they stand for (if anything).
That only works if you catch them in the act. Else, who are you going to "shoot to kill"? So far, no one has been caught, and in fact, they don't seem to have any suspects. (That, alone, makes me think it is probably Leftists, creating a false flag style attack.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Gonna have to make bullet proof housings for that grid stuff sid. At least make it to where it can handle 454 and 460. cal.
No need to go that far. Merely making it resistant to small caliber rifles (5.56 and 7.62x39) and making it impossible to see the (fairly small) critical spots that need to be shot, will make it far more difficult for these small arms attacks.

Old 12-11-2022, 05:35 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Get your house all solar'd up and don't worry about it.
The gov't has already put laws into effect that prevents you from directly accesing the electricity you generate off your solar panels. It must first be sold to the public utility, & then they issue you a credit against the electricity you use. This keep them in control. Do you have any other ideas?

Old 12-11-2022, 05:40 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
I am suspicious this is the government.

Biden has made it clear he wants to reduce use to meet his goals... what a great way to achive that without it coming back on him.

If they can't find out who did this, then you will know it was government agents.

I think he got the idea from Russia taking out Ukraine energy plants.

Old 12-11-2022, 05:42 AM

7,329 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The gov't has already put laws into effect that prevents you from directly accesing the electricity you generate off your solar panels. It must first be sold to the public utility, & then they issue you a credit against the electricity you use. This keep them in control. Do you have any other ideas?
my house runs on 100% renewable energy. well, at least i hope it will once the garden nome and pinwheel get delivered and i start composting banana peels i should have enough green energy to power a city. sorry, was thinking like a liberal there for a minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies