Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2023, 11:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Why does a woman have to justify her personal medical decisions to you?
She doesn't.
BUT...it seems you have intentionally left out the other Living Human Being involved in the equation.
The wanton killing of Innocent other Human Beings does not qualify as a "personal medical decision".
The Pro Choice to Kill Gestating Babies crew just try to call it that so the evil & depraved can execute living prenatal Human Beings with impunity.
Visiting death upon Gestating Babies by the thousands per day is not something any decent & civilized society allows to occur by labeling such heinous acts "Medical" or "Healthcare".
Fortunately...we have a SCOTUS that just corrected the horrible Roe VS Wade decision.
And, hopefully soon, they will rule to grant Gestating Human Beings "Personhood" status. .and all the rights and protections under The Constitution.
Then, that will settle the matter, both State & Federal.
Full penalties for violators.

Old 03-31-2023, 12:44 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Fortunately...we have a SCOTUS that just corrected the horrible Roe VS Wade decision.
And, hopefully soon, they will rule to grant Gestating Human Beings "Personhood" status. .and all the rights and protections under The Constitution.
Then, that will settle the matter, both State & Federal.
Full penalties for violators.
So, in your misogynist dystopian hellhole fantasy, what would happen if a vulnerable, scared, 18 year old girl took an abortion pill, as soon as she realized she was pregnant? She would be considered by the legal system to be a murderer, and get a life sentence in prison? That's, the same thing as if she gunned down someone?

Or, what if she was a drug addict, and her drug usage caused her to miscarry an embryo? Same? Prison?

I could keep going with these potential scenarios. What if a pregnant woman was drinking alcohol, or something that could endanger the fetus? Cops would have a right to kick in the door and potentially shoot her, I guess? Because that would be the equivalent of someone harming a kid? I mean, it's just... asinine.

It seems like the result would be that women would essentially become subservient to the fetus. Their bodies would become the state's property, in effect. Or they would become second class citizens who would lose their entire autonomy as a freaking human being, just because a condom accidentally broke or something.

Old 03-31-2023, 01:56 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
So, in your misogynist dystopian hellhole fantasy, what would happen if a vulnerable, scared, 18 year old girl took an abortion pill, as soon as she realized she was pregnant? She would be considered by the legal system to be a murderer, and get a life sentence in prison? That's, the same thing as if she gunned down someone?

Or, what if she was a drug addict, and her drug usage caused her to miscarry an embryo? Same? Prison?

I could keep going with these potential scenarios. What if a pregnant woman was drinking alcohol, or something that could endanger the fetus? Cops would have a right to kick in the door and potentially shoot her, I guess? Because that would be the equivalent of someone harming a kid? I mean, it's just... asinine.

It seems like the result would be that women would essentially become subservient to the fetus. Their bodies would become the state's property, in effect. Or they would become second class citizens who would lose their entire autonomy as a freaking human being, just because a condom accidentally broke or something.
I have addressed this many times:
I make reasonable exceptions, allowances, & compromise.
For cases of Rape/Incest, Life Risk of the Mother, Fatal Defect in the Gestating Baby, Abortifacient Birth Control, and Fertility Assistance Work in IVF Clinics.
That is what I think is a good standard...and still preserves the vast, vast majority that have "attached/implanted" and are growing.

You seem to forget that abortion was not allowed in the U.S. much longer than it has been.
None of the "asinine" things you noted happened.
Though, responsibilities for any derivatives due to one's self-imposed condition would be reasonable.
A civilized & decent Society typically has rules that proscribes even the risk of harming others...let alone actually harming/killing them...that's why it is a crime to operate a vehicle if you have been drinking. Do you protest that makes people's bodies "the State's property"?

Right now Mothers are killing their Gestating Babies at a rate of 2000+ PER DAY. So, you can save the worries about the Mothers being harmed in the equation.

Old 03-31-2023, 06:23 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Think what you like and I will feel free to do the same. Women who unintentionally become pregnant via consensual sex are not victims.
I never said women were victims for unintentionally becoming pregnant.
I agree some women may feel victimized by a pregnancy when she does not have the choice to terminate it. And by no choice I mean subject to new state laws that create such a hardship to do so it may be impossible for her.

Think what you like but the entire point of having sex isn't getting pregnant.

Old 03-31-2023, 06:27 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I never said women were victims for unintentionally becoming pregnant.
I agree some women may feel victimized by a pregnancy when she does not have the choice to terminate it. And by no choice I mean subject to new state laws that create such a hardship to do so it may be impossible for her.

Think what you like but the entire point of having sex isn't getting pregnant.
I know that the reason why most people have sex is not to get pregnant but rather because it feels good which is something nature designed smartly so humans would have sex and reproduce. If people are unaware that they might get pregnant when they have sex, they are really not very bright. I know that an unintentional pregnancy would be upsetting but it should not be so shocking that one feels “victimized’ because they got pregnant doing the very thing that they knew could very well cause pregnancy.

Saying that women feel victimized by a pregnancy is the same as saying they are victims in my view.

I dont agree with a six week limit because I don’t think it gives women enough time to even know that they are pregnant. But if you live in a place with such bans, you will need to have a plan because crying that you are a victim will not help you.

Old 03-31-2023, 06:52 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I know that the reason why most people have sex is not to get pregnant but rather because it feels good which is something nature designed smartly so humans would have sex and reproduce. If people are unaware that they might get pregnant when they have sex, they are really not very bright. I know that an unintentional pregnancy would be upsetting but it should not be so shocking that one feels “victimized’ because they got pregnant doing the very thing that they knew could very well cause pregnancy.

Saying that women feel victimized by a pregnancy is the same as saying they are victims in my view.
You did state the entire point of having sex was to get pregnant. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

You honestly think the reason there are unintentional pregnancies is because people are not aware of how pregnancy occurs.

Sex is not always desirable yet people do it to conceive.
I not pretentious enough tell others how they can feel.

Old 03-31-2023, 07:05 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You did state the entire point of having sex was to get pregnant. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

You honestly think the reason there are unintentional pregnancies is because people are not aware of how pregnancy occurs.

Sex is not always desirable yet people do it to conceive.
I not pretentious enough tell others how they can feel.
“From a biological standpoint”.

I think there is a misunderstanding but that’s ok.

Carry on. I am not interested in arguing with you.

Old 03-31-2023, 07:08 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,339,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Why does a woman have to justify her personal medical decisions to you?
Wrong thread. What are you talking about?

Old 03-31-2023, 07:29 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Anytime you get pregnant and give birth, there is a risk to the mother's health. You just posted it there. And it's a lot more than .017%

US maternal death rate rose sharply in 2021, CDC data shows, and experts worry the problem is getting worse

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/16/healt....8%20in%202020.
A lot more? NO. Do the math. According to that data, the maternal death rate is only 0.03%. Less then 1/3 of 1/10th of a percent.

Here's the comparison, per year:
Maternal deaths - 1,205
Convenience abortions - 914,000

See the difference? Women are WAY over-killing gestating babies compared to the actual risks to women.

Old 03-31-2023, 07:36 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Really? Do we really have to keep going over all this 20 times? Haven't we already typed these exact same things to each other enough, in this thread? I can go copy paste the last few times we had this little exchange, if that helps.

Biologically alive =/= a person's life.
It's not a dead human. It's a human LIFE.

Quote:
Not always the same thing. Life, even that is classified as of the species human, does not therefore always mean a human being is present, which, is a person, that is human.
Let's go with your definition and follow it through to its logical conclusion. Your claim is that a human that has no consciousness/sentience/awareness is not a live person. Ergo, an unconscious human or one in a coma is not a live person. That's what you're claiming. Are you sure you want to go with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies