Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 12:24 PM

35,696 posts, read 21,049,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Ok transgender or drag why the push on children?
Why do we have Hooters ? Or sexy cheer leaders? Have you seen any child dance competitions lately ?
I won’t repost, and also copy rights, but you should look into it. Can’t even watch a horror flic without sex. everybody’s naked at the screen awards. The kardash are always shooting promiscuous photo shots, and those are for all to see. So have you ever watched Ru Paul Drag Race series ?

Old 03-30-2023, 12:26 PM

1,265 posts, read 445,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Seriously. I've been to a drag show, and it was harmless fun. People have no idea what they're talking about.
But you are an adult not a child.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:29 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I’ve been to plenty of them as well. I’m gay. And the majority of them are not appropriate for children.

I’m not a prude and I can find humor in some of the skits, jokes, dancing, and sexual innuendo, but I wouldn’t take a 5 year-old for one of those, and I’m confused as to why some seem to think drag shows are fine for that age group.
Yeah that would confuse me as well, if it's anything like the drag show that I attended (it was at an adults only gay club that my friends were having a party at, and I'm a straight guy, and it was still a great time.)

It was definitely not for kids.

But, I think we have to be specific with what exactly we're talking about. That's an adult show. Simply seeing a man dressed in drag in public should not be harmful to a kid, I would think.

And I don't have kids, but I would think better to not over-shelter them from the brave new world they're going to be living their lives in, in this age. Things being a little weird shouldn't have to be too shocking.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:29 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,350,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do you imagine that these performers do the same show at a daytime public library as they do at a 21+ gay nightclub?

I guess you've never known any comedians. Here's a clue. They have different acts for different audiences.
In some instances, yes, or if the performers change the show, they kind of forget what’s appropriate for little kids.

For example: https://nypost.com/2022/10/18/video-...arks-backlash/

There are other videos as well. This just happens to be one of them.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:35 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
In some instances, yes, or if the performers change the show, they kind of forget what’s appropriate for little kids.

That was explicitly billed as adults only and is not at all indicative of a story hour at a library.

Quote:
The invite also comes with a disclaimer and a “viewer discretion” warning.

“This is a ticketed event at a private establishment,” the posting said.

“We believe it is the prerogative of parents/guardians to make decisions regarding the wellbeing of their children.

“If you would not allow your children to see a Rated R movie or watch TV-MA programming, this is not the event for them. Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.”

Those women with the child don't even look like they want to be there. Seems likely they just exploited the child knowingly taking her there in order to produce those outrage pictures. Filmed by a Blaze TV host.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
And I don't have kids, but I would think better to not over-shelter them from the brave new world they're going to be living their lives in, in this age. Things being a little weird shouldn't have to be too shocking.
Well, again, it depends on what is considered to be age-appropriate. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with tolerance and acceptance toward different kinds of families, for example, like for kids to be aware that there are families that could consist of two moms or two dads. My niece and nephew know that they have to uncles. However, they don’t know what we do in the bedroom, and you’d swear that some folks think they should know that!

However, the left and the transgender community are never satisfied. Instead, they demand that little kids be introduced to topics of sexuality and gender in much more detail, even though kids have plenty of time to think about those issues once they get older and can better understand them. It’s like, just let kids be kids at that age; why push these topics in their faces, in-depth. They don’t need to be prompted to question their “gender identity” at age 5.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:38 PM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
there is really no point than to convey ones kinks onto others. the parents of said minors benefit because it raises their self-esteem that they are teaching their kids to be good liberals but in reality, the age groups drag reading hour is catering to wont remember any of it when they are older which is why it is only for the performer to show their kinks off to cis-white adults. so purposeful and a good use of time, no?

Old 03-30-2023, 12:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:

Are you aware that that was a ticketed event at a restaurant where patrons were warned of “strong language and suggestive dialogue” that “may not be appropriate for all ages.”?

How is this anyone's responsibility but the parents of these kids?

I thought your side was all about free speech over censorship or "canceling."

Not to mention, every pearl-clutching video I've ever been shown proved to be a case where parents made a choice to take their children to an explicit show OR the performances were parodies by goofy straight guys trying to make some sort of stupid point.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:43 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
To promote reading, tolerance, and inclusion.

Drag is not transgenderism.
It’s because the absolute perverted creeps of our society have inserted themselves into any way they can influence children.

Why confuse innocents when .001 % of the population is afflicted with this disease?

Old 03-30-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are you aware that that was a ticketed event at a restaurant where patrons were warned of “strong language and suggestive dialogue” that “may not be appropriate for all ages.”?

How is this anyone's responsibility but the parents of these kids?

I thought your side was all about free speech over censorship or "canceling."

Not to mention, every pearl-clutching video I've ever been shown proved to be a case where parents made a choice to take their children to an explicit show OR the performances were parodies by goofy straight guys trying to make some sort of stupid point.
LOL, so full of hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies