Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 07:00 AM

20,019 posts, read 20,822,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But yet same types will blindly go to Popeyes Chicken because they used a Black woman in their advertising but yet it's a White guy that created and owns the franchise.
Jews. Just like Taco Bell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2023, 07:12 AM

6,535 posts, read 7,115,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Smart man. I once read about a low level political candidate (white) who sent mailers out that had images of black people on it. He won the election due to the help of black people.
I got a mailer before my city council elections from a male gay ex military republican, I can only imagine the heads that exploded!

Old 03-27-2023, 07:14 AM

10,439 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
is this racist?
In a sense. It's what I've been saying about all these movies, Disney especially, that are taking classically white characters and putting a Black face on them, and was like, isn't this a form of racism? I'm starting to wonder if it's an inside joke among the elite to see how many people will fall for it. Good news, most Black people don't care. Just because the character has a Black face doesn't mean that a Black American is going to have any relation to this person. Heck, it's probably why I like the Ninja Turtles over Cinderella. I have way more in common with them than I would Cinderella.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:19 AM

6,535 posts, read 7,115,401 times
Here’s Jimmy Kimmel, he’s done more of these Karl Malone skits than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPbefau2Zc

Old 03-27-2023, 08:17 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
is this racist?

The definition of racism is in a constant state of flux.

It bends space and time to keep itself aligned with whatever the Democrats narrative du jour says.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:06 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,046,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
CNN has its losest ratings in over 30 years. People are sick of their crap
They so desesperate for ratings, they'll do anything to get higher ratings than Yogi Bear reruns.

Btw, there's some vlogs who talk of CNN latest publicity stunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgUoqSbjKUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLoHPvQIUQ

CNN wanted to get some attention but I think they was surprised to see then the ransom of glory was more bigger than they expected.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:10 PM

25,684 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I always wondered why a black person...straightening their hair....and bleaching it blonde

....was not cultural appropriation
It is. But hypocrites have a very hard time understanding hypocrisy.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:31 PM

13,406 posts, read 9,940,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What is digital blackface? White people posting memes that feature black people.

What’s ‘digital blackface?’ And why is it wrong when White people use it?

Maybe you shared that viral video of Kimberly “Sweet Brown” Wilkins telling a reporter after narrowly escaping an apartment fire, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”

If you’re Black and you’ve shared such images online, you get a pass. But if you’re White, you may have inadvertently perpetuated one of the most insidious forms of contemporary racism.

You may be wearing “digital blackface.”

Digital blackface is a practice where White people co-opt online expressions of Black imagery, slang, catchphrases or culture to convey comic relief or express emotions.

critics say digital blackface is wrong because it’s a modern-day repackaging of minstrel shows, a racist form of entertainment popular in the 19th century. That’s when White actors, faces darkened with burnt cork, entertained audiences by playing Black characters as bumbling, happy-go-lucky simpletons. That practice continued in the 20th century on hit radio shows such as “Amos ‘n’ Andy.”

Just when you think it can't get any stupider...

Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben's, Cream of Wheat were obviously ahead of the curve in removing their images.
Oh good lawd.

What a bunch of absolute rubbish.

Ffs.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:32 PM

13,406 posts, read 9,940,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
it must be quite exhausting to put so much thought into your memes
Agreed. Sheesh.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:46 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
If black people didn't play into it just as hard, he might have a point.

Although there were a few real black performers who painted their faces "extra" black in order to be permitted to perform, black people themselves were never entertained by minstrel shows and always found them demeaning.

And that's a big difference that makes using those kinds of memes not the same thing as minstrel shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies