Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 08:52 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times

Advertisements

I pray it happens.

Now would be a great time for me to lose my job and the price of housing to go down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 09:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
What kills me is even after you point out how the title of the thread, the comments in the first post are mistaken, misinformed, misleading........

and you give links to more credible info.

people still act like the premise of the thread has integrity.

All they sais is a recssion is foretold.

Truth be told....are you sitting down sheeple.......they have been predicting a recession since 2017.

I do think the post COVID inflationary times -- we will see a recession...'like no other' -- who says.

Not Blackrock - they say the MARKET for investors will be like no other.

Truth be told...our economy in the last two years has been like no other.

Old 12-09-2022, 09:10 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't trust Blackrock AT ALL, and think they are a force for destruction.

Don't know exactly what their motives are for trying to scare us all to death with this ridiculous prophecy, but I wish they'd just fall off a cliff.

They are making it nearly impossible for young couples to participate in the American dream in Dallas, and other cities, by buying up all the properties for rent houses.

Pound sand, Blackrock.
They are trying to influence markets so they can make money on the commotion. I'd like to see how many stocks, bonds, currencies, etc they have shorted in the last few days.

Old 12-09-2022, 10:10 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
It's coming. I don't know how bad it will be but I know that it's coming.

Blackrock predicts it will be bad.
Blackrock has a lot of pull, but I wouldn't trust any one source. Sure, everyone is laying off white collar staff at tech firms and financial services, but the consumer economy is chugging along pretty nice considering the retail price hikes.

As long as there are enough lower-to-middle income jobs to keep people buying new TVs, fast food, Iphones, nicotine, etc., I'm thinking we can bounce back from a wave of Wall Street / Silicon Valley layoffs.

If that starts to change drastically? Watch out below.

Old 12-10-2022, 09:26 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
It's coming. I don't know how bad it will be but I know that it's coming.

Blackrock predicts it will be bad.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%...-wont-work-now

Snip
"Recession is foretold as central banks race to try to tame inflation. It's the opposite of past recessions," the team wrote In their 2023 Global Outlook (embedded below), which says that the global economy has already exited a four-decade period of stable growth and inflation, and has now entered a period of heightened instability.

And when things get bad, "Central bankers won't ride to the rescue when growth slows in this new regime, contrary to what investors have come to expect. Equity valuations don't yet reflect the damage ahead."

"What worked in the past won't work now," said the strategists. "The old playbook of simply 'buying the dip' doesn't apply in this regime of sharper trade-offs and greater macro volatility. We don't see a return to conditions that will sustain a joint bull market in stocks and bonds of the kind we experienced in the prior decade."

So what can actually tame inflation? A deep recession, according to the report
"
Predictions are tough.

All current information would point to a deep recession. However, economies and markets have a habit of making fools of those who try to predict their trends.

Old 12-10-2022, 09:52 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Prove it. I'm with you in concept, but prove that we are past the peak in the sense that you're talking about.

Also, again, our rulers are deliberately suppressing the use of natural gas and coal with the intent to wreck the economy and impoverish the public, which just makes things worse, faster.
Sometimes I think wrecking the economy and throwing people into a panic, is the goal of the Democrats. So many people in government would love to have desperate Americans beg them to take the reins of power and save them from their desperate plight. "We're from the government and we're here to help." Oh, and they are also the very people who created the desperate situations needing "help" that the people find themselves in.

Old 12-10-2022, 10:09 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sometimes I think wrecking the economy and throwing people into a panic, is the goal of the Democrats. So many people in government would love to have desperate Americans beg them to take the reins of power and save them from their desperate plight. "We're from the government and we're here to help." Oh, and they are also the very people who created the desperate situations needing "help" that the people find themselves in.
A bad economy is not the easiest path towards winning elections.

Old 12-10-2022, 10:13 AM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't trust Blackrock AT ALL, and think they are a force for destruction.

Don't know exactly what their motives are for trying to scare us all to death with this ridiculous prophecy, but I wish they'd just fall off a cliff.

They are making it nearly impossible for young couples to participate in the American dream in Dallas, and other cities, by buying up all the properties for rent houses.

Pound sand, Blackrock.
Finally something we agree on as well!

Old 12-10-2022, 10:15 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
We have to unwind 21 years of low interest rate policy. This is a highly enlightening chart of the Federal Funds Rate going back to the 50's and you can see the double whammy of interest rates coming down as the tech bubble burst in March, 2000 and then 9/11. They tried to normalize rates again and then the great recession happened and put rates to historic lows. They tried again to bring rates up off the floor and then Covid happened. The rate needs to be around 5-6% and get people acclimated to it and take some long needed medicine. Will that happen? Probably not.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2015/fed...storical-chart

Old 12-10-2022, 10:23 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
A bad economy is not the easiest path towards winning elections.
Maybe so, maybe not. A crisis always offers and opportunity for the megalomaniacs to get things done they would not otherwise be able to do. When people are frightened, worried, insecure, and grasping at straws to save them from drowning, they might vote for people or policies they would never agree to if they did not feel like there was a crisis.

We see politicians using fear to goad people into voting for them, or to get their support of some new legislation that will control the population. This is why every two years, we see despicable politicians scaring the elderly by claiming their opponent is going to "take away your social security," or your or welfare, or school lunches so school children will go hungry. The self-serving politicians always go after the already fragile sectors of our population, to frighten people into voting for them and their policies, out of fear and desperation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies