Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 02:12 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times

Advertisements

The five officers are now arrested and have been charged with murder.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Memphis officials are definitive in their judgement this particular incident was absolutely immoral, appalling, disgusting, etc.

Video will be released after 6 pm tomorrow.
They are adamant that the public will be upset by the video and that the charges are warranted. There is no grey in anything they are releasing.

It must be damning.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:37 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I didn't see anything posted here on this, but found it interesting that now the officers have been fired for excessive force police are not your friend

Will he be George Floyd 2.0? (probably not....)

https://wreg.com/news/investigations...-what-we-know/

Source:

https://www.wknofm.org/2023-01-20/mp...g-tyre-nichols
We went to Memphis recently with family and I really do not like the city itself. None of us went anywhere without someone else. I knew when I heard on the news that the TBI and Civil Rights investigation was going on that there could be some officers released from their jobs.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:38 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Memphis officials are definitive in their judgement this particular incident was absolutely immoral, appalling, disgusting, etc.

Video will be released after 6 pm tomorrow.
They are adamant that the public will be upset by the video and that the charges are warranted. There is no grey in anything they are releasing.

It must be damning.

It must be damning is right.

Caught part of the police chief's comments earlier while in the car and he seemed pretty somber. Worst things he's seen in 30 years of service he said.

I can't imagine why these guys would do this awful thing knowing that they have body cams on, aside from the obvious heinousness of beating a man like that.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:40 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
That is true. Good observation.

Meanwhile... **** Foul language warning ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
Yeah, I've posted this vid a few times.

I'm really shocked at how people act when confronted by police. If a police office said Jump, it was yes sir and how high in back in the day.

I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the situation.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:43 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
It sounds as if the man ran, was caught and then they just beat him to death. The reality that in their minds (ala Chauvin) makes one wonder how they could have possibly believed they were justified.

Who among them thought this is the shift my world changes?

Old 01-26-2023, 02:51 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I didn't see anything posted here on this, but found it interesting that now the officers have been fired for excessive force police are not your friend

Will he be George Floyd 2.0? (probably not....)

https://wreg.com/news/investigations...-what-we-know/

Source:

https://www.wknofm.org/2023-01-20/mp...g-tyre-nichols
Serious question.

What difference does it make what the race of the person is who gets beaten to death by the cops?
If the cops acted criminally, it should apply equally to them, regardless of the race of the victim.

Since you mentioned Floyd, one of the cops involved was black, another yellow, yet those facts were brushed over by the media, trying to imply Floyd's death had to do with his race.
In reality cops can use excessive force against any race of victim.
It doesn't make it proper behavior, but neither does the victim being a minority make it racially motivated!

Old 01-26-2023, 02:52 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This poor man, his life ended for what???

My opinion only..........I trust Agents the least out of all the people I come across.

They get fired and go to work somewhere else, SMH!

I had 3 wonderful Agents spewing vileness at me for about 1/2 an hour, I assume to try and make me do something that would justify them beating me badly, or much worse. I was doing nothing illegal, was fully compliant, did not smart off, provided my ID immediately upon request.

FBI agents or Cops?

It must have been very difficult to swallow your Pride but you did the right thing. I'm not saying that this happened in this case but far too many times the suspect mouths, off fails to take that chip off his shoulder or flat out ties to fight the cops and it does not end well for him.

If you feel your Rights are being violated, clam up for the time being and hire a lawyer. It is terrible and wrong that we have some cops that are overworked and ready to explode on someone that they perceive is disrespecting them but we do. Don't give them an excuse to get rough.

If this guy was stopped by Police, gave them a hard time then tried to escape that is not a good way to avoid trouble.

We shall see what happens when the footage is released. Will Memphis burn in Protest? It is hard and sad to say because the cops were all Black and the Lefty narrative of White Racist cops murdering Black guys for sport doesn't fit this scene.

Now that is a question to ask. Did the cops come down harder on this guy because they were Black? Would they have beaten a White suspect as harshly?

We need answers before we light the torches and start throwing rocks.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:58 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
That is true. Good observation.

Meanwhile... **** Foul language warning ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
The real catch to this is the last sentence of the video, "follow these steps and you Probably won't get your butt kicked".

Chris Rock is saying even if you do everything right, you might STILL get your rights violated.

I will argue until I die, if you have a state board for nurses, docs, lawyers, paramedics, on and on, why do we not have state agencies responsible for licensing and monitoring violations by individual Police officers? Some states require more training and oversight for hair dressers than police. How does that help the police or the public?

Old 01-26-2023, 03:13 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
There is no evidence those black cops beat that black to death. Any riots? Where is BLM? Where are the white satanic cultural marxists?
The chief of police told people that they could protest but that she would be all over any violence that occurred.

Quote:
The footage is apparently so explosive, Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn Davis, who called the encounter between police and Nichols, 29, “heinous,” delivered a video statement in which she urged her city to remain peaceful after its release.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/01...lease-1327739/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies