Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 12:39 PM

1,368 posts, read 488,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The tortured logic to justify the dictionary definition of racism is amazing.

On second thought have the liberals rewrote the dictionary definition of racism yet?
Yes
Racism : stuff we don't like

Old 01-25-2023, 12:48 PM

1,368 posts, read 488,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Bob View Post
UNBELIEVABLE hahaha

Old 01-25-2023, 01:23 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Their website said it's for "black identifying" audiences. So to me that means anyone. They aren't going to screen people first. Many black people are married to white people, you think they're going to say "you can come in but your husband can't"? I highly doubt it.

They just felt most of theater was white audiences, material that spoke more to white people, etc. So they design these nights occasionally (they had one in May, too) with black storyline, black cast, black audience, and after the play there is a discussion. People are just looking for reason to be offended here, IMO.
That’s quite the assumption. The term “Black-identifying” doesn’t mean anyone. Take for instance this from an article about a Canadian University hiring a Black professor

Quote:
"Successful candidates will self-identify as Black of African Descent (e.g, Africans and African heritage people from the Caribbean, Americas, Europe)
https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadi...identify-black

So no, not everyone is invited.

Quote:
BLACK OUT NIGHT: Performance for Black-identifying audiences. The NAC will be hosting our first evening dedicated to Black audience members. We will be welcoming Black audience members to come and experience live theatre in community with each other

Old 01-25-2023, 01:33 PM

10,810 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/...ck-out-n525968

These people are evil and/or misguided and we have no choice but to remove them from any and all positions of authority.

I have said this many a time....just because democrats lost the civil rights movement does not mean they have given up. if you look at the last few years, they have gotten blacks to AGREE to 'separate but equal'.

I betcha if we dig up Rosa and ask, she regrets ever getting on the bus....

Old 01-25-2023, 02:07 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,205 times
I’m organizing Irish night out.
Non Irish not allowed. No exceptions.

Old 01-25-2023, 02:25 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Canada, the very diverse country with a whopping 1% black population.

The day any developed country can match Americas 14% black population, will be the day I take racial lessons from them.
The black population in Canada represents 4.1 percent of the population and comes in @ 1.5 million in 2021 census (almost doubled from 2006 census). Half of them are are Caribbean origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...%20communities.

This is not an insignificant number but no, it isn't as much as the U.S in representative terms. That said, the link I provided has a lot of good history there, including quite a bit on the underground railroad.. Canada has a larger East Asian and South Asian population in terms of visible minorities.

Old 01-25-2023, 02:55 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
That’s quite the assumption. The term “Black-identifying” doesn’t mean anyone. Take for instance this from an article about a Canadian University hiring a Black professor

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadi...identify-black

So no, not everyone is invited.
I promise you, no one is going to be turned away for not being black enough. And I’m quite sure you all know that. Do you honestly think if someone goes there with their weight has been, that they’re going to let her in and tell her husband he has to stay outside? Do you really honestly believe that? Their website says black identifying, and I do not think the criteria for going to a play can be compared to the criteria for hiring a university professor.

This is so not a big deal, but you guys are trying to make it one just to maintain outrage for the sake of outrage.

Old 01-25-2023, 04:12 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
I promise you, no one is going to be turned away for not being black enough. And I’m quite sure you all know that. Do you honestly think if someone goes there with their weight has been, that they’re going to let her in and tell her husband he has to stay outside? Do you really honestly believe that? Their website says black identifying, and I do not think the criteria for going to a play can be compared to the criteria for hiring a university professor.

This is so not a big deal, but you guys are trying to make it one just to maintain outrage for the sake of outrage.
“Black audience” and “Black identifying”, what clearer criteria do you want. We all know the exclusive audience they want. Whether they actually allow a few non-Blacks in is irrelevant. The intent is racist and your indifference is noted.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:38 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
They aren't segregating though. It specifically says no one will be turned away, someone posted it not that long ago. They aren't actually going to ban white people. C'mon now.
There was a thread where Canada changed the name of the scouting group the brownies because it made some blacks feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. You dont think "Black out" only for anyone identifying as black dosent make whites feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. C'mon now.
Its no longer about actual discrimination or exclusion, it's about words, symbols, images, actions that make members of a group uncomfortable or anxious, offended or unwelcome.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:44 AM

4,341 posts, read 2,227,253 times
My how times have changed -when the goal was integration and equality (NOT that hated word equity)

Yes, I know the signs are about schools, but the ideal of the movement applies - everywhere!

Why not a multi-evening celebration of unity?

[answer: cuz racism is a big business - gotta keep the hate alive}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies