Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 07:05 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Agreed. The Progressives really need to stop focussing on a disorder that affects only a very tiny percentage of Americans. I think it's fine to acknowledge that they exist and that people should be kind but all this childish "pronoun" stuff and forcing the teacher to call a boy a girl and firing people at work if they don't follow these loony rules--it's doing more harm than good. Just leave it alone! I agree with most of the other Democratic stances but not this looniness.
Here we agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2023, 07:23 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Trans Day of vengeance sounds violent. Are they going to physically assault biological women like they did recently at the Let Women Speak event in New Zealand?
It evokes visions of The Dark Knight Rises.

Ordinary people have become too passive while the fringe has become too violent, enabled by the left that seeks to become elitist puppet masters. This will come to a head if it is not corrected at some point.

Old 03-27-2023, 08:11 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of trans people are suffering from undiagnosed/misdiagnosed mental illnesses.

But hey, as long as they get the pronouns correct, that's what the big story is here.

The LGBTQ+/%= community is definitely the biggest threat to society. Much like a Snickers bar, they are filled with nuts.
Six more innocent victims, sacrificed on the altar of the woke agenda! Telling people who are clearly suffering from mental illness that their brains are actually just fine and it is their body that is, in fact, “wrong” is both cruel AND dangerous! Pouring SSRIs and hormones into someone who is already in a fragile mental state is akin pulling the pin on a hand grenade but evidently we’re not allowed to mention that fact and instead are supposed to celebrate how many people have had their bodies mutilated and their mental illness untreated.. because, progress? Those who are taught they are Victims are out for revenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
A Day of Vengeance meeting in front of the Supreme Court?!?

https://twitter.com/ThePoliticalPom/...969004034?s=20
We can only hope that somebody leaks the name of the next targeted Children’s school that will provide the “Day of Vengeance “.

Old 03-27-2023, 08:38 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
if I understood the news today..this was a biological female who was/is a trans-male
It was very confusing. Here in Nashville it was on the news all afternoon and evening, and it seemed like they were being intentionally vague and confusing. They were saying the person was transgender, but they werent us8ng the terminology I thought was currently correct. I'm 99% certain that the shooter was a person born a male, who transitioned to female (using the name Audrey), but some of this person's social media listed "he/him" as pronouns.

The news anchors were calling the shooter a transgender female. I'm not sure if I ever heard the anchors say the word "woman." And I was confused in light of a very recent thread here on CD. Someone "educated" me on the "fact" that nowadays, female and male are the terms to use when referring to the sex someone is genetically, the sex they were born as at birth, whereas "man" or "woman" is the gender they identify with, that can be "fluid."

I guess the Nashville news anchors didn't get that memo. Or perhaps the newfangled definitions and terminology isn't as ironclad as some posters here claim.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:35 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
The irony that they chose April Fool’s Day for a protest to get people to take them seriously.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:51 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The irony that they chose April Fool’s Day for a protest to get people to take them seriously.

Old 03-27-2023, 10:25 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,135 times
The thing about liberal activists is that they only riot and protest in liberal cities. They behave themselves in conservative areas because they'll face the consequences of their bad behavior. They can have their day of vengeance. The only people who will suffer will be other liberals.

Old 03-27-2023, 10:31 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
The thing about liberal activists is that they only riot and protest in liberal cities. They behave themselves in conservative areas because they'll face the consequences of their bad behavior. They can have their day of vengeance. The only people who will suffer will be other liberals.
And what consequences would they face in conservative areas.

Old 03-28-2023, 12:29 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Sadly we just saw this play out in Nashville.

What we have is the left creating another "pro-hate but perpetual victim group" to further divide this country.

Old 03-28-2023, 01:53 AM

7,375 posts, read 3,536,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And what consequences would they face in conservative areas.
weird looks and people wondering what spectacle is before them.

i live in a very small, rural, and very conservative town in the middle of nowhere. every year our downtown has a street fair which attracts people from other places. pretty much everyone looks like the people we love to hate (white, middle aged, conservative types). then there were these 2 young ladies with dyed hair, punkish clothing, and wearing their “im a liberal” signs (masks, pride pins, rainbow attire). they stuck out like a sore thumb. they walked past us and i turn around to say to my spouse “did you see those liberals?” but before i could finish my sentence apparently everyone else was thinking the same thing: “look at ‘em liberals” this one guy in back of me says “yeah, we all saw em!” with a big toothless grin.

no one bothered them, no one made fun of them to their face. they were merely spectacles/rarities which brought negative attention to themselves. in Greenwich Village or LA it wouldn’t have been a second look. to avoid odd looks, it’s important to blend in. if you see me you would never guess i am originally from northern NJ. i assimilated to where i live in terms of how i present myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies