Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 04:38 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2023, 04:39 PM

5,930 posts, read 2,758,827 times
A World War would further thin out the population pyramid, probably not a great time to start a war that will result in hundreds of millions of deaths, this might be the first war that tallies up a billion deaths, yay....

Just saying.

#demographics

Old 01-24-2023, 04:42 PM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
I still maintain that World War is not possible in the era of thermonuclear weapons, but then what do I know?

Between nuclear super powers, any world war would be short lived.

The 60-year trend is toward proxy wars between super powers in a third world country. Ukraine sort of qualifies, but obviously you could not have large bodies of actual US troops engaging large bodies of Russian troops in combat. That is no longer a proxy war. That is pretty direct.

Old 01-24-2023, 04:49 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
America's far right has bought Russia's propaganda hook, line and sinker. The US has been aiding Ukraine for a year now, with Russian nuclear saber rattling the whole time. So far no WWIII, and there won't be, because Russia would be destroyed and they know it. It is just idle threats, because they know that western aid will lead to Ukraine winning.

Why not just say you can't be a real red blooded patriotic American if you aren't into nuclear wars? Every escalation brings us closer. Not that I think sending a dozen or so Abrams tanks is going to be a major game changer overall or represent a huge escalation. I just don't see any reason to celebrate when more of our military arsenal is being deployed, and in some cases, lost.

It's never wrong to root for peace. People take it for granted when they have it.... And would give anything to have it when it's gone.

Old 01-24-2023, 04:51 PM

1,368 posts, read 489,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
If only he could’ve kept the peace with foreign leaders like his predecessor. So many debacles and consequences in such a short time.
Stunning amount of bungles and debacles. Like it's intentional

Old 01-24-2023, 04:51 PM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
But we are not in a war with Russia.

Old 01-24-2023, 04:53 PM

520 posts, read 731,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Breaking News: Abrams tanks being sent to Ukraine

I've seen this war before... next we will be sending "advisors" to "train" the Ukrainians how to use the tanks.
Yup this is exactly what I'm thinking. And if the US does end up in a hot war with Russia or Russia/China, the city-data warmongers and US politicians will make sure they and their kids are protected while sending someone else who doesn't want to fight these wars. No wonder there was so many stories last year about the recruitment shortages for the US military, the Military Industrial Complex wants a war.

Old 01-24-2023, 05:00 PM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
But Trump was going to start WWIII ......!!!!!
C'mon, man! This IS Trump's fault. He did nothing in 2020 to prevent it!!

Old 01-24-2023, 05:01 PM

853 posts, read 337,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Why not just say you can't be a real red blooded patriotic American if you aren't into nuclear wars? Every escalation brings us closer. Not that I think sending a dozen or so Abrams tanks is going to be a major game changer overall or represent a huge escalation. I just don't see any reason to celebrate when more of our military arsenal is being deployed, and in some cases, lost.

It's never wrong to root for peace. People take it for granted when they have it.... And would give anything to have it when it's gone.
Nuclear war is not going to happen. It is a bluff.

Russia is a fascist dictatorship fighting a war of conquest against a democracy. In the America I grew up in, we would never just shrug our shoulders and walk away from that. History suggest that if we do nothing it won't bring us peace, an expansionist power will keep fighting wars of conquest until they lose. Acquiescence to conquest isn't peace.

Old 01-24-2023, 05:05 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
Nuclear war is not going to happen. It is a bluff.

Russia is a fascist dictatorship fighting a war of conquest against a democracy. In the America I grew up in, we would never just shrug our shoulders and walk away from that. History suggest that if we do nothing it won't bring us peace, an expansionist power will keep fighting wars of conquest until they lose. Better that Russia loses now.

So I guess in the America you grew up, Ukraine was the 51st state???

It's not ours. And therefore, it's not ours to walk away from.

And we did walk away from a lot of wars that weren't going our way. Did you happen to grow up during the Vietnam war?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies