Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2023, 02:35 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
so a white out.....where black people could come if they identify as white
Yup, there's plenty of blacks or mixed black, like Meghan Markle and Kamala Harris, who identify as white.

They only pretend to be black out of convenience. Both have married white men who already had kids.

Old 01-27-2023, 05:36 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Lots are immigrants who may be unskilled or do not have the apapropriate designation in their skill to work elsewhere.

Airports pay well. Always lots of jobs. Easy enough to get in.

Do you believe every airport in the USA has a diversity agenda?

Toronto isn't in the USA.

I've been through a lot of airports in America.

I don't see such a high percentage of minority employees in any of them compared to Toronto.

Not even close.

Toronto/Ontario area is the most Liberal area of Canada, whose government is pretty far left, even compared to the current administration in America.

Old 01-27-2023, 05:43 AM

2,396 posts, read 1,065,095 times
A hot potato...

A slippery slope..

Old 01-27-2023, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That is because public sector employers were required to participate in affirmative action programs before the private sector started hiring minorities and /or were not allowed to discriminate based on race. Political will to overcome racial or gender disparity will always first be reflected in the public sector.

But also, there have always been areas where certain ethnicities seem to be predominant. Irish cops, Jewish lawyers, Indian convenience store owners. They sound like stereotypes, but they were based in reality.

Black airport workers in TO could be from Haiti or one of the former colonized countries in Africa--IOW, people who are French and English bilingual, which would be an asset at the airport in the largest city of a country that uses those two languages.

EVERYTHING here is in English and French, from airport signs to labels on Friskies cans.

Affirmative Action is government mandating discrimination based on race.

Old 01-27-2023, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Theater is mostly white audiences watching white actors in storylines that reflect white experiences. It’s the old joke where a child on Mother’s Day says “when is Childrens Day?” and the answer is “every day is Childrens Day”. You honestly can’t understand why black people in a vastly white country (compared to USA) might want to feel comraderie with their peers and express their feelings about being a minority with others that experience the same things? How do you see it as different from the woman’s poetry night?

Why do you think that "camaraderie with their peers" should be based on race?

Do you not understand that making a special dispensation for blacks on social segregation only perpetuates the problem of racism?

MIKE WALLACE: "How are we going to get rid of racism until ...?"

MORGAN FREEMAN: "Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You're not going to say, "I know this white guy named Mike Wallace." Hear what I'm saying? The only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it.”

Old 01-27-2023, 06:51 AM

50,781 posts, read 36,474,703 times
This is just a circle jerk now, not going to explain the same thing 500 more ways than I already did. If you want to choose to be offended by a night at the theater that has no impact on you, more power to you.

Old 01-27-2023, 07:10 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Ok, that makes me feel better, but the link I provided is badly worded by using " an ALL Black identifying audience". That sounds to me like they want an all black audience.
I agree that the statement from the NAC clarifies things, though one wonders how comfortable a person who isn't obviously black would feel about attending, given the fairly categorical wording that you've pointed out.

Old 01-27-2023, 07:11 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This is just a circle jerk now, not going to explain the same thing 500 more ways than I already did. If you want to choose to be offended by a night at the theater that has no impact on you, more power to you.
Part of the issue is that people are bringing up good points and questions that you can't or choose not to refute.

Old 01-27-2023, 07:39 AM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Affirmative Action is government mandating discrimination based on race.
Whatevs. Entirely different topic.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:17 AM

50,781 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Part of the issue is that people are bringing up good points and questions that you can't or choose not to refute.
I disagree. Read back, the points are the same ones from pages ago, which I responded to and tried to explain many different ways, to no avail. No one is here to change their mind. They are attached to their being offended and I'm not going to change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies