Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 04:30 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Fauci is a self-promoting
I'm not a Fauci basher. But that man LOVED to hear himself talk. If he were on the TV and radio 1/5th of the time, everyone would have heard him more than they needed to. Fauci saturated himself in the media and that was a big mistake. It attracts negativity. You know, like Elon is doing right now. Like Fauci, rest assured people get sick and tired of media hounds and Mr. Musk will be learning that lesson. Elon needs to dial it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back.

Old 12-14-2022, 05:52 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Yet another thread to discredit the distinguished Dr. Fauci who is the most decorated and credible immunologist and epidemiologist of the 21st Century.

This type of dishonesty is shameful. It was disgraceful for Trump to turn public health into a partisan issue in the first place, and it remains utterly reprehensible that the anti-science & anti-government MAGA types ignorantly continue to beat this drum--- now enabled by Elon Musk--- especially since it was they who jeopardized our nation's health, economic and national security during the height of the pandemic.

Seems to me we are witnessing another ugly, harmful and concerted campaign against Dr. Fauci who has been our nation's top infectious disease expert and an esteemed adviser to 7 presidents. This latest anti-science GOP disparagement operation targeting our nation's retiring NIAID chief is dirty, disgusting and dangerous disinformation.

Dr Fauci, who has worked tirelessly to protect, update and educate our nation on contagious diseases, especially COVID-19, has dared to commit the one mortal sin for which there can never be any MAGA forgiveness: he stood in the face of their bloviating, belligerent, know-nothing, psychopathic demagogic & deceitful savior and spoke truth that could and actually did save lives. Millions of them.

And MAGA World hates him for that.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." 1980 Isaac Asimov

“The dumbing down of America is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance.” 1996 Carl Sagan
Do you author propaganda for the Democrats?

I'm not joking. I have no idea what you do for money or fun. Do you? Reply by DM if you prefer.

Old 12-14-2022, 07:11 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The virus could have easily escaped with no malicious attempt on their part. Read about what the scientists who worked in that facility had to say about their experience. The conditions sounded ripe for this sort of thing to happen. Researchers getting peed on by infectious bats, what could go wrong???

And who was the genius that decided to conduct this type of research in a highly populated city? This type of research should done in the middle of the desert, far removed from civilization. I didn't realize "the science" could be this moronic. There must be some grade A dunces in charge of this gain of function garbage. Probably people really good at manipulating and convincing people they have everything under control, but that's where their special talents end. This is another area of science that Elon Musk would be better suited to handle, because he has demonstrated that he is not evil, and he is not stupid.
There was a national geographic issue on viruses etc. about 20-30 years ago that had an entire section on the risk of releases from bio-facilities, especially in countries that aren't following strict protocols etc.

There have been issues within the US either accidental or not over the years.

Personally this is what I lean towards having occurred, accidentally got out.

Old 12-14-2022, 09:55 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I couldn't stand the creep from the very beginning I knew he was a charlatan.
You're more perceptive than I.

I will confess that I thought Tesla and SpaceX were good initiatives that brought some much-needed competition to areas where the entrenched players had been allowed to get way too comfortable, for way too long. The little foibles with Boring Company and whatnot seemed more eccentric than anything. It's not until this latest Twitter debacle the scales have fully fallen from my eyes.

Old 12-14-2022, 10:21 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
Trump's vaccine.
When there was hopes of it being an effective tool against covid it was because of how well Biden distributed it (by force). Now that it is known to be a dud, it's back to being called Trumps vaccine.

Surprise Surprise.

Old 12-14-2022, 12:54 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
He created SpaceX ...

yes he did, and i will give them credit as a successful sub-contractor to NASA but.....

Quote:
He has greatly reduced the cost of sending payloads into space using reusable rockets. BRILLIANT.

that's false. even taking SPACE-X's own numbers at face value the savings on reusing the rockets are 10% at best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TxkE_oYrjU

Quote:
He is working on and making great progress to allow Earthlings to colonize other planets.

poe's law. i honestly can't tell if you're being sincere or trolling me for sh*ts-n-giggles. take a look at what Musk contractually guaranteed for the Las Vegas Loop and what he actually delivered. do you honestly believe he could deliver something as incredibly more complex as Mars colonization when he couldn't deliver the Loop? it also begs the question, if he has the ability to build self-contained Eco-systems for harsh environments why not build them here on earth where it would be infinitely easier/safer/cheaper?

Quote:
He gave up billions of his own wealth in order to buy Twitter ...

yea, he did...... bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Quote:
In short, Elon Musk has, is and will have a bigger positive impact on civilization than any human to date.

i'm expecting his contribution to be on par with Elizabeth Holmes, Billy McFarland and Sam Bankman Fried.

Quote:
What have you done in your life that compares to what Elon has done wrecking ball?

i've been honest about my accomplishments and my abilities. that's one thing i have up on Elon.

Old 12-14-2022, 12:57 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're more perceptive than I.

I will confess that I thought Tesla and SpaceX were good initiatives that brought some much-needed competition to areas where the entrenched players had been allowed to get way too comfortable,.

agreed. to me it's obvious that Musk lacks the intelligence and emotional maturity to lead these projects.

Old 12-14-2022, 01:02 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
But is Musk just controlled opposition. The is smoke with the origins of Covid and the dangers of the vaxx and where there's smoke there is fire. Its slowly being admitted to and the truth is slowly being let slip out. But is Musk just trying to direct the outrage and to keep it from exploding? Instead of there being an enmasse outrage, it could be divided with the left against the Covid skeptics.
No question Fauci belongs n jail, sharing a cell with Bill Gates and Joe Biden and a couple of guys named Bubba and Tyree.

Old 12-15-2022, 12:15 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I couldn't stand the creep from the very beginning I knew he was a charlatan.
To me he seemed to be just a bit eccentric, and I didn't know a lot about him other than Tesla & SpaceX & didn't give him much thought, but since purchasing Twitter, Elon Musk seems to have deliberately transformed himself into the world’s richest right-wing troll or he has become unhinged.

Musk is like Dr. Oz who tossed away a career as a once respected professional to become a pitchman for the delusional on the extreme right. Oz is now a joke, and Musk is rapidly killing Twitter while dragging down Tesla, and his own reputation at the same time.

Musk's irresponsible attention seeking on his new Twitter Toy is going to get someone killed, not that he cares. That to me is what is most disturbing and disgusting about the disinformation, personal attacks and conspiracy theories he now instigates and / or promotes.

Old 12-15-2022, 02:27 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There was a national geographic issue on viruses etc. about 20-30 years ago that had an entire section on the risk of releases from bio-facilities, especially in countries that aren't following strict protocols etc.

There have been issues within the US either accidental or not over the years.

Personally this is what I lean towards having occurred, accidentally got out.

I've heard about some of the accidents in the USA, but they were at least smart enough to build these facilities far away from densely populated cities. If I'm not mistaken, the ones where they were dealing with the potentially dangerous stuff was done out in the desert. Heat and sunlight limits the spread of many viruses and even kills some of them. They roasted Trump when he suggested light can kill COVID. But obviously, people in that field agree with the premise, because UV light is used to disinfect things like lab tools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies