Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 06:45 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times

Advertisements

I see this one being appealed many times over many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2023, 07:36 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I see this one being appealed many times over many years.
I can see that happening, as well.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:44 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Screening Colonoscopy won't be required to be free of a co-pay and deductible any longer. Wonder how many people will decide not to get a colonoscopy due to the cost.
They are $1300 $2,000 min. I’ve seen higher.

Old 03-31-2023, 07:14 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Colonoscopies are being recommended for people starting now in their 40s. The incidence of colon cancers has increased over the last decade in younger adults, though why, is still being researched. Even if it is covered 100%, I'm comfortable opining that some people will not get one regardless. It's not a procedure anyone looks forward to getting. I sure didn't!
Some people choose to use Colorguard for screening, rather than get a colonoscopy. Cologuard was generally covered by insurance as a screening - free of copay/deductible.

Some people will likely skip Cologuard screening too, if they don't want to pay deductible and/or copay. Cologuard cost is around $600. Some will skip it(as well as skip a colonoscopy), and some will lose their life by not catching the cancer early enough, unfortunately. This already happens now, but with the screening no longer free, there will be even more people that skip the screening due to cost.

Old 03-31-2023, 08:33 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
All those "free" services are billed and they get paid.
And that gets passed on to consumers in their premiums.

Now this "wellness check" is a sham. You don't get a physical. You don't get bloodwork.
You get 10-15 minutes with a doctor asking you questions and then sending you on your way.

Guess how much that costs ?
Not how mine works...they do bloodwork every year on me (checking blood sugar levels, and several other issues as diabetes runs in my family).
Those free services are life savers

Old 03-31-2023, 08:39 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Prevention: Exercise and eating right. Yes, we have always practiced that, and it works! Mammograms? Probably another reason I am healthy having avoided them.
1 in 8 women will have breast cancer in her lifetime.

You can live the perfect healthy lifestyle but if you chose your parents poorly and carry the BRCA2 gene, you’re kind of screwed.

Old 03-31-2023, 08:47 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
The wellness check is a sham. It is a box checking appointment where the provider marks a bunch of boxes because insurance requires it and can use it as an excuse to cut provider reimbursement.
You have that inverted.

The Medicare Wellness is a way to reward the doc with a bonus for doing a more complete patient evaluation.

Old 03-31-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
All those "free" services are billed and they get paid.
And that gets passed on to consumers in their premiums.

Now this "wellness check" is a sham. You don't get a physical. You don't get bloodwork.
You get 10-15 minutes with a doctor asking you questions and then sending you on your way.

Guess how much that costs ?
Zero to the patient at the time of service. The Medicare Wellness exam is not a physical.

Old 03-31-2023, 08:54 AM

Quote:
The free wellness check does not go into any of your illnesses.
If you mention them you are told to make another appointment.
In my practice we typically scheduled the Wellness exam at the same time as the patients routine follow up appt. The nurse or medical assistant did the Wellness, then I did the medical check and reviewed anything that stood out from the Wellness. The Wellness reimbursement served as a bonus, since we already covered the stuff in the Wellness with most patients through the year anyway.

Old 03-31-2023, 08:58 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdad99 View Post
Once again acting in the interests of insurance companies. Who cares if people can’t afford life saving medical treatment?
That's about as accurate as someone going into the automotive forum and telling people they can put diesel fuel in non diesel engines and it will be just fine.

Insurance is one of those topics that attract people with no knowledge but absolutely certainty that what they say is correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies