Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2023, 10:23 AM

21,830 posts, read 25,102,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
This guy apparently doesn’t think he deserves the punishment at all. After all, she’ll be walking in a year and already got $230,000 on her GoFundMe.

What a maroon. I don’t think he understands how much medical costs she’s going to rack up with surgeries and rehabilitation. Luckily she’s in Houston, and we have some of the finest hospitals in the world. I hope she actually does walk within a year.

They need to throw the book at him.

I wonder what’s in all his “lives” on social media? I bet it’s a whole bunch of crimes. Hopefully the police can recover the videos even if his friends delete them from social media. I think this guy thinks when you delete something on a phone or computer it’s just gone, but it doesn’t work that way. And he didn’t get a chance to delete anything from his phone because the police confiscated it.
Just how he's been taught.

He was out on catch and release for a previous armed robbery at the time of the current one. While there's still some bail, judge more than cut it in half. Rather fortunately it seems his family can't afford it so he's still in jail bragging to jailhouse snitches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2023, 10:43 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
I have never heard of jugging before I read this.
Is this a new term for black on Asian hate crime?

I think 20 years is a good starting point when it comes to consider sentencing.
Maybe tossing in a few more years for his lack of remorse wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Black on Asian violence will continue until it is properly dealt with instead of slapping the bad guys wrists that seems to do nothing.
These seem to mainly be strong larger Black males attacking small weaker Asian females.
Why does this continue to be a thing?
These attacks make it seem to me that those in charge do not value the lives and safety of our Asian victims.
Why is that?
Why is this allowed to continue?

Old 03-25-2023, 10:49 AM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post

I think 20 years is a good starting point when it comes to consider sentencing.
Maybe tossing in a few more years for his lack of remorse wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Black on Asian violence will continue until it is properly dealt with instead of slapping the bad guys wrists that seems to do nothing.
These seem to mainly be strong larger Black males attacking small weaker Asian females.
Why does this continue to be a thing?
These attacks make it seem to me that those in charge do not value the lives and safety of our Asian victims.
Why is that?
Why is this allowed to continue?

It's simply a matter of opportunity I think. Asians tend to live in densely populated cities particularly on the left coast, and they tend not to carry weapons to defend themselves. If they are by themselves, than then they become a very tempting target for criminals.

It's important to keep in mind, black on black crime is far more prevalent and common compared to black on Asian crime. The "usual" victim of these types of attacks are other blacks. Most thieves don't care about the race of the victim. They just want to steal anything they can get away with.

Old 03-25-2023, 10:50 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Let him out. I say it’s high time we brought back street justice.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:10 AM

6,640 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Nothing to do with asian or any race.

Jugging means they scope you out. Observe you going to the atm, then follow you and strike. sometimes much farther from the place.

I think it is a silly word. Its robbery and assault. I guess people like trendy terms.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:30 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
This monster was out on “reduced” bail for two other violent crimes — shouldn’t the judge/DA or whoever keeps letter these violent criminals out have to pay consequences????

Old 03-25-2023, 11:33 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Jugging or a mugging? What is a jugging?

Old 03-25-2023, 11:46 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I can understand a number of reforms like requiring body cams to cut down on abuses or no bail for non-serial, non-violent offenders.

It's the OTHER stuff that got tacked on that bothers me.

The other big consideration is that I think with the backlog of Covid cases that a lot of prosecutors just started taking plea deals left and right to clear the cases out.
Do you vote based on that? - unless you vote for those who stand for crime = time, then you're really just supporting those who stand for lesser sentences = equity.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:48 AM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
A little more information, and comments from his attorney.

This article states he is 19, not 17, so who knows. 17 is an adult, anyway, in Texas courts.

https://abc13.com/joseph-harrell-hou...yzed/13007643/
The Harris County District Clerk site shows his birth date as 3/30/2005. He's 17, turns 18 next week.

He's not out on bail, as his family couldn't raise it. If he gets out on bail he has to wear a GPS monitor is on 24 hour house arrest, so can't leave wherever he lives.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:50 AM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I can understand a number of reforms like requiring body cams to cut down on abuses or no bail for non-serial, non-violent offenders.

It's the OTHER stuff that got tacked on that bothers me.

The other big consideration is that I think with the backlog of Covid cases that a lot of prosecutors just started taking plea deals left and right to clear the cases out.
The Harris County DA said last week that there were 52 murder trials last year. There are 521 defendants charged with murder, so that's a 10 year backlog. Harris County needs more courts, but the Legislature has to create them, the County can't do it alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies