Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 03:17 AM

10,354 posts, read 3,947,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
Because white christian nationalists are trying to shove their religious extremism down our throats!
Funny, the biggest opponents to gay marriage have been the black Christian churches.

Wonder how a Muslim mosque would respond if asked to marry two men or two women?

Old 12-09-2022, 03:30 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,082,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Humans are built to perceive the things in their environment as normal or not so.

Without an innate sense of normalcy and the ability to learn from experience what is or is not normal, we would spend countless hours examining all the "unique" objects that come within our view.

We would never get past our fingers and toes.

Tuning out the predictable things, life's normal experiences, makes new discoveries (learning) possible.

So, yes, there is always that which is normal, to include normal sex, and this normal sex is the reason any of us are here.

For most of human existence, what normal sex was never became a question.

Everyone knew what it was...boring, sure, but we cannot divorce ourselves from it or demote it to just another base indulgency without compromising the value of evolved husbands and fathers, evolved wives and mothers and the families their normal unions create.

In 1984, O'Brien tells Smith that two plus two equals three, or five, or anything else the party says.

Smith cannot agree to this and is tortured for refusing to believe what he knows cannot be true.

The lesson is that thought manipulation (social engineering) is only achieved when a lie becomes truth and dissenting voices are silenced.
Spot on. This is why what they are teaching to school children is so reprehensible and must be stopped. The slippery slope will continue until we put a stop to it. Homosexual marriage/sexual behavior being seen as equal to heterosexual marriage and sex is only the tip of the iceberg with what’s being foisted on society as “normal.” Most of us inherently know it is wrong or it makes us uncomfortable to think of two men or women “having sex” and we also know any “true” gayness is limited to a tiny portion of the population. The fact that it’s being pushed so hard in all areas of life by govt and media tells me there is some ulterior motive behind it. Same for the abortion issue. It all adds to the destruction of the family unit and life as we know it.

Again, this doesn’t mean gay people are bad or evil. Always have to put that disclaimer now for the libs on C-D.

Old 12-09-2022, 04:48 AM

29,963 posts, read 18,789,875 times
The Democrats passed a law that has zero effect, brilliant.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:10 AM

3,060 posts, read 1,518,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The notion that either marriage needed protection is liberal paranoia.

And if the left thinks they can legislate Christianity out of America, they need to re-check who the biggest Christians are: Black and Hispanics
No, and if the religious right didnt think they have the right to tell people how to live their lives we wouldnt need Congressional action on these societal issues. Maybe some day Congress will find the guts to protect the right to abortion for all.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:12 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,655,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Actually, it affects all of us when the very concept of normalcy is attacked in such an Orwellian way.

It's none of my business or concern if two homosexuals find some sort of equivalency between man-on-man butt sex and normal sex between a man and a woman or if they believe their unnatural sexual union has a purpose beyond their own self-indulgence.

But when the power of the state is harnessed to change the meaning of words such that thought is confronted and curtailed, we have a problem.
Absolutely superbly put. Excellent.

I wouldn't change a thing outside of replacing self-indulgence with psychosis.

What the misfits don't realize is that their attacks on our social fabric is a suicide mission. No culture can survive this surrender of all control to dysfunction for more than a generation. As the retreat of normal, productive, and socially intelligent people continues, no doubt can remain that we are the weakest, most pathetic rendition of our species to have ever inhabited the earth.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:15 AM

7,224 posts, read 3,415,665 times
i have no problem with marriage equality. i do have a problem with other issues that are completely ignored such as the border and domestic energy. the focus is on the feel good social issues. go ahead, get married to your partner, but will you be happy when you and your prtner can’t afford food?

Old 12-09-2022, 05:27 AM

27,348 posts, read 28,421,013 times
I will never understand why anybody would want to "marry" a person of the same sex, even if they're homosexual. It is downright bizarre and other-dimensional to me. It's like changing your race or your species.

But hey, if that's what somebody wants, then have at it. I am not against it politically.

Old 12-09-2022, 06:19 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,748,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Democrats were worried that the supreme court might reverse these. So this makes it so they can't.
Also a Democrat middle finger to Christians.
Why is it a middle finger get to anyone? How are Christians specifically negatively effected by same-sex marriage or interracial marriage? If anyone, Christian or otherwise, finds these offensive they won’t be forced to participate. They are free to marry whom they wish, worship as they wish and go about their lives with zero impact.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 12-09-2022 at 06:57 AM..

Old 12-09-2022, 06:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,871,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i have no problem with marriage equality. i do have a problem with other issues that are completely ignored such as the border and domestic energy. the focus is on the feel good social issues. go ahead, get married to your partner, but will you be happy when you and your prtner can’t afford food?

Sure there are; more critical issues but the parties won't compromise on those issues so nothing happens.

So are you suggesting if that our politicians can't come to an agreement on a major issue -- they shouldn't even try to get through stuff that will go through.

This notion that we either should solve ALL of our problems or none of them is an odd one.

Old 12-09-2022, 06:29 AM

8,236 posts, read 8,571,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The notion that either marriage needed protection is liberal paranoia.

And if the left thinks they can legislate Christianity out of America, they need to re-check who the biggest Christians are: Black and Hispanics
While the number of "nones" go up every year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies