Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 09:56 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,461,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
FDA set to announce indefinite annual rollout of Covid shot, similar to flu vaccine schedule

It appears that if the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) gets its way, COVID vaccinations are here to stay and will be pushed once a year on Americans just as the flu vaccine is despite many questioning the efficacy of the jab and the dangerous side effects associated with it.

The FDA advisory panel plans to vote on the yearly jab Thursday, according to the Daily Mail.

This is interesting...

Government contracts with vaccine manufacturers Pfizer and Moderna are set to expire this year. That will cause the cost of the jab to potentially quadruple in price. Most Americans won’t feel that pinch directly because it goes through their insurance, but their premiums will almost certainly rise over it. The uninsured will definitely be feeling it if they choose to get inoculated.

Americans can expect to pay approximately $130 for Moderna’s vaccine, which is estimated to cost just $1.18 to make. That’s a 10,000 percent markup. The vaccine goes for about $26 a dose currently.

Good luck with that...

“I really believe this is why God gave us two arms — one for the flu shot and the other one for the Covid shot,” Dr. Ashish Jha, White House Covid-19 Response Coordinator, said in September according to the Daily Mail.

Wow...
IMO it is simply too early to make such a proposal. But no doubt they know that, and only discussing and providing the possibility. There is a good chance that the acute phase of the Pandemic is over, and we are into the endemic phase. We have a much longer experience with Influenza, but still have prediction and uncertainties with the recommended vaccine every year. With Covid these uncertainties are much worse. Worse with our shorter experience, and worse with current death rates vs Influenza.

So in a year we may find a more general recommendation for an annual booster. And possibly a more definite and strong recommendation for the elderly and high medical risks. Or we may still be in the multiple booster phase for the high risks. The virus, its mutation this coming year and the resultant medical effects will dictate that. We can all hope that the endemic phase moves more toward the common cold than Influenza. But it is too soon to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2023, 09:59 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Covid isn't seasonal though like the flu. It's still year round and those covid shots only last 3-4 months.

I don't get it.

But people are responding to this favorably..because every few months is a hassle !

https://abc11.com/covid-vaccine-once...-fda/12731658/

Old 01-25-2023, 10:01 AM

23,842 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
FDA set to announce indefinite annual rollout of Covid shot, similar to flu vaccine schedule
LOL no.

Old 01-25-2023, 10:05 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
LOL no.
No kidding. The covid debacle has destroyed trust in the FDA, CDC, vaccines and the health care industry in general.

Rightfully so

Old 01-25-2023, 10:33 AM

20,090 posts, read 8,995,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No kidding. The covid debacle has destroyed trust in the FDA, CDC, vaccines and the health care industry in general.

Rightfully so
I'd trust the pharmaceutical companies more.

Old 01-25-2023, 10:42 AM

17,599 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Well, you can choose not to get vaccinated. Then, when you get really sick, don't apply for any public assistance if you are debilitated and can't work etc.
That's fine, so long as I can deny you medical aid for being fat and/or smoking, and/or drinking alcohol, and/or engaging in high risk activity.

Old 01-25-2023, 10:45 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,046,599 times
I wonder if the FDA is prepared for the possible upcoming lawsuits that might came down the road? I have some doubts.

Old 01-25-2023, 11:05 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I wonder if the FDA is prepared for the possible upcoming lawsuits that might came down the road? I have some doubts.
Unfortunately “we” are the FDA, no one there will suffer personally. Anyone else see the problem with this?

Old 01-25-2023, 11:11 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
There is total immunity for them under the PREP Act.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ountermeasures

Old 01-25-2023, 11:21 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
You really have to ask, why is the governemnt gone rabid when it comes to covid vaccines??

what do they know that we don't

Never happened with the polio vaccine, no one lost their job.

Science is a tool, public opinion can and does trump science, as interpreted by the government and its cronies who are subject to government review.

Science provides options not mandates.

Brush your teeth everyday, eat 5 different fruits and vegetables each day, smoke joints or ciggys, wear your seat belt, drink too much, own a firearm, eat raw fish??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies