Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 10:09 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times

Advertisements

The GDP numbers are strong. Not sure how to explain it. I am certainly not praising Biden for this. But it is what it is and not MAGA folks have predicted. And I for one as an American first before partisan nonsense am I glad things are better than expected. What say you?

Fox’s Brian Kilmeade Makes Stunning Defense of Biden Economy: ‘Better Numbers Than Any Country in the World’

BRIAN KILMEADE: To me, this would be the perfect time to say, listen, our numbers aren’t perfect, but we have better numbers than any other country in the world. And compare yourself to China, compared to Russia, compared to any European nation… You know, Japan’s got this low inflation and people have certain areas. Our numbers look good. And this way you could actually pretend, at least for a few months, that you’re a unifying president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2023, 10:14 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Yeah Brian..."let's pretend" we're doing great.

Old 01-26-2023, 10:35 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
The pricetag
https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Kilmeades plea is a big whoop. Im not impressed.

Old 01-26-2023, 10:38 AM

29,815 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Wars happen to be good for the economy (conventional wars anyways). It's a no brainier why he's gunning for WW3... Artillery ammunition production is set to increase 500%. That likely is reflected in the GDP, and the artillery goes to Ukraine so they can deliver it to some Russian soldiers, tanks, etc... Or once it gets to Ukraine, they will sell to whoever is looking to buy. You can bet plenty of that is going on as well, since Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in Europe. But Biden doesn't care. We'll just make more, and it will make the GDP look even better.

Old 01-26-2023, 10:39 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Some things are doing well and some not so well. As a retiree, my economy is focused on inflation and how the market is doing and, in both cases, Biden sucks.

Old 01-26-2023, 10:46 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Some things are doing well and some not so well. As a retiree, my economy is focused on inflation and how the market is doing and, in both cases, Biden sucks.
You (and me) need to be focused on the debt ceiling fight. As a retiree, I am worried about the same things as you.

Old 01-26-2023, 10:48 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,239,198 times
As a retiree shouldn't you be mostly into bonds and out of stocks?

Old 01-26-2023, 10:48 AM

11,460 posts, read 5,980,816 times
Amazing how people who constantly bash Fox News, suddenly love them the first time they say something they agree with.

Old 01-26-2023, 10:49 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Wars happen to be good for the economy (conventional wars anyways). It's a no brainier why he's gunning for WW3... Artillery ammunition production is set to increase 500%. That likely is reflected in the GDP, and the artillery goes to Ukraine so they can deliver it to some Russian soldiers, tanks, etc... Or once it gets to Ukraine, they will sell to whoever is looking to buy. You can bet plenty of that is going on as well, since Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in Europe. But Biden doesn't care. We'll just make more, and it will make the GDP look even better.
WWII got us out of the depression.

WWIII is being thought to prevent the next depression I think.
Being "proactive"

Old 01-26-2023, 10:51 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The GDP numbers are strong. Not sure how to explain it. I am certainly not praising Biden for this. But it is what it is and not MAGA folks have predicted. And I for one as an American first before partisan nonsense am I glad things are better than expected. What say you?
Like you, I am not praising Biden for this because the President doesn't control the economy, just as the president doesn't control gas prices or inflation.

But many on this forum refuse to accept good news. They insist that things are worse than they seem, because it serves their political narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies