Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 03:57 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Trump came about specifically because of Obama and Hillary.

Why? Because Obama and Hillary were demonizing 1/2 of America and those folks had enough. They were more than willing to vote for the biggest bully in the room in order to give the middle finger to the establishment.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the orange goof, and my opinion of him is not good, electing him did one of the best things in my lifetime. It allowed for the nomination and seating of 3 SCOTUS Justices who will follow the constitution rather than acting as left wing activists. I will be forever grateful for that.

With that said, this was a once in a lifetime deal with Trump. Trump would never have been elected President had the Democrat party not nominated someone as vile as Hillary.

That time is well behind us now. Please realize Trump will never become President again, not only because lightning will not strike twice, but because the orange goof is derailing before the world's eyes.

If, and that's a big IF, there are any loyalists clinging onto Trump. LET IT GO!

It's over. Move onto something better or you will be in for a rude awakening come 2024.

Bookmark this page for future reference.

You are part of the problem in the GOP party. You just want to win elections and keep the same corporate elitists neo cons in the party. Trump isn't the problem. Trump has been in government for 4 years but here you are repeating the GOP establishment falsehood and in denial about the real problem. It's a lot easier to blame Trump and pretend that if We get rid of Trump and re-arrange the chairs in the titanic call the GOP that is the solution. "Just win elections" so you feel better here.

Explain this about the GOP Party:

1) Why after HW Bush landslide lost in 1992, why did party kept embracing the Bush doctrine in foreign policy, open borders, outsourcing and economics and pushed for his son W Bush/Cheney (a real loser and a war criminal) for 8 years that made the Republicans lose the house and Senate in a huge landslide in 2006/2008 and gave Obama 8 years in power to later push his another brother, Jeb Bush down our throats in 2016??

2) Why after McCain and Romney lost back to back in 2008 and 2012, they were allowed to stay in the party and be in the U.S. Senate pushing for failed policies after failed policies after their losses? Who's fault was that?

3) Why after McConnell who has been a U.S. Senator since 1985 ( I was in JR. High that year and today I'm 52 years old with grand kids.) is allowed calling shots in the U.S. Senate is beyond me and he gets NO blame why We have this mess. He has lower approval numbers than Pelosi and Kamala but for some weird reason he keeps the #1 spot in the U.S. Senate calling the shots and giving the Democrats the ok to keep spending.

4) McConnell failed 3 Senate elections in row to gain the majority in the Senate. In 2008 he lost 8 seats, lost in 2010 and lost 2012. Then he loses back to back 2020 and 2022 U.S. Senate Elections as the #1 leader in the U.S. Senate because he has No platform and doesn't stand for anything other than approving Democrats big spending bills and their violations of our constitution but somehow with his power and corruption he gets to keep his power with Thune and the rest of the old establishment Republicans who have very low national approval numbers but crickets from the D.C. media and some Republicans and you think that is a winner? LOL

The problem before 2016 is the GOP establishment and still is. Why would you fool yourself that if We only blame Trump (which he is out of office) and ignore the elephant in the room which is the GOP establishment and put a new face to fool the public and keep this mess that is the solution?

Old 12-08-2022, 04:04 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Over 95% of his endorsements won the midterms. Trump isn't going anywhere!

Old 12-08-2022, 04:43 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I remember your posts. I saw you skating towards the puck when it was on the end of my stick already.
Well I have never been a Trump supporter, as all my posts show.

I never had TDS like most on the left have. I just realize his pros and cons.

I honestly cannot remember the exact time when I started smacking people upside the head about their blind loyalty to him.

I think it just took me a while to read what some people were posting from both sides and then figure out how Democrat leadership never wanted to prevent him from running. They actually WANT to run against the orange goof. His supporters don't seem to understand that. They really think Democrats are trying to stop Trump from running. They are not. They are trying to make Trump want to run again. They are simply poking the orange bear.

Old 12-08-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And the SC justice appointments have come back to bite the GOP. The dissipation of the "red wave" in this most recent election can be attributed to a large part on the regressive, 20th century tact this new SC is taking. It brought out the opposition in waves to combat them.

These picks might just end up being a Pyrrhic victory for the GOP.
Democrats lost the House. That's great.

We have divided government now, preventing most legislation from passing. That's fantastic.

We now have proper SCOTUS Justices, which will have decades of positive influence on cases as we move forward. That's life changing in the best possible way.

Old 12-08-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm tiring of Trump and I've been a vocal supporter of his for quite a while.
OK - you don't want Trump next time and that is fine. Then get me DeSantis or some businessperson, some non politician who will battle the left to the bitter end. Get me Elon Musk. Or someone outside the establishment.

You nominate any loser RINO like you tried in 2008 and 2012, and I'm not going to bother.
Agreed.

I would LOVE to see DeSantis run and win, EXCEPT I don't want to lose him as my governor yet.

But DeSantis is the future of the Republican party for sure.

Old 12-08-2022, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Nope. Trump came about because:
  1. We saw how the Washington establishment parties were merging into one corrupt political party.
  2. It no longer mattered which political party we voted for, because both were in cahoots with the mega corporations, ignoring the Rights and freedoms of the people, while politicians were getting rich and acquiring power over our lives.
  3. Our politicians were allowing foreigners to overstay visas, and overflow our borders, to take our jobs, bring down wages, siphon off our social welfare programs, crowd our schools and emergency rooms, etc...
  4. They were sending our sons and daughters to foreign lands to fight in endless wars.
  5. Our Congress continued to loot the US Treasury to spend the nation into debt.
  6. Too much of that debt was given away as free money to friends & family, and the corporate and special interest cronies of Washington politicians.
All excellent points, but be advised Trump did not fix the last two at all.

But you make excellent points in as far as the establishment Republicans are not all that much different than Democrats.

It's pretty much do you want to drive your car into the cement wall at 100MPH (Democrats) or 90MPH (Republicans)?

This is why I prefer gridlock, which is what we will have in 2023/2024.

Old 12-08-2022, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You are part of the problem in the GOP party. You just want to win elections and keep the same corporate elitists neo cons in the party. Trump isn't the problem. Trump has been in government for 4 years but here you are repeating the GOP establishment falsehood and in denial about the real problem. It's a lot easier to blame Trump and pretend that if We get rid of Trump and re-arrange the chairs in the titanic call the GOP that is the solution. "Just win elections" so you feel better here.

Explain this about the GOP Party:

1) Why after HW Bush landslide lost in 1992, why did party kept embracing the Bush doctrine in foreign policy, open borders, outsourcing and economics and pushed for his son W Bush/Cheney (a real loser and a war criminal) for 8 years that made the Republicans lose the house and Senate in a huge landslide in 2006/2008 and gave Obama 8 years in power to later push his another brother, Jeb Bush down our throats in 2016??

2) Why after McCain and Romney lost back to back in 2008 and 2012, they were allowed to stay in the party and be in the U.S. Senate pushing for failed policies after failed policies after their losses? Who's fault was that?

3) Why after McConnell who has been a U.S. Senator since 1985 ( I was in JR. High that year and today I'm 52 years old with grand kids.) is allowed calling shots in the U.S. Senate is beyond me and he gets NO blame why We have this mess. He has lower approval numbers than Pelosi and Kamala but for some weird reason he keeps the #1 spot in the U.S. Senate calling the shots and giving the Democrats the ok to keep spending.

4) McConnell failed 3 Senate elections in row to gain the majority in the Senate. In 2008 he lost 8 seats, lost in 2010 and lost 2012. Then he loses back to back 2020 and 2022 U.S. Senate Elections as the #1 leader in the U.S. Senate because he has No platform and doesn't stand for anything other than approving Democrats big spending bills and their violations of our constitution but somehow with his power and corruption he gets to keep his power with Thune and the rest of the old establishment Republicans who have very low national approval numbers but crickets from the D.C. media and some Republicans and you think that is a winner? LOL

The problem before 2016 is the GOP establishment and still is. Why would you fool yourself that if We only blame Trump (which he is out of office) and ignore the elephant in the room which is the GOP establishment and put a new face to fool the public and keep this mess that is the solution?
I'm not part of the Republican Party.

I'm a former Democrat who left the party in 2010, after Obama let me down.

I have voted 3rd party in every Presidential race since that point. Only time will tell if I continue to do that.

One thing is for sure, I WON'T be voting Democrat under any circumstances. I would love to see DeSantis run at some point. I would vote for him.

Old 12-08-2022, 05:06 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times
Quote:
Well I have never been a Trump supporter, as all my posts show.

I never had TDS like most on the left have. I just realize his pros and cons.

I honestly cannot remember the exact time when I started smacking people upside the head about their blind loyalty to him.

I think it just took me a while to read what some people were posting from both sides and then figure out how Democrat leadership never wanted to prevent him from running. They actually WANT to run against the orange goof. His supporters don't seem to understand that. They really think Democrats are trying to stop Trump from running. They are not. They are trying to make Trump want to run again. They are simply poking the orange bear.
I don't have a problem with what you say in general. Just quit pretending you are spoon feeding people new and intellectually edgy topics. They way you word things often comes off as Trumpian. But yeah Trump lost so many people for cry8ng about the elections and making a fool of himself at the debate. After that was the election, and then Jan 6. I thought at the time of Jan 6 most reasonably intelligent people could see that's the end for Trump.

Fast forward awhile to when Trump insulted Desantis during the latest election and I made a thread pretty much declaring him politically dead. It was a poll. There is maybe 30% of the USA population who thinks he is viable. I remember joking about 30%ers and that's trumpsters now.

Old 12-08-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I don't have a problem with what you say in general. Just quit pretending you are spoon feeding people new and intellectually edgy topics. They way you word things often comes off as Trumpian. But yeah Trump lost so many people for cry8ng about the elections and making a fool of himself at the debate. After that was the election, and then Jan 6. I thought at the time of Jan 6 most reasonably intelligent people could see that's the end for Trump.

Fast forward awhile to when Trump insulted Desantis during the latest election and I made a thread pretty much declaring him politically dead. It was a poll. There is maybe 30% of the USA population who thinks he is viable. I remember joking about 30%ers and that's trumpsters now.
I'm just trying to open the eyes of the few remaining people who feel the orange goof is the savior. Not you. Them.

If they don't wake up soon and see things as they really will be, they will be in for another rude awakening when Trump gets destroyed by historic numbers.

Old 12-08-2022, 05:10 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times
Quote:
I'm just trying to open the eyes of the few remaining people who feel the orange goof is the savior. Not you. Them.

If they don't wake up soon and see things as they really will be, they will be in for another rude awakening when Trump gets destroyed by historic numbers.
You are trying to turn the lights back on in a really rough neighborhood. Good luck. I guess now I know why you talk to people as if they are complete morons. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies