Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 03:53 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Let's actually see what happens. Right?

Sinema is in self-preservation mode. I don't blame her. She'll do whatever make the most sense for her career. Ditto for Manchin (we all know he's done, unless he switches).

What is there to see? There will be no change to the balance of power

Sinema's switch Imho is similar to Arlen Specter's switch (though he went GOP to Dem) as it is likely heavily influenced by a potential Primary challenge

Regarding Manchin, he has said no to switching more times than any of us can count, I think he would be much more likely to retire than switch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 04:10 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Geez, I wish a lot more would follow her, and form an Independent Party.
Yep. That would guarantee Republicans would never have a majority, while Democrats could count on Sinema when they really needed her vote.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:01 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
While everyone is trying to discern what devious political motivation she has, maybe consider that she is doing what she says she is doing. She is sick of the partisan gotcha politics, figures it is not solving what needs to be solved, and she is going to try to work as a compromise broker over the next two years. If so, I wish her success.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:11 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Don't blame her. I did too.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:12 PM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
While everyone is trying to discern what devious political motivation she has, maybe consider that she is doing what she says she is doing. She is sick of the partisan gotcha politics, figures it is not solving what needs to be solved, and she is going to try to work as a compromise broker over the next two years. If so, I wish her success.
She’s sick of the extremist Democrat Party and she’s right to be.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:17 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
She’s sick of the extremist Democrat Party and she’s right to be.
And so she shows it by doing nothing that particularly matters?

Got it.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:41 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
So another Romney. Great. I guess at least she's not claiming to be republican.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:45 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
Just keep in mind this does not mean she will kneel before trump. It only means the bats********* of the DNC has gone beyond her BS limit meter. Just like I warned when Tulsi jumped - she aint a conservative nor republican (ditto musk)
No, Sinema is pretty liberal. She's just not nuts.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:49 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Geez, I wish a lot more would follow her, and form an Independent Party.
Yes, we definitely need a viable third party, especially one where there is no particular agenda except being loyal to one's country, favoring individual liberty, and free of partisan politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
As an Arizona voter, my y issue with Sinema is that she is a sneak. It isn't like she was a scorpion that you knew could sting you in the back while being her across a small body of water or a snake you could pick up and then bite you. She claimed to be for cutting costs down but then had to be dragged itching and screaming to actually do things. For this reason, I fully regret voting for her and actually wish I could go back and voted Martha McSally in 2018 for Senate. I will not be fooled again in 2024 and will voter the b-word out for a REAL Democrat and not a phony sneak like her.
I'm the complete opposite. I voted for McSally in 2018, and later wished I could have gone back and voted for Sinema, especially knowing how she stood up to her own party & rejected most of the big spending bills. I'm proud of her for taking the stances that she has, and I'm even more impressed that she finally broke away from the Dems. She's something like a John McCain, and he should have also become an independent during his later terms. Neither Sinema nor McCain were in lockstep with their parties, and you'd be surprised how many voters admire that ... myself included.

Old 12-09-2022, 06:02 PM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
The Democrats are still melting down over this on social media. So soon after they "won" too. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies