Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 09:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

So.

How many people who participated in the riots, who heretofore haven't been identified, are looking forward to this public release?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2023, 09:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Because the Democrats needed the videos hidden. It took the GOP to grant transparency, at least this time in this instance.
How "transparent" is handing over the videos to one media personality who is very right wing?

Transparent? Transparent as aluminum foil.

Old 02-21-2023, 09:29 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
3. It's been over two years, why haven't we already seen the videos?

Because up until recently the woman in charge of the House was a Trump Hater that promoted the idea that this unruly mob was an actual Insurrection. Any evidence that didn't support that narrative has been squashed and kept from the public view.

What really gets me about the hype of the Jan6th is that it was used as a political weapon and the people that were caught up in it have been made examples of and locked up as Political Prisoners. Why don't the Dems ever go after the "peaceful protesters" that looted, burned down public and private property and fought with the Police. The likes of BLM and antifa actually come to a protest to Riot. They bring weapons to throw, to fight with and shields to defend. They dress like isis to intimidate and to hide their identities. These bums are allowed to throw bricks at the heads of cops and hurt them then they turn to arson and burn the cop cars and nothing happens? They blocked the doors and tried to burn cops inside their precinct and there are no arrests? They attacked Federal buildings and no is prosecuted?

Nothing happens to the violent mobs that are out for blood but a bunch of people trespass at the Capital egged on by who knows who and they are prosecuted and sent to Gitmo...

The Democrats are experts at propaganda and they never let a good crisis go to waste, even ones that they create.

Old 02-21-2023, 09:32 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
3. It's been over two years, why haven't we already seen the videos?

The Dems have been hiding them to cover their azz though sadly still nothing still will happen to them even though they've been caught red handed lying, again.

Old 02-21-2023, 09:34 AM

23,473 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Because we would come up with stuff like this...

Nothing to see here

Just a guy wearing an earpiece physically forcing people inside the Capitol on J6 & a woman calling him out on it

I’m sure he wasn’t a Federal Agent of any kind

*This* is why they don’t want more video footage released

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status...83256287375361

Video at the tweet
One tweet in that twitter thread showing a video created by a guy who claims he was a paid actor. Unknown if it's true or not. The government not only has videos from the cops body cams and the buildings/areas security cameras, they also had seized many videos from those who were there. I guess we'll have to wait to see if this admission video was being held secret by Pelosi, et al.

There is another very interesting video in that tweet thread:

https://twitter.com/Simply4Truth_/st...75121820123138

The guy in that video is certainly not a protester/rioter and likely not one of the proud boys, etc.

Old 02-21-2023, 09:37 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Two questions:

1. Is this video recorded by publicly owned security cameras installed in the Capitol? If so, the public has a right to it, and giving the access to a very clearly partisan newstainment figure certainly smells funny.

2. When will we get to see the videos?
Maybe you should ask yourself while the democrats refused to release these videos for over 2 years until McCarthy took over

Old 02-21-2023, 09:37 AM

10,830 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
So.

How many people who participated in the riots, who heretofore haven't been identified, are looking forward to this public release?

and where were you on jan 6 2021?

Old 02-21-2023, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Maybe you should ask yourself while the democrats refused to release these videos for over 2 years until McCarthy took over
From where I sit, refusing to release it is more defensible than releasing it to a very partisan news figure.

I can see reasons not to release it all. What about the people who really DID enter peacefully, or believed they were? Do you think they want their images splashed across America?

Would you, at this point, want clear video of yourself following after the heave ho bunch had long decimated the law enforcement line?

Old 02-21-2023, 09:41 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Two questions:

1. Is this video recorded by publicly owned security cameras installed in the Capitol? If so, the public has a right to it, and giving the access to a very clearly partisan newstainment figure certainly smells funny.

2. When will we get to see the videos?
next week.

https://twitter.com/Simply4Truth_/st...75121820123138

Old 02-21-2023, 09:41 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Releasing the videos to only one news outlet is wrong. They should be made available to all. Why not just post them on congress.gov for anyone to watch?
The Democrats had two years to release the tapes and refused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies