Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 04:36 PM

1,213 posts, read 568,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Like the former President mouth that's about the most childish statement I have seen on here. When you look at some of the line up on the other side including that newest addition Santos you might want to be careful before you start throwing rocks...
Please, everyone, enough with the santos crap. He’s a total jackass, everyone knows this.
But compared to some of the lefts finest, he’s Ronald Reagan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2023, 04:41 PM

7,341 posts, read 3,812,806 times
I hope the Republican leadership realizes there is nothing to gain by taking the high road and compromising with democrats. Those days are over. Pelosi saw to it.

I want to see the new Republican leadership got scorched earth on the Democrats. Throw them off the committees, disenfranchise them and make their opinions irrelevant, just as Pelosi did to Republicans.

Burn their houses down and make them play by the rules Pelosi put in place. See how Democrats like it when Pelosi's rules are used against them.

Old 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Please, everyone, enough with the santos crap. He’s a total jackass, everyone knows this.
The bolded is all you need to say......

Old 01-25-2023, 04:51 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,509,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
In the words of Shania .
He don't impress me much.
Does receive the record though for the days...and mishaps of negotiations to get him in that position.

Every elected official deserves to represent their community. His denial to allow thru polarized political favor is shining brightly. Typical maga bootlicker...
Is Shania your wife? WTF are you even trying to say here?

Old 01-25-2023, 04:52 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
It's almost like Magic it happens every time a party gets partial control in Washington. They can rant and do a few changes because it's easy. it rallies the base and makes them look good. But Amazingly it's very rare(especially for Republicans)to actually take any real action when they have full control. All of a sudden the "pair" which had appeared to drop once again retract to disappear all together.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. And these jokers are the same jokers who have been around for many, many years.

Old 01-25-2023, 04:52 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,509,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Two words: John Fetterwoman!

Old 01-25-2023, 04:54 PM

6,027 posts, read 2,846,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Like the former President mouth that's about the most childish statement I have seen on here. When you look at some of the line up on the other side including that newest addition Santos you might want to be careful before you start throwing rocks...
Well, Former Speaker Pelosi stated that the Democrats could run "a glass of water" and their voters would "still vote for us". Her statement was less crude, but just as insulting, with a lot of truth mixed in. Too many people have become hyper-partisan, to the point where their party's candidate can insult them, and they still vote for them because the other side is "extreme". How many people still voted to reelect her, after she made that statement? There is a lot of truth in it...

Old 01-25-2023, 04:58 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
You are correct. Shame you have to repeat this simple statement over & over again to the left.
MTG and Gosar were not disenfranchised, they still had a vote in congress.

Old 01-25-2023, 05:00 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I hope the Republican leadership realizes there is nothing to gain by taking the high road and compromising with democrats. Those days are over. Pelosi saw to it.

I want to see the new Republican leadership got scorched earth on the Democrats. Throw them off the committees, disenfranchise them and make their opinions irrelevant, just as Pelosi did to Republicans.

Burn their houses down and make them play by the rules Pelosi put in place. See how Democrats like it when Pelosi's rules are used against them.
^^^post of the week. So far, McCarthy seems to be willing to go the Freedom Caucus route of destroying the Dems...I need more time though to be sure. Boehner started strong too, and then turned into a wimpering Democrat operative.

The Pubs must crush the Dems, while selling their policies as being better for Americans than the Dem policies that are killing America's major cities.

Are there any Libs here willing to defend the Lib destruction of the Lib controlled cities? Deflecting to 1 or 2 poorly run Pub cities wont get it because there are 20+ Lib run cities that are in serious distress. Do Libs here need me to list them?

Old 01-25-2023, 05:03 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
You're way overestimating how much power they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies