Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 08:20 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,399,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
seems in Russia you can still call it like it is......

https://twitter.com/breeadail/status...lzippers.us%2F
Sure the Russian free press, telling it like it is. Lol

Any updates on the war or casualties.

Maybe Victor can work on getting more drones from Iran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 08:37 PM

16,196 posts, read 10,873,014 times
Russia media roasts Biden for freeing a “a black lesbian hooked on drugs”....instead of a hero decorated

Let me think if that matters at all...nope. Only carries weight with right-wingers.
Right-wingers can embrace racist bigotry no matter where it comes from. True colors.

If Russians consider Whelan a Marine hero they should release him...or draft him. He has citizenship in four countries, one more won't matter.

Maybe Ireland can get him out.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:48 PM

43,541 posts, read 18,611,457 times
We traded an international arms dealer for a gay hash smoking basketball player

And some here think we got the better deal ?

Old 12-10-2022, 03:35 AM

4,804 posts, read 2,822,457 times
Default The basics

Griner is one of ours. We don't leave people behind.

Old 12-10-2022, 03:38 AM

29,932 posts, read 25,051,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Griner is one of ours. We don't leave people behind.
Tell that to this guy...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/who...-bout-exchange

Apparently, people who trash America are more important to the Biden regime than people who actually fought for America and are on our side.

Old 12-10-2022, 03:47 AM

4,804 posts, read 2,822,457 times
Default All lives matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Tell that to this guy...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/who...-bout-exchange

Apparently, people who trash America are more important to the Biden regime than people who actually fought for America and are on our side.
Sure, we should get Whelan out too. In terms of patriotism, he likely does have a higher claim on our citizens & nation. But Griner wasn't outside our sphere of concern either.

Old 12-10-2022, 03:50 AM

7,533 posts, read 3,655,635 times
it’s sad that America , a once great and powerful nation is in such decline that we can’t even get our own people back from backwards nations. i guess the moral of the story is don’t travel abroad because the united states is run by feeble betas.

Old 12-10-2022, 04:22 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,134,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Was very disappointed to read the Wiki article about Paul Whelan. Bad conduct discharge from the Marines for larceny and making false statements, lying/exaggerating about his jobs in law enforcement, and lying about having a BA in criminal justice and an MBA when in fact he only attended college 2 years and earned NO degree.

I really wanted to think he was an honorable Marine vet and the good guy here, but now I honestly don't see how he is any better than the creature who was set free by Russia. Both are oxygen thieves, as we used to say in the Army.
I agree with this, but I also think we should be trying to get any of our people out if possible. But honestly, not sure any of them are worth releasing the guy we did. I don’t like to judge human worth like that, it’s uncomfortable, but the psycho we allowed to go back to them, this probably will not fare well for anyone.

Old 12-10-2022, 04:32 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,134,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Russia media roasts Biden for freeing a “a black lesbian hooked on drugs”....instead of a hero decorated

Let me think if that matters at all...nope. Only carries weight with right-wingers.
Right-wingers can embrace racist bigotry no matter where it comes from. True colors.

If Russians consider Whelan a Marine hero they should release him...or draft him. He has citizenship in four countries, one more won't matter.

Maybe Ireland can get him out.
To your first point - it’s a character issue and acknowledging the wokeness that drives decisions, major and minor, these days. And if you watch the linked video, it’s Russians saying it as well, not just American right-wingers.

To your last point, I don’t get the multiple citizenship but yeah, these others could also be trying to fix this for him.

Old 12-10-2022, 04:50 AM

27,286 posts, read 15,436,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wecky View Post
What’s funny is that as much as people are upset at the US for giving him up.
There’s no weapons dealer more dangerous than the U.S.

This guy just sold old Soviet weapons.

And the CIA most definitely had some use for him. He was in jail for for undercutting the CIA’s market.

He’s scum but so is Raytheon and Boeing. All merchants of death.

Don’t get it twisted as pro Russian. I hope Putin eats sh*, and the Ukrainians win. But no doubt that the US is also pimping the conflict for it’s weapons contractors.

Whataboutism
noun
what·​about·​ism ˌ(h)wä-tə-ˈbau̇-ˌti-zəm ˌ(h)wə-

: the act or practice of responding to an accusation of wrongdoing by claiming that an offense committed by another is similar or worse.

The exchange is indicative of a rhetorical strategy known as whataboutism, which occurs when officials implicated in wrongdoing whip out a counter-example of a similar abuse from the accusing country, with the goal of undermining the legitimacy of the criticism itself.
Olga Khazan

They accomplish it by muddying the waters and distracting from international criticisms with whataboutisms such as telling the world that there's nothing exceptional about America.
Alex Zeldin

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whataboutism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies