Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 12:06 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times

Advertisements

no evidence this preening, virtue-signalling prattle works, but evidence to the contrary shows that it doesn't. so why do they keep pushing it?

i'm shocked that the slimes published this.

Quote:
D.E.I. trainings are designed to help organizations become more welcoming to members of traditionally marginalized groups. Advocates make bold promises: Diversity workshops can foster better intergroup relations, improve the retention of minority employees, close recruitment gaps and so on. The only problem? There’s little evidence that many of these initiatives work. And the specific type of diversity training that is currently in vogue — mandatory trainings that blame dominant groups for D.E.I. problems — may well have a net-negative effect on the outcomes managers claim to care about.

If diversity trainings have no impact whatsoever, that would mean that perhaps billions of dollars are being wasted annually in the United States on these efforts. But there’s a darker possibility: Some diversity initiatives might actually worsen the D.E.I. climates of the organizations that pay for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 12:17 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
It isn't a what if, it's a fact.

DEI does more harm than good, literally to everyone other than the hucksters who profit off the industry itself.

Old 01-19-2023, 12:23 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Dei does not work. The practice does more harm than good and puts blames on whites or males and show others as weaker like blacks and women. The reason why employers spend big bucks on DEI or Die. Is only to avoid law suits based on discrimination which can be costly for any company agency or organization. Have fun spending big bucks on a diversity officer and Human Resources services.

Old 01-19-2023, 12:26 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,234,977 times
The ploy of combating racism with racism is big bucks.

D.I.E. programs account for about $3.4 billion annually.

Sell diversity by division which will result in calls for more diversity - and so on.

Old 01-19-2023, 12:36 PM

1,568 posts, read 909,110 times
I don't see how all this nonsense is not putting a zap on black people's heads. It's one thing to make young white kids run home crying that they're suddenly ashamed of being white, but man, imagine being a black kid and being taught that all those OTHER PEOPLE hate you and are trying to keep you in chains. This can't be healthy for anyone.

Old 01-19-2023, 12:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Dei does not work. The practice does more harm than good and puts blames on whites or males and show others as weaker like blacks and women. The reason why employers spend big bucks on DEI or Die. Is only to avoid law suits based on discrimination which can be costly for any company agency or organization. Have fun spending big bucks on a diversity officer and Human Resources services.
fairfax (VA) public schools paid $450,000 taxpayer dollars for an 'equity' consultant to convince them that 'misgendering' was worthy of expulsion, and to hide high National Merit scores from high-scoring students, mostly asian, in the name of 'equity.'

Old 01-19-2023, 12:42 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
We had a few of those kinds of seminars in our office. One was a "Respectful Workplace" meeting.. I thought that was stupid. I know how to treat people with respect.

the funniest stupidest thing they told me in another webinar from a major company, the class was on Excelling in Grammar.. So in order to not offend anyone, they taught us, in the grammar class that we were supposed to use "they" instead of he or she, so not to offend anyone.

THIS WAS A GRAMMAR CLASS!! i thought that was the most stupid thing.

Old 01-19-2023, 12:52 PM

6,348 posts, read 2,901,596 times
It's been known for a long time too.

Quote:
Beginning in the mid-90s, however, it became increasingly clear that, due to their lack of validation, many widely-used interventions could be ineffective or harmful. An empirical literature was built up measuring the effectiveness of diversity-related training programs. The picture that has emerged is not very flattering...

However, when scientists set about to investigate whether the programs actually changed behaviors, i.e. do they reduce expressions of bias, do they reduce discrimination, do they foster greater collaboration across groups, do they help with retaining employees from historically marginalized or underrepresented groups, do they increase productivity or reduce conflicts in the workplace — for all of these behavioral metrics, the metrics that actually matter, not only is the training ineffective, it is often counterproductive.
https://www.realclearscience.com/art...ve_652014.html

Old 01-19-2023, 12:57 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
I don't see how all this nonsense is not putting a zap on black people's heads. It's one thing to make young white kids run home crying that they're suddenly ashamed of being white, but man, imagine being a black kid and being taught that all those OTHER PEOPLE hate you and are trying to keep you in chains. This can't be healthy for anyone.

That is what they are pushing. They, the Left want to keep the divide running. They want people to be in Fear. They want people to feel forever oppressed because it helps them to remain in power as the only force that cares enough about them to help them.

For the rest of us it all comes down to, IS the minority hire a decent person? Are they a contributing member of the team whatever the business might be?

I can't help but think about the former NFL quarterback Colin Kapernick. He started that whole kneeling nonsense in protest of Racism, the Police, the anthem, our veterans and America herself, the country that allowed him thanks to his skill to play a game and be paid Millions of dollars. It was all so weird and wrong when he and others were taking a knee.

Kapernick claimed that he was black listed, that no team would hire him and it was surprising at the time that the NFL didn't force a team to take him on for the sake of Diversity. In reality teams didn't want to hire him because he was a toxic force with his protesting.

That is not good for the team and no amount of diversity training will set it straight.

Diversity is a good thing but no one wants to be forced to accept something and some classes in training is not going to help. What diversity training does do is it helps people to not get into trouble by stepping on someones toes.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:24 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,516,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
We had a few of those kinds of seminars in our office. One was a "Respectful Workplace" meeting.. I thought that was stupid. I know how to treat people with respect.

the funniest stupidest thing they told me in another webinar from a major company, the class was on Excelling in Grammar.. So in order to not offend anyone, they taught us, in the grammar class that we were supposed to use "they" instead of he or she, so not to offend anyone.

THIS WAS A GRAMMAR CLASS!! i thought that was the most stupid thing.
Did they not realize that "they" is a plural, and when you're referring to one person, it's either he or she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies