Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 05:37 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The win in inflation and recession. Heads you win. Tails you win.

The caveat is that companies with large short term debt will get creamed in an new liquidity crisis. Zombie companies will get killed either way. They are basically fueled by free money. Companies with poor cash flow and no profit can't survive high borrowing costs.
so look at companies with a relatively high debt load, take their interest expense and multiply it by 5, and see what it does to their EBITDA-interest. Start with all the i-Buyers that are publicly-traded and the overvalued real estate companies, but I'm sure there are others as well. I am not an investment adviser, this is not investment advice but: Zillow, OpenDoor, Redfin, Knock, Acorn, Compass, eXp, etc etc etc.

What is the initial buffer for the economy at-large is the # of unfilled jobs.

It would be interesting to have a completely non-partisan economic model/assumption done to see how quickly they can take all the excess cash out without becoming an unemployment % > 6

oh, by the way - when does Biden's Climate & Energy law "minimum corporate tax" go into effect? for calendar '22 or not until next year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 05:42 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Right. The Covid lockdowns cost the US about about $10 trillion, or $30,000 per person.
ummm...where? links?

The GDP hit wound up being <$400B, the spending was ~$2T + ~600B + ~$2T. That's about $5T, which don't get me wrong - nothing to sneeze and say "oh well"

Old 12-09-2022, 05:42 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Blackrock is part of the problem.

But they are not wrong here.

Old 12-09-2022, 06:14 PM

2,136 posts, read 1,205,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Of course the mention of God triggers you.
Ha! Now that is rich. It is tantamount to flashing light headgear screaming moron coming. Take notice

Old 12-09-2022, 06:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
I don't trust Blackrock AT ALL, and think they are a force for destruction.

Don't know exactly what their motives are for trying to scare us all to death with this ridiculous prophecy, but I wish they'd just fall off a cliff.

They are making it nearly impossible for young couples to participate in the American dream in Dallas, and other cities, by buying up all the properties for rent houses.

Pound sand, Blackrock.

Old 12-09-2022, 07:26 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Blackrock has an agenda, so why would anyone listen to them?
Very true. The treasurer of NC is calling on Fink to resign, or he will pull the pension funds they have with them. Florida is doing the same thing.

You literally cannot trust Blackrock to maintain any type of fiduciary independence, not when there is an ESG agenda to drive.

Old 12-09-2022, 07:43 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
I've got options on SH, Marathon Oil and Uranium Energy.

I've got nothing invested in company retirement choices.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:15 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't trust Blackrock AT ALL, and think they are a force for destruction.

Don't know exactly what their motives are for trying to scare us all to death with this ridiculous prophecy, but I wish they'd just fall off a cliff.

They are making it nearly impossible for young couples to participate in the American dream in Dallas, and other cities, by buying up all the properties for rent houses.

Pound sand, Blackrock.
Hey! We agree again, especially on the "Pound sand, Blackrock" part.

They have also invested in the destruction of trees, and have joined other false "teachers" who tell everyone that we need to switch to "bio-fuel", which is: destroying trees by the boatloads.

They are liars, greedy, and evil.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Given Zero Hedge is not known for their skills in analzying the economic analysis...here's another link that might give more insight.

https://fortune.com/2022/12/09/how-b...ment-playbook/

Year-over-year inflation, as measured by the consumer price index (CPI), likely peaked in June at 9.1%. And some CEOs and money managers argue that it’s set to come down fast.

Does anybody want to know the definition of foretold?

It means predicted -- it does not mean 'like no other'.

When they talked about a market like no other -- they were referring to the stock market.

Reading comprehension is important.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:45 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
It's coming. I don't know how bad it will be but I know that it's coming.

Blackrock predicts it will be bad.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%...-wont-work-now

Snip
"Recession is foretold as central banks race to try to tame inflation. It's the opposite of past recessions," the team wrote In their 2023 Global Outlook (embedded below), which says that the global economy has already exited a four-decade period of stable growth and inflation, and has now entered a period of heightened instability.

And when things get bad, "Central bankers won't ride to the rescue when growth slows in this new regime, contrary to what investors have come to expect. Equity valuations don't yet reflect the damage ahead."

"What worked in the past won't work now," said the strategists. "The old playbook of simply 'buying the dip' doesn't apply in this regime of sharper trade-offs and greater macro volatility. We don't see a return to conditions that will sustain a joint bull market in stocks and bonds of the kind we experienced in the prior decade."

So what can actually tame inflation? A deep recession, according to the report
"
Nice of them to tell us what they're planning to do. Blackrock, #1 in the ethics department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies