Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 09:29 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times

Advertisements

So, the kids at my local school are being asked to fill out a carbon footprint calculator. It asks questions about how big their family is, how often everyone showers, what kind of car they drive, whether they eat meat or are vegetarian, and other personal information about family members. Presumably, the goal is to shame the kids with larger families, non-vegans, etc. when they compare their scores with others. Maybe I’m overreacting but I feel like this is inappropriate. Thoughts?
Moderators for US and World Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2023, 09:32 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,950,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So, the kids at my local school are being asked to fill out a carbon footprint calculator. It asks questions about how big their family is, how often everyone showers, what kind of car they drive, whether they eat meat or are vegetarian, and other personal information about family members. Presumably, the goal is to shame the kids with larger families, non-vegans, etc. when they compare their scores with others. Maybe I’m overreacting but I feel like this is inappropriate. Thoughts?
Yes. I think you are over reacting. Kids learn best when they can collect their own data and use it in a real world example. Their own family is a real world example.

I don't think they are being asked for Social Security numbers or income, for example.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:33 AM

6,792 posts, read 9,340,858 times
It’s inappropriate. They’re indoctrinating children into believing the hype and fear about “climate change.” Get ‘em while they’re young, I guess. Maybe while the school is at it, they can also inject some approved Democrat racism into the mix, so that the white and Asian children can feel ashamed of themselves.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:37 AM

4,343 posts, read 2,229,121 times
My thoughts.

This is conditioning kids to be indoctrinated into whatever contrived crisis "the state" pushes forward in order to ensure compliance and control.

It is also being used to sow discord within families - split the family as another wedge for "the state" to be the sole entity for rearing children.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:39 AM

45,210 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Since man made climate change is a religion, the teaching and discussion thereof should be confined to private learning institutions

Old 02-15-2023, 09:39 AM

20,025 posts, read 20,835,571 times
If my kids were still in school id tell them to blow that sht up!
Shower: 40 minutes x4 people, no we’ll say we have 9 people living here.
Every light, device, & TV in the house on 24/7
Everything gets dumped in the toilet & flushed every time, and the toilet is 5 gallon “vintage” avocado yellow dumper, AC on full blast from May to October, heat on 85 all winter, laundry 35 loads a week in our vintage wm, 2 1985 diesel Dodge 350 pickups, 1 gas 1989 Ramcharger, 2 Jeep Cherokees, sprinkler system 7 days a week @60 minutes per zone x14 zones March thru December, We hunt our own meat with our AR-15’s, and we have 10 cows that we feed baked beans and leftover Taco Bell.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:44 AM

18,432 posts, read 8,264,501 times
this is total bullcrap......no one person in this country needs to know what their ”carbon footprint” is......

The USA has not increased it's CO2 emissions in over 50 years....ALL OF GLOBAL WARMING

...ALL of the increase in CO2 has come...directly or indirectly....from China.....ALL OF IT.....ALL OF GLOBAL WARMING

and China does not give one flying damn about it

CHINA CO2 > https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ederations.png

Old 02-15-2023, 09:45 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,699,244 times
Carbon is essential for life. Human life, animal life and plant life would not exist without carbon. There are 65.5 trillion tons of carbon on the planet earth. The amount of carbon can be neither increase or decreased.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:48 AM

43,071 posts, read 18,237,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Yes. I think you are over reacting. Kids learn best when they can collect their own data and use it in a real world example. Their own family is a real world example.

I don't think they are being asked for Social Security numbers or income, for example.
Really depends on the age group.

The younger ones (K-3 maybe) wouldn't understand fully what it means.
Abstract concepts are more late middle school.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:49 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,397,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
There is no small irony that you are a moderator at a site called City Data. Lol God forbid the thought of anybody collecting data on people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies