Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 12:58 PM

10,944 posts, read 6,982,277 times

Advertisements

Probably better that the OP is here, and not over there. They tolerate a lot less fluff over there.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-31-2023 at 01:18 PM..

Old 03-31-2023, 01:30 PM

523 posts, read 271,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yes it is. You're just too blind to see it. Genocide comes in many forms. White leaders here in the USA tried to create genocide of the Native Americans by setting up health clinics that would sterilize the women so they couldn't procreate anymore.
I don’t see them sterilizing white Brits. Is there any actual evidence of a genocide other than high immigration & non-whites being elected to office?

Old 03-31-2023, 01:43 PM

2,180 posts, read 1,367,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
This type of thread is why people think angry, white, Christian, male types are creepy.
LOL ! I'm Black and I am a Muslim convert. I have spent quite a lot time at Pakistani and Indian mosques, before and after living in majority Indian area for a few years. I had moved there because of the mosque. Indian/Pakistani mosques have my preference over Arab ones. People are typically better behaved.

There is no issue with pointing out that the British Isles are almost entirely governed by leaders from the Indian subcontinent. Matter of fact, it's probably the most interesting to have happened over there in quite a while.

There definitely isn't anything in my OP to trigger the woke crowd ( I was just stating facts !), but they've been trained to bark at anything non PC.

I have discussed it with my Bengali friend he is amazed too. The intriguing part is that it is happening at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
it's totally racist. Takeover?
Yeah, takeover. Go talk to Indians, they make the same jokes. I find it funny to see how the situation has reversed. But I know that for you, anything not PC or to the right of Trudeau, is like nazi Germany. Funny how Muslims elected a conservative government in Ontario, eh ?

Last edited by Sorel36; 03-31-2023 at 01:54 PM..

Old 03-31-2023, 01:53 PM

18,492 posts, read 15,337,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I'm Black and I am a Muslim convert. I have spent quite a lot time at Pakistani and Indian mosques, before and after living in majority Indian area for a few years. I had moved there because of the mosque.

There is no issue with pointing out that the British Isles are almost entirely governed by leaders from the Indian subcontinent. Matter of fact, it's probably the most interesting to have happened over there in quite a while.

There definitely isn't anything in my OP to trigger the woke crowd, but they've been trained to bark at anything non PC.

I have discussed it with my Bengali friend he is amazed too. The intriguing part is that it is happening at the same time.

Yeah, takeover. Go talk to Indians, they make the same jokes. I find it funny to see how the situation has changed. But I know that for you, anything not PC, or to the right of Trudeau, is nazi Germany. Funny how Muslims elected a conservative government in Ontario, eh ?
Indians joking about Indians is nothing new. Gays joking about gays is nothing new.

It's when a non-Indian thinks they can post about them taking over, then it's going to be taken as racist.

Like it or not, it's how it usually works.

Imagine a white comedian doing Russel Peter's jokes. It won't go down well.

As for Ontario, the people of Ontario elected a Canadian Conservative ( equal to centre in the US ) government. It's not the first time a conservative gov't has been elected in Ontario, even before muslims made up 6 percent of the population as they do today.

Muslims who vote are Canadian...which seems to reflect back to your original post, of trying to separate a person country by their ethnic background.

Old 03-31-2023, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post

Muslims who vote are Canadian...which seems to reflect back to your original post, of trying to separate a person country by their ethnic background.
Yes, as a minority I have been separated by my ethnic background my whole life, so I know from experience that ethnicity matters, A LOT. However...Muslims are not an ethnic group. We're a faith based group, so we have ideas and thoughts that are rooted in our belief system. And I can tell you for a fact, Muslims are just like conservative Christians in their thinking (even if the Christians don't know this or don't care), they're just not in their own country (typically).

Back on topic.

My only regret is that the Queen isn't alive to have witnessed all of this. Coming from a different era, seeing her reaction would have been interesting.

Old 03-31-2023, 02:42 PM

8,265 posts, read 2,886,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I don't know. They do seem to becoming increasingly like Americans. Maybe that's their future / destiny.
The U.S. is turning into a 3rd world s-hole. We’d be much better off if the country was still 90% white as would any white country. We didn’t vote to become more “diverse”. This diversity only creates friction and conflict wherever it exists.

This “experiment” has been a disaster. If diversity is a strength we should have to pay $8 billion annually for diversity training. A “strength” shouldn’t require this type of financial assistance.

The U.S., Canada, and the rest of the west all committing suicide. Fortunate most eastern euro countries still have the balls sanity to retain their cultures and secure their borders and immigration laws, and keep out trash.

Old 03-31-2023, 04:57 PM

5,870 posts, read 2,137,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I would like to point out a few things regarding British history, and the fact that slavery outlawed back in 1066 when the Normans led by William the Bastard (Later known as William the Conqueror) outlawed it and it has never been legal since this time.

As for the Slave Trade, Britain was one of the first countries to outlaw the trade, and even tried to stop other countries such as Spain, Portugal, France and Brazil from engaging in the trade, whilst devoting a lot of naval and other resources to Anti-Slavery.

This sadly does not stop misinformed morons on CNN or The View from making up historical nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NoWIZv96KU

As for a lot of the Slave Trade you need look no further than Africa itself and the Islamic world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zHz4T-zW_E
You mean Britain set up puppet Governments like the Government of the Raj. Britain still practiced slavery and robbery of treasure but did it under a puppet Government so it would look like it was not directly the British Government pulling the strings. It's literally the same concept as a business using a DBA name or a branch off of the same company.

There is no mystery why Britain refuses to release countries under its "CommonWealth" umbrella. Britain is an island that has produced nothing people want to buy for decades but still is a 1st world country. Think about how that is possible for a moment, how do they generate their GDP? Why is Brexit not working? What new innovations are coming out of Britain to drive their economy?

The Puppet government system was used by many Euperon nations and is still being used currently by the French in places like Equatorial Guinea. So places like Britain and France can say they don't do colonialism or eliminated slavery but if you look at their relationship with these countries within their "Commonwealth" or within their old colonial control, they are still robbing those countries blind. They just do it with a modern monetary policy with control of money in the country and all goods that enter and exit those countries.

Seriously next time someone says Europe is better with Human Rights, just show them places like Equatorial Guinea.

Old 03-31-2023, 05:03 PM

6,186 posts, read 3,551,802 times
Not surprised about England but Ireland and Scotland? Wow unexpected! What's the South Asian population of those countries? I looked up the Irish guy--his mom is Irish and his father is Indian.

Old 03-31-2023, 05:37 PM

14,808 posts, read 11,874,969 times
Well there certainly is some high level racist ignorance on this thread! Some people still seem unable to grasp the basics of the UK!

Sunak is NOT the Prime Minister of England
Yousaf is NOT the Prime Minister of Scotland
and Ireland isn't even part of the UK!

Sunak was born in Southampton...........which by my reckoning is in Hampshire and not Goa! It seems that some people think you can only be British if you're white! No doubt they also think that everybody in the UK are some kind of 'Anglo Saxon' pure breed?

Let me try and make things 'clearer' for those that need it:-

Sunak is the Prime Minister for this nation, this sovereign state is called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or UK if you prefer, the UK is made up of Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland, think of them as Texas, California, Utah and Alaska if it makes it easier.

So here goes -
1. The British Isles are a geographical location that means they are NOT a political union in any way, they consist of the islands that make up the UK AND Ireland (even if Americans that like to think they are Irish (they're not) don't like that idea).

2. The UK is as I've said above and it IS a political union.

3. Great Britain is Scotland, Wales and England but NOT NI and Yousaf is NOT a Prime Minister he is the first minister of Scotland only.

Finally you don't have to be white skinned to be a citizen of the UK, people in this country are and have been since the country was formed from different 'racial' make-ups. Great Britain had an Empire that stretched around the globe and its population (of which Sunak is a good example) reflects this.

Old 03-31-2023, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post

Sunak is NOT the Prime Minister of England
Yousaf is NOT the Prime Minister of Scotland
and Ireland isn't even part of the UK!
Sunak is the Prime Minister of the UK, that has been said. No one ever said Yousaf is the Prime Minister of Scotland, he is the First Minister of Scotland as reported, therefore he is the head of the government though. Same difference !

Who said Ireland is in the UK ? Seems you read everything wrong, or did not read anything at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies