Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these flags would, or do, you currently display in your front yard?
The Conederate Flag 0 0%
The Rainbow Flag 0 0%
The Black Lives Matter Flag 0 0%
The Blue Line Flag 0 0%
The Trump 2024 Flag 0 0%
The Come and Take it Flag 0 0%
The QAnon Flag 0 0%
The Nazi Flag 0 0%
The American Flag 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 01:59 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I will fly the confederate flag next to the pride flag. Let them think about that. On one side I am ramming my sexuality right down their throat. On the other hand I have a rebel flag so I must be a good ole boy.
I've seen a Confederate Pride flag once. That was a head-turner for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2023, 02:21 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
I know a person originally from China who is constantly impressed by the number of ordinary people flying the American flag on their own homes simply because they want to, they pay for it themselves and put it up. No one tells these people to fly the flag, they do it because they really and truly want to honor their country. She has even taken pictures of that to show her friends and family back home.

She also flies the flag now, because she wants to.

That makes me feel proud.

Old 01-17-2023, 02:26 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandevistan View Post
What about the Burger King flag? Or McDonalds?
Sorry, but we refuse to eat at either places.

Old 01-17-2023, 02:39 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I've seen a Confederate Pride flag once. That was a head-turner for sure
Funnny.

Old 01-17-2023, 03:23 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
American flag with the historic Gadsden flag below it.

Old 01-17-2023, 03:32 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
American flag with the historic Gadsden flag below it.
Very apt. Flying your flag over someone else's is a symbol of the lower flag being subjugated.

Old 01-17-2023, 04:23 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
No flags. I do have a US flag, a Gadsden flag, a Moultrie flag, and a Norwegian flag tucked away in a storage tote somewhere, but flying flags lost its appeal for me (besides the US flag) when too many people started flying sexual orientation flags and terrorist organization flags (BLM)--at that point it just became very nauseating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I will fly the confederate flag next to the pride flag. Let them think about that. On one side I am ramming my sexuality right down their throat. On the other hand I have a rebel flag so I must be a good ole boy.
That would fry what few brain cells reside within their cranium. Then they could all start identifying as jellyfish.

Old 01-17-2023, 05:05 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
Where I live it is uber conservative and my neighbors have no issue in displaying flags that show their political and social affiliation.

Which of these flags would you or do you currently display in your front yard?
  • The Trump 2024 Flag

But it would be electrified and a camera (or three) would be connected. Hey, gotta have fun when and where you can.

I wouldn't do the Nazi flag as there's people who would probably do some drive bys......however, that's an interesting way to legally commit murder. The old "Attractive Nusiance" doctrine.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:28 PM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
Where I live it is uber conservative and my neighbors have no issue in displaying flags that show their political and social affiliation.

Which of these flags would you or do you currently display in your front yard?
  • The Confederate Flag
  • The Rainbow Flag
  • The Black Lives Matter Flag
  • The Blue Line Flag
  • The Trump 2024 Flag
  • The Come and Take It Flag
  • The QAnon Flag
  • The Nazi Flag

I've personally got an American flag and a Gadsden flag on my garage wall. In my neighborhood there are quite a few American flags displayed, a couple Blue Line flags, and one BLM flag that caused quite a bit of controversy before the POA strongly encouraged them to move it to an attic window rather than out on their fence.

You will see the occasional Confederate flag around here, including one house on a busy road that actually has every Confederate flag with a plaque explaining their history. And of course they fly it at the local Confederate cemetery which is totally appropriate in my opinion.

Never seen a Nazi flag outside of a museum.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:52 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
I don't fly any of the flags listed by the OP, and the only one I would even consider would be the Blue Line. I have a small American flag on my mailbox post. All my other flags are desktop sized: an American flag and a South Korean flag in my front window; a trio of American, Christian, and South Korean flags on my fireplace mantle; and an American and Maryland flag on my desk at work. I'd kind of like to have a little Japanese "rising sun" battle flag, because of my historical interest in the Imperial Japanese Navy; but it would probably be misunderstood, so I don't have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies