Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 10:28 AM

6,165 posts, read 2,928,228 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2022/12/16/biden-...doesnt-add-up/

If the president can let us know how to communicate with the dead, us genealogists would be grateful for him to share with us how he did it!

From the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The New York Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by President Biden, from The White House transcript
You know, I — my dad, when I got elected Vice President, he said, “Joey, Uncle Frank fought in the Battle of the Bulge.” He was not feeling very well now — not because of the Battle of the Bulge. But he said, “And he won the Purple Heart. And he never received it. He never — he never got it. Do you think you could help him get it? We’ll surprise him.”

So we got him the Purple Heart. He had won it in the Battle of the Bulge. And I remember he came over to the house, and I came out, and he said, “Present it to him, okay?” We had the family there.

I said, “Uncle Frank, you won this. And I want to…” He said, “I don’t want the damn thing.” (Laughter.) No, I’m serious. He said, “I don’t want it.” I said, “What’s the matter, Uncle Frank? You earned it.” He said, “Yeah, but the others died. The others died. I lived. I don’t want it.”
Biden told the story apparently to make a point about the humility of veterans, but the known facts indicate it’s not true.

Biden’s father, Joseph R. Biden Sr., died in September 2002 — more than six years before his son was elected vice president. Frank Biden, Joe Sr.’s brother, died in 1999.

Frank Biden’s tombstone does not identify him as a Purple Heart honoree, nor does his obituary. A partial registry of known Purple Heart recipients also doesn’t note anyone by that name receiving the award, though that database is not comprehensive.

The Post’s librarians could not locate prior references to Frank Biden receiving the Purple Heart, which recognizes wounded and killed soldiers, in the Nexis archive and the Factba.se repository of Joe Biden’s public statements also doesn’t contain prior references.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2022, 10:45 AM

618 posts, read 345,290 times
Babbling Biden's ramblings surprise no one.....with a brain. Only president to be rescued by an Easter Bunny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBkYcsbHjfs

Old 12-19-2022, 10:48 AM

8,813 posts, read 5,124,508 times
Sad...No one seems to even care anymore.

Old 12-19-2022, 10:53 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,131,280 times
How long has this been going on? I’m too young to remember his lengthy history in the Senate. Is it possible he’s a habitual/compulsive liar? I don’t doubt there’s some dementia in play at this point but making up a whole story is beyond dementia, isn’t it?

Old 12-19-2022, 10:58 AM

78,752 posts, read 60,951,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
How long has this been going on? I’m too young to remember his lengthy history in the Senate. Is it possible he’s a habitual/compulsive liar? I don’t doubt there’s some dementia in play at this point but making up a whole story is beyond dementia, isn’t it?
Biden's told tall tales for a very very long time (sadly like so many politicians) so it's hard to discern how much of this is existing and how much is just his mental decline.

Old 12-19-2022, 11:14 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,886,288 times
Quote:
Biden has likely been lying -- compulsively or otherwise -- since he was a drunk little Irish kid back in Scranton, PA.

There are so many lies that it is impossible to even rank them, but certainly his legendary lie about his late wife's accident -- in which SHE was at fault, not the truck driver he claims was -- pretty much takes the cake. There was the time he rode the Amtrak train in 1910, his uncle's Purple Heart, his sex/drug addicted son being the 'smartest person he ever met', and the list just goes on and on.

Clearly some dementia at play, as he now has the classic "dementia anger" to go with the constant lying. Hell, he even lied about who Jill's father is (if she even knows).

It's tough to pick on the elderly, as they honestly should not be mocked for their lack of abilities......unless they hold elected office. Then all bets are off, and they should be called out for EVERY lie they tell.

Old 12-19-2022, 11:15 AM

29,883 posts, read 25,019,885 times
He probably just bought one at a pawn shop or something and gave it to him, if there is any truth to this story at all. Which is unlikely.

Quote:

Since forever. He lied 35 years ago and said he graduated at the top of his class, with honors, on a full ride scholarship. He actually graduated near the bottom of his class. That lie, along with others, humiliated him and cost him his presidential run at the time. Of course, the media had much more integrity back then and actually reported on the blatant lies he told. He also plagiarized political speeches, almost word for word actually.

With Biden, whatever he says, assume the opposite is true. It's been that way for decades with him. Vote smarter America. Otherwise, you're going to be led around by stupid, and stupid hurts.

Old 12-19-2022, 11:53 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,171,076 times
Dementia at its finest.

Old 12-19-2022, 12:00 PM

18,610 posts, read 8,404,852 times
Quote:
since day 1....

Biden lied about his grades in school....said he graduated top in his class when he barely passed
plagiarized a law review journal tried to claim it was his own work
lied about playing football.....on and on and on

Biden ran for president in 1987 and told a lie so big....he had to drop out

Old 12-19-2022, 12:01 PM

17,474 posts, read 15,624,806 times
Imagine having to sit alone in a room with him and Lebron James as they tell stories from their past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies