Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:43 PM

408 posts, read 696,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Gay people are still people and should be respected. Thats not what I am trying to say.

I am trying to say that a man wanting to have sex with another man is not normal. It may be fun and all that for them to do, sure. The love between them is there and all that is fine. No issues there.

What I am saying is that is is a disease or a disorder. It is not normal, it just so happens its accepted in society now.

Are you all saying that you absolutely dont agree?
Don't Agree.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:45 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
Nice. Comparing people to inanimate objects, and busted one's at that! This is absolutely ridiculous. People that are gay are not defective, they are PEOPLE. I can see that this might be hard for you to understand. A cure?! Ha! Because people being gay is such a problem that we should spend millions of research dollars on trying to turn them straight instead of Oh I don't know...AIDS, Cancer!
You did not read in to this right. I did not say that Gay people are defective. I am saying that being gay is not natural. Dont shoot me I am just pointing out the facts.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:46 PM

409 posts, read 1,505,324 times
Quote:
Sometimes you can buy a brand new TV in the store, take it home and plug it in and it doesnt work. Is that normal? No, it happens as this could of been an oversite at the factory quality control or damaged during shipping. Accidents happen. TV is designed to work right out of the box, sometimes like the examples I just gave, they dont.

The same thing happens with human births. Every now and then a child is born with an extra limb or something missing or some sort of birth defect like being gay or lesbian. We dont know why this happens yet. Of course we cant take them back. We have to love the kids as parents no matter what. But the point is that it is NOT normal and should not be glorified. One day there will be a "cure".

Whether you believe in God or not. After all, we as humans are designed to reproduce, are we not?

This point of view has nothing to do with political or religious views. It is just logical thinking. Prove me wrong if you disagree.
I think science has proven that it is just a natural phenomenon that we are not even close to figuring out why it is the way it is. Keyword- NATURAL. Sorry buddy, but scientists have never classified homosexuality as a birth defect and they removed it from the list of mental disorders almost as soon as homosexuals really started coming out of the closet.

Sometimes humans think they are smarter than nature, and if we can figure something out then it must be WRONG or IMMORAL, right? I call this nature.

But congratulations on starting a thread that has already been started a thousand times. I bet you feel great having all these people respond to your weird comparison of homosexuals to TVs. At least it is not pedophiles this time, or at least not yet.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:49 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Gay people are still people and should be respected. Thats not what I am trying to say.

I am trying to say that a man wanting to have sex with another man is not normal. It may be fun and all that for them to do, sure. The love between them is there and all that is fine. No issues there.

What I am saying is that is is a disease or a disorder. It is not normal, it just so happens its accepted in society now.

Are you all saying that you absolutely dont agree?
Hmmmm, yep that's what I'm saying. I'm sorry, but have you even noticed the direction tv & movies have gone now, not to mention commercials as well? Yes, I've seen it w/my very own eyes, gay guys having a kiss in a D&G commercial, on mainstream tv!!! Fancy that! So yes, I'm sorry, but if your "theory" that being gay is considered "defunctional", I don't think TV & movie execs & also the american public would would lap that idea right up & turn it into some enjoyable viewing.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:49 PM

408 posts, read 696,054 times
Quote:
You did not read in to this right. I did not say that Gay people are defective. I am saying that being gay is not natural. Dont shoot me I am just pointing out the facts.
You are not pointing out any facts, it is not a fact that being gay is not natural. For I will heartily disagree. You are stating your opinion.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:52 PM

409 posts, read 1,505,324 times
Quote:
Sorry, but you don't decide what is natural or not. I will side with mother nature since she has hundreds of species engaging in homosexual relationships documented by scientists.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
I think science has proven that it is just a natural phenomenon that we are not even close to figuring out why it is the way it is. Keyword- NATURAL. Sorry buddy, but scientists have never classified homosexuality as a birth defect and they removed it from the list of mental disorders almost as soon as homosexuals really started coming out of the closet.

Sometimes humans think they are smarter than nature, and if we can figure something out then it must be WRONG or IMMORAL, right? I call this nature.

But congratulations on starting a thread that has already been started a thousand times. I bet you feel great having all these people respond to your weird comparison of homosexuals to TVs. At least it is not pedophiles this time, or at least not yet.
Dont believe everything you see or hear. It is not a "phenomenon". A phenomenon would be a tornado or ESP etc.

I am just saying that being a homosexual does not serve any natural purpose. I am only talking about what they do with their penises. Gay people are wonderful contributors to society. I am not saying that they are evil or should be harmed or anything of the sort.

You are reading into this wrong. Maybe its a phenomenon that you read this wrong.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:54 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
You did not read in to this right. I did not say that Gay people are defective.
Quote:
Every now and then a child is born with an extra limb or something missing or some sort of birth defect like being gay or lesbian.
You have short-term memory.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
Sorry, but you don't decide what is natural or not. I will side with mother nature since she has hundreds of species engaging in homosexual relationships documented by scientists.
OK, I agree with you. I don't decide what is natural or not. I just point it out.

By the way, anyone can be a scientist. You dont have to have a degree.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You have short-term memory.

So what is the natural purpose of being gay in terms of sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies