Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 01:59 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

This homeless person is just as clueless as the 'professionals' that deal with the homeless.

This genius solution to the homeless problem? Basically, don't enforce the no camping laws and allow the homeless to camp out wherever and whenever they want.

I'm so sick and tired of people whining about the rules in homeless shelters. Rules are there for a reason, and abiding by them is one step in getting off the streets.

Allowing homeless to inconvenience others with their settlements in neighborhoods and businesses is no solution at all.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m-homeles...130000132.html

Quote:
I and my fellow residents of Wood Street Commons, an unhoused community in Oakland, believe politicians pushing sweeps of homeless encampments are only making things worse.

One thing that would dramatically improve the lives of unhoused people in California could be done today, wouldn’t cost taxpayers any money and would require no effort by politicians or city workers. It’s as simple as a governor or mayor uttering three words: Stop sweeps now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2023, 02:03 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Every Liberal should adopt a homeless person and let 2-3 of them camp out in their backyards.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:07 PM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Keep in mind that many, if not most, of these people ended up homeless because they could not or would not follow the rules that go with living in a society.

Homeless really isn't the issue, it is all their others issues, and most DO NOT want to address those issues.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:09 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Every Liberal should adopt a homeless person and let 2-3 of them camp out in their backyards.
But aren't they doing that for the 'undocumented immigrants' already?

Old 01-23-2023, 02:09 PM

5,930 posts, read 2,758,827 times
CA cities should absolutely push for more sweeps. Bring in the garbage trucks and throw everything in the trash.

You can choose to do drugs and be homeless and sleep on the street, but you can't build tents and homes on public sidewalks.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:22 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Just think how many homeless could live in Obamas, Kerry, and Algores houses and yards, that would kill homelessness right there.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:26 PM

10,479 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Homelessness is a choice. These people are not down on their luck, these are drug addicts and mental people. Both groups need to be collected and put into homes that fix their problem.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:39 PM

6,384 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This homeless person is just as clueless as the 'professionals' that deal with the homeless.

This genius solution to the homeless problem? Basically, don't enforce the no camping laws and allow the homeless to camp out wherever and whenever they want.

I'm so sick and tired of people whining about the rules in homeless shelters. Rules are there for a reason, and abiding by them is one step in getting off the streets.

Allowing homeless to inconvenience others with their settlements in neighborhoods and businesses is no solution at all.

Noticed something interesting about this statement.

Quote:
I and my fellow residents of Wood Street Commons, an unhoused community in Oakland, believe politicians pushing sweeps of homeless encampments are only making things worse.
These homeless people have given their community a name. They don't want help, they don't want to be "housed". They are comfortable enough in their situation to give their "community" a name, and they are comfortable because Cities are NOT trying to fix the issue.

But apparently because of their choice that just happens to infringe on other's people rights and property, they now want Government should just leave them totally alone.

Okay I say let's leave them alone. Totally alone. I wonder how they would feel if the Government stops loading their Debit Cards with benefits?

Old 01-24-2023, 04:39 AM

8,230 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Homeless shelters seldom get people off the streets. They tend to provide a bed for the night and then you are put back in the streets early the next morning. Very few shelters have people living there, and those stay full with few vacancies.

The local shelter here lets people spend the night for thirty days out of the year. You have to check in by a certain time or you are locked out, meaning those who have night jobs cannot get help. They put you out around six in the morning. During the pandemic, they cancelled intake and didn't let people stay there. I don't know if they have reopened intake or not.

Old 01-24-2023, 05:05 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
But aren't they doing that for the 'undocumented immigrants' already?
being compassionate and caring to our fellow human beings make for great signs to place in front of your abode in a safe community….but to actually put phrases into action is a bridge too far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies