Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2023, 08:47 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This happened last September but only coming to light recently after the grievance procedures.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we seem to keep reading about these kinds of things going on in our schools. This is the woke trash they indoctrinate students with, while students from other countries continue to kick our butts in science and math.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/latina...chool-students

Quote:
A formerly "woke" Latina mother has engaged in a nearly six-month battle with a Texas public school after a teacher played a game with students asking them to pose as "seducing hookers."

On Sept 2, 2022, a teacher in a Social Emotional Learning class at KIPP Poder Academy, a public charter school, taught a role-playing game to students called Bear-Hunter-Hooker, an adult drinking game version of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

The seventh-grade students were asked to strike a pose in front of class as a "seducing hooker" with one hand on their hip and another behind their ear, a hunter, pointing an imaginary gun and a scary bear with its paws up. The object of the game is to show control over the pose struck by their peer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CIcCiSviTs
What exactly does this have to do with “woke”?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2023, 09:22 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Oh yeah, real funny. About as funny as someone skinning your new pet puppy alive. Only a psychopath would find it funny.

The US "education industry" needs to be gutted, burned to the ground, and rebuilt; just as the federal government does.
Don’t blame it on the US education system. Blame the state. States have their own requirements for educating their teachers.

Old 03-20-2023, 09:30 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Sorry, but it’s funny. Appropriate for school? Not really. But it’s not the end of the world either. Tell the teacher to knock it off, and if she does it again, then fire her. But no one is going to turn into a hooker, or a bear, or a hunter, because of this silly game.
By your own words you should not be entertained by it's inappropriateness.

Old 03-20-2023, 10:36 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,697,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
By your own words you should not be entertained by it's inappropriateness.
If you saw the things ive seen in my 30 year career, you’d laugh at this too. I once had a kid dig in his booty and throw feces at me. Completely inappropriate… and gross, but I laugh at it now. And the world went on. In the whole scheme if things, this is pretty small potatoes. As another poster pointed out, there are far bigger issues to be upset about in schools than this. This is just a stupid teacher trying to play a game in class.

Old 03-21-2023, 03:00 AM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
If you saw the things ive seen in my 30 year career, you’d laugh at this too. I once had a kid dig in his booty and throw feces at me. Completely inappropriate… and gross, but I laugh at it now. And the world went on. In the whole scheme if things, this is pretty small potatoes. As another poster pointed out, there are far bigger issues to be upset about in schools than this. This is just a stupid teacher trying to play a game in class.
Righties get outraged about "nothing" stories all the time on here. However, there is a bit to this story to be riled about. I suppose in this case it's the "pretending to be a hooker"... because there is certainly NOTHING wrong with pretending to have a gun and aiming it at a pretend bear... The righties have already told us that in similar instances that have occurred where some poor innocent kid pretends his hand is a gun.

So let them get jacked up about the kids emulating "little hussies"... but remind them that they need to be ready to defend the little "bear hunters" from the commie libs who don't like that finger pointing gun play.

Old 03-21-2023, 03:33 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
What exactly is the purpose of this game and what is being taught? Totally inappropriate and since it happened in 2 classrooms - seems the teachers must have consulted on the days lesson plan.

Old 03-21-2023, 03:39 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
No it isn't. These are 12 year-olds.
Yep, bad enough that so many in society sexualize these poor young girls, this is a sickness that is destroying many young girls.

Old 03-21-2023, 07:02 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
What exactly is the purpose of this game and what is being taught? Totally inappropriate and since it happened in 2 classrooms - seems the teachers must have consulted on the days lesson plan.
That is what I would like to know. It said The object of the game is to show control over the pose struck by their peer. I still dont get it.

Old 03-21-2023, 07:08 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This happened last September but only coming to light recently after the grievance procedures.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we seem to keep reading about these kinds of things going on in our schools. This is the woke trash they indoctrinate students with, while students from other countries continue to kick our butts in science and math.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/latina...chool-students

Quote:
A formerly "woke" Latina mother has engaged in a nearly six-month battle with a Texas public school after a teacher played a game with students asking them to pose as "seducing hookers."

On Sept 2, 2022, a teacher in a Social Emotional Learning class at KIPP Poder Academy, a public charter school, taught a role-playing game to students called Bear-Hunter-Hooker, an adult drinking game version of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

The seventh-grade students were asked to strike a pose in front of class as a "seducing hooker" with one hand on their hip and another behind their ear, a hunter, pointing an imaginary gun and a scary bear with its paws up. The object of the game is to show control over the pose struck by their peer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CIcCiSviTs
So these barely out of college teachers teach students an adult drinking game? I’m not surprised anymore. SMH

Old 03-21-2023, 07:24 AM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Reported it to whom? The police?
Everyone. I told the superintendent first. He said it didn't happen. I wrote to the broad of education and they said they didn't investigate things. I wrote to the AG and the detective they sent told me the statute of limitations had expired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies