Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 07:13 PM

6,750 posts, read 6,753,358 times

Advertisements

I've spent my adult life in areas with large Hispanic and Asian populations, and they seem to be doing pretty well. Meanwhile, can't the say the same about many 90-95% White communities.

The Reconquista rhetoric is BS. They come here to work, not sit on their butts and watch Tucker Carlson or Joy Reid like many native born Americans. Moreover, they have work because of our Calvinist Capitalistic system, and they wish to escape the command and control economies of Central America, and you don't see them saying "hey, I want to make the US just like Honduras, Cuba, or El Salvador". I mean, I've seen a lot more White college kids wearing Che Guevara shirts than I have Latinos doing the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2023, 07:59 PM

63,019 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
I've spent my adult life in areas with large Hispanic and Asian populations, and they seem to be doing pretty well. Meanwhile, can't the say the same about many 90-95% White communities.

The Reconquista rhetoric is BS. They come here to work, not sit on their butts and watch Tucker Carlson or Joy Reid like many native born Americans. Moreover, they have work because of our Calvinist Capitalistic system, and they wish to escape the command and control economies of Central America, and you don't see them saying "hey, I want to make the US just like Honduras, Cuba, or El Salvador". I mean, I've seen a lot more White college kids wearing Che Guevara shirts than I have Latinos doing the same.
Really, then why do so many Hispanic-Americans support illegal immigration? The polls prove it out. Admit it or not many of them are of the Reconquista agenda.

Doesn't matter why they come here illegally or if they work hard they have no right to reside or work here are taking blue-collared jobs from Americans and cost us over $100 billion a year! If you think that most white Americans don't work but just sit and watch TV then you aren't dealing in reality in fact that's a racist statement to make! I guess these illegals don't watch Telemundo?

There is no immigration policy that allows for illegals to come here to work because of their country's failed policies either. These illegals retain the culture of the countries that you mentioned they don't assimilate into our society.

College kids regardless of their race are brain washed by their professors into this woke crap. This topic isn't about what shirts anyone is wearing anyway. You're just deflecting now.

Old 02-28-2023, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Not too long ago I posted a thread of what our population is made up of. The most recent numbers indicated Latinos in total are about 19% of the US population. It is normal that the next generation of immigrants gets acclimated much more than the parents. However, the kids, our youth, is not paying so much attention. They are welcoming. I recently was watching good ole cowboy line dancing and the music is very hip hop. The kids are changing the status quo and erasing many social lines. In a few years won’t stop it.
This topic is about illegal aliens who shouldn't even be here or their kids. Hispanic is a very tribal culture and they are adamant about retaining their culture and language and many would like nothing better than to turn us into another Hispanic country. With 5 million of them crossing our border illegally in just two short years that 19% figure is going to change rapidly along with their numerous anchor babies if this continues.

Old 02-28-2023, 08:09 PM

6,750 posts, read 6,753,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really, then why do so many Hispanic-Americans support illegal immigration? The polls prove it out. Admit it or not many of them are of the Reconquista agenda.

Doesn't matter why they come here illegally or if they work hard they have no right to reside or work here are taking blue-collared jobs from Americans and cost us over $100 billion a year! If you think that most white Americans don't work but just sit and watch TV then you aren't dealing in reality in fact that's a racist statement to make! I guess these illegals don't watch Telemundo?

There is no immigration policy that allows for illegals to come here to work because of their country's failed policies either. These illegals retain the culture of the countries that you mentioned they don't assimilate into our society.
Don't care if you think I'm racist. But somehow I'm woke too???

Immigrants create demand for new services, therefore creating new jobs. Ever notice that immigrant heavy places like NY, SF, Boston, LA have higher salaries and lower unemployment than low immigrant communities in West Virginia?

The economic structure of this country hasn't changed one bit from Latin immigration. We have the same private property rights, the same innovation, and the same financial system, none of which resemble anything you'd see in Central America. Unfortunately, we do still have some native born Americans who haven't had many wins in life, and blame the government, illegals, or other made up nonsense rather than themselves for their lack of success. That's not the American way, and it's kind of pathetic.

Old 02-28-2023, 08:10 PM

13,650 posts, read 4,960,785 times
Quote:
I don't have a tribal mentality for whites! Back in the day we were a relatively new country with plentiful jobs and resources for everyone, not so today. Europeans weren't looking to re-conquer land that they no longer had a claim on. Most of the European immigrants came here legally they didn't come here illegally and show up at our border making bogus asylum claims either. Learn to know the difference!
We still have plentiful jobs (unemployment <4%!)

When my ancestors came over from Germany, they not only were let in without quotas, they were given 160 acres of prime farmland, for free! Oh, never mind that land was stolen from the Indians in the first place! Most Mexicans have some native American blood, so if they came up here and took over the land, I guess that would be poetic justice.

Old 03-01-2023, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
We still have plentiful jobs (unemployment <4%!)

When my ancestors came over from Germany, they not only were let in without quotas, they were given 160 acres of prime farmland, for free! Oh, never mind that land was stolen from the Indians in the first place! Most Mexicans have some native American blood, so if they came up here and took over the land, I guess that would be poetic justice.
No land was stolen that didn't belong to anyone. Everyone had a right to migrate here hundreds of years ago as there were no immigration laws in place. Get a grip, will you! You are comparing a long time ago when we were barely a developed country with plentiful jobs and resources for everyone to today?
We were in need of manual laborers back then and were sparsely populated, not so today! We established this country with immigration laws long ago. What part of that, don't you get?

The tribal ancestors of the Mexicans settled below our border not in the U.S. Those tribes that settled within our borders we have a treaty with and are full fledged U.S. citizens unlike those born in Mexico and not in the U.S. Poetic justice my arse! Stop living in the past for God's sake!

What plentiful jobs are you talking about? Those that don't pay a liveable wage? We don't need immigrants for them we should only allow in immigrants with the necessary skills that we actually need not the poor, uneducated and unskilled who end up being a tax burden on our society!

In keeping with the topic at hand there is rarely a Latino congress person of either party that doesn't support amnesty for their ethnic group here illegally and open borders for them. Why don't you address that? It's a tribal mentality that is not in the best interests or our society and country as a whole.

Old 03-01-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Don't care if you think I'm racist. But somehow I'm woke too???

Immigrants create demand for new services, therefore creating new jobs. Ever notice that immigrant heavy places like NY, SF, Boston, LA have higher salaries and lower unemployment than low immigrant communities in West Virginia?

The economic structure of this country hasn't changed one bit from Latin immigration. We have the same private property rights, the same innovation, and the same financial system, none of which resemble anything you'd see in Central America. Unfortunately, we do still have some native born Americans who haven't had many wins in life, and blame the government, illegals, or other made up nonsense rather than themselves for their lack of success. That's not the American way, and it's kind of pathetic.
The topic is about illegal immigration not legal immigration. Read the article!

Illegal aliens have taken once good paying jobs from Americans such as in the construction industry, etc. They cost us over $100 billion a year and put added stress on our natural and social resources. They commit felony ID theft and/or tax evasion to work here. So yes, they are a detriment to our society. The only ones that benefit from them are the greedy employers who hire them and the Democrats in congress looking to make future voters out of them. Is that the American way?

Stop trying to justify their presence here by using a minority of Americans who are lazy, in drugs and aren't successes in life while most Americans don't fit that scenario. That's just plain lame and dishonest!

Old 03-01-2023, 09:36 AM

6,825 posts, read 14,057,155 times
"No land was stolen that didn't belong to anyone."

Once I read that line I knew the rest would be BS.

Old 03-01-2023, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrolgdol View Post
A couple of things here:

First, does the OP realize that not all the immigrants coming through the border are Latin Americans? I was just watching a video from Peter Santenello who was at the border and he interviewed an entire Indian family trying to get to the US through Mexico. More than 10 people at the time. Why is the OP ignoring this?

Second, how many decades have we been dealing with these border issues? Republican and Democrat presidents have come and gone and no one has fixed the problem.

Why? Maybe because they don't want it to be fixed.

Whites will be a minority soon, Spanish will be more important than now and there is nothing we can do about it,.we should just embrace these changes.
Of course I am aware of that. However, 80% of illegals crossing our border or that are here illegally are Latinos and that's a fact!

Embrace an unnatural and unlawful transformation of our demographics, identifying culture and language? Not on your life and yes, we can and will do something about it!

Old 03-01-2023, 01:34 PM

38,034 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Salazar is among a handful of Republicans pushing back against a sweeping proposal being considered in the House that would restrict asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border.

“We understand that immigrants want to come and live in the promised land,” Salazar said in a recent interview. “Orderly legal immigration is good for the country and good for District 27.”

Rep. Tony Gonzales of Texas, a Mexican American Republican whose district covers a long portion of the U.S-Mexico border from El Paso to San Antonio, has been even bolder, calling the legislation “anti-immigrant.”

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2023/fe...s-immigration/

I wonder what part of we have to limit the number of asylum seekers we allow into our country that these Hispanics don't understand? I wonder what part of the fact that 80% of these asylum seekers are making bogus claims that these Hispanics don't understand? How is that being "anti-immigrant?

Let's face it is is just the typical tribal mentality by these Hispanics. Gonzales is also pushing for amnesty for those here illegally. Have Whites, Blacks, Asians, etc. ever pushed for unlimited immigration for their racial/ethnic groups?
Immigration in the USA is in such a terrible state, that we need to halt any and all new immigration for a few years. The people who are already in the immigration process to become a naturalized citizen or get a green card should be allowed to finish. But no more new immigrants, no more refugees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies