Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2023, 01:06 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,186,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Everyone has lawyers, they know how it all works or could work. Come on. I bet my bottom dollar, from all Ronnie has been doing, that he was advised things could go differently than what he planned.
It’s interesting how you continue to assume he doesn’t know what he’s doing or is breaking a law, yet no such thing has happened to prove it…just because DeSantis and you don’t like what he does.

Old 03-31-2023, 01:14 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s interesting how you continue to assume he doesn’t know what he’s doing or is breaking a law, yet no such thing has happened to prove it…just because DeSantis and you don’t like what he does.
Did I say broke the law? Nope. Can I think? Absolutely… do I like what he does? No, not 90% of the time., are we clear on my personal views? Back to the subject…Disney

Old 03-31-2023, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Did I say broke the law? Nope. Can I think? Absolutely… do I like what he does? No, not 90% of the time., are we clear on my personal views? Back to the subject…Disney
Right, Disney, he’s done nothing wrong in regards to Disney and he obviously knows what he’s doing in regards to Disney. Why do you assume things are going differently than he planned?

Old 03-31-2023, 01:28 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Turns out, Disney did this in a very visible way almost a year ago, all the way up to January and February of this year. None of this was secret. What this appears to be is a classic example of caring more about the culture war than actual governing.

"Public acts like this have to be done in public. If you’ve ever been involved in local town government you know this. And Florida has particularly robust public notice laws. So this was all done in plain sight. Obviously local governing board meetings don’t get carried live on Fox and CNN. But this has been a big effort by the DeSantis administration. And well … they’re the state government. So “who follows local government board meetings!” really isn’t an excuse that cuts it for them. They just weren’t paying attention."

DeSantis Had 10 Months To See What Disney Was Up To
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...sney-was-up-to
Exactly. Disney did nothing illegal and took no steps to hide what they were doing. Even reporters following the story on this new Board didn’t attend the public meeting where the change was passed. And it was passed 19 days before DeSantis’ hand picked cronies took it over.

I applaud the Disney lawyers for their awesome idea to remove most of the power from the DeSantis’ Board. It’s the same move 3 GOP States made when a Democratic Governor was elected so turn about is fair play. I especially got a kick out of them locking it down in perpetuity until 21 years after the last descendent of King Charles III dies. Disney is a Kingdom indeed.

Old 03-31-2023, 01:35 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Exactly. Disney did nothing illegal and took no steps to hide what they were doing. Even reporters following the story on this new Board didn’t attend the public meeting where the change was passed. And it was passed 19 days before DeSantis’ hand picked cronies took it over.

I applaud the Disney lawyers for their awesome idea to remove most of the power from the DeSantis’ Board. It’s the same move 3 GOP States made when a Democratic Governor was elected so turn about is fair play. I especially got a kick out of them locking it down in perpetuity until 21 years after the last descendent of King Charles III dies. Disney is a Kingdom indeed.
Yeah, the King Charles part made me laugh. I think it was only about current descendents, if I remember, but the youngest is almost 2 so this buys them about 100 years at least.

Old 03-31-2023, 01:40 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Right, Disney, he’s done nothing wrong in regards to Disney and he obviously knows what he’s doing in regards to Disney. Why do you assume things are going differently than he planned?
Not just Disney… all his non common sense plans since got re-elected . But you are free to continue kissing his feet. But don’t contradict me, in my right to my opinion based on the information I see. Don’t like the info, feel free to block me. Easier .

Here’s only 3 reasons… got more.

GIFFORDS: DeSantis’s Permitless Push Backfires, Poll Numbers Crater

New Fox News poll shows DeSantis losing ground as he pushes radical plan to abolish training & background check requirements for concealed carry

MARCH 30, 2023

https://myactivity.google.com/produc...n=autocomplete

DeSantis sees strategy backfire as Republicans erupt over swipe at Ukraine allies
https://www.express.co.uk/news/us/17...-GOP-fury-dxus

Roy S. Johnson: Gov. Ron DeSantis' people-as-political-pawns stunt backfired; it revealed our humanity

https://www.al.com/opinion/2022/09/j...-humanity.html

Old 03-31-2023, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Not just Disney… all his non common sense plans since got re-elected . But you are free to continue kissing his feet. But don’t contradict me, in my right to my opinion based on the information I see. Don’t like the info, feel free to block me. Easier .

Here’s only 3 reasons… got more.

GIFFORDS: DeSantis’s Permitless Push Backfires, Poll Numbers Crater

New Fox News poll shows DeSantis losing ground as he pushes radical plan to abolish training & background check requirements for concealed carry

MARCH 30, 2023

https://myactivity.google.com/produc...n=autocomplete

DeSantis sees strategy backfire as Republicans erupt over swipe at Ukraine allies
https://www.express.co.uk/news/us/17...-GOP-fury-dxus

Roy S. Johnson: Gov. Ron DeSantis' people-as-political-pawns stunt backfired; it revealed our humanity

https://www.al.com/opinion/2022/09/j...-humanity.html
I simply asked why you assume he doesn’t know what he’s doing and why you think things would go differently than he planned.

Quite the deflection as this has nothing to do with what I asked, nor does it have anything to do with his support in Florida. When did DeSantis say he was running for POTUS?

Old 03-31-2023, 02:05 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Yeah, the King Charles part made me laugh. I think it was only about current descendents, if I remember, but the youngest is almost 2 so this buys them about 100 years at least.
Last surviving descendant is what I read. I took that to mean one grand kid or great grandkid or great great grandkid etc still alive.

Here’s the wording: “It will remain in effect until 21 years “after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III,” the reigning British monarch.”

Last edited by UNC4Me; 03-31-2023 at 02:15 PM..

Old 03-31-2023, 03:17 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Regardless of when Harry's daughter passes plus 21 years we will all be gone so the next generations can worry about Disney.....

Old 03-31-2023, 04:09 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Last surviving descendant is what I read. I took that to mean one grand kid or great grandkid or great great grandkid etc still alive.

Here’s the wording: “It will remain in effect until 21 years “after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III,” the reigning British monarch.”
It's written according to a legal rule called Rule Against Perpetuities. People yet to be born can't be used as the basis, only those already alive, so it couldn't be any great grandchildren or beyond in this case, for example.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule...0was%20written.

Quote:
Specifically, the rule forbids a person from creating future interests (traditionally contingent remainders and executory interests) in property that would vest beyond 21 years after the lifetimes of those living at the time of creation of the interest, often expressed as a "life in being plus twenty-one years".
I bet they chose Charles since he is a very well known person globally, his family is generally long-lived, and he happens to have a 1 year old grandchild
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies