Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 08:27 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,757,140 times

Advertisements

What is the end game and how will it benefit anyone?

It's so depressing to see even what has happened to us in 2 short years.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:29 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Republicans might actually get pushed hard enough to stand up for what they believe in again, instead of just complaining about how others are writing their future for them.

But you have to have a message that is encouraging to others so they will stand with you. Nobody wants to hang out with or be around a Debbie Downer gloomer doomer boomer.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:39 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
We won’t have a Country

Old 04-04-2023, 08:39 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,521,992 times
"What will our future look like if what is happening now continues for 5 more years? "

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

This is the end game for democrats. And I'm being serious:

Conservatives would be terrified of such a place. There would be AI's controlling all sorts of things. You could change your gender, race and all kinds of other facets about yourself on a whim. It will be multi-cultural up the kazoo. It will be a mostly-leisure society in which work might not even be required. I started a thread on this idea some while ago. It will be a high-tech, highly-educated society in which only a small handful of people would ever even think about voting for someone resembling modern American republicans ... which would be just fine, because anything resembling modern American republicans would not only be terrified of such a future, they would be incapable of sustaining it anyway.

Don't get hung up on the details of the video, it's the concept that counts.

The last 2 years, and the next 5 years, are mere small steps in the process.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:48 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
Depends on who wins the next election.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:51 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
5 years?, maybe bad if the rate of progression keeps happening like pushing the digital currency, in my mind that would be the straw that broke the back and finally makes many in denial wake up because once someone messes with a person's money it is the only thing that elevates people to reaction.

Other than that the slower progression of censorship, diminishing of economic standards like fuel costs, the diminishing value of the dollar as a world currency, the diminishing individual freedoms based on a weaponized government agencies, and so on may drag out because people don't see themselves effected by it personally until one day they are.

Or things get better or at least equal out for a while if there are enough that stand up like DeSantis is doing

The better question is where is everything in 10, 20 or 30 years. But then again it only took the Dems and Biden 2 years to get where we are now and every indication by them is they intend to go ahead full steam as they are now.

I wonder, if DeSantis or anyone following his lead became president would the far left act like they did with Trump?, if so it would be proof that it wasn't just about Trump but of ideology that will never make peace or accept anything other than far left advancement.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:53 PM

1,173 posts, read 550,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
"What will our future look like if what is happening now continues for 5 more years? "

This is the end game for democrats. And I'm being serious:

Conservatives would be terrified of such a place. There would be AI's controlling all sorts of things. You could change your gender, race and all kinds of other facets about yourself on a whim. It will be multi-cultural up the kazoo. It will be a mostly-leisure society in which work might not even be required. I started a thread on this idea some while ago. It will be a high-tech, highly-educated society in which only a small handful of people would ever even think about voting for someone resembling modern American republicans ... which would be just fine, because anything resembling modern American republicans would not only be terrified of such a future, they would be incapable of sustaining it anyway.

Don't get hung up on the details of the video, it's the concept that counts.

The last 2 years, and the next 5 years, are mere small steps in the process.
Liberals and their fantasies

Old 04-04-2023, 08:55 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

In the future there will be no future.
-Biden policy

Old 04-04-2023, 08:59 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,757,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
5 years?, maybe bad if the rate of progression keeps happening like pushing the digital currency, in my mind that would be the straw that broke the back and finally makes many in denial wake up because once someone messes with a person's money it is the only thing that elevates people to reaction.

Other than that the slower progression of censorship, diminishing of economic standards like fuel costs, the diminishing value of the dollar as a world currency, the diminishing individual freedoms based on a weaponized government agencies, and so on may drag out because people don't see themselves effected by it personally until one day they are.

Or things get better or at least equal out for a while if there are enough that stand up like DeSantis is doing

The better question is where is everything in 10, 20 or 30 years. But then again it only took the Dems and Biden 2 years to get where we are now and every indication by them is they intend to go ahead full steam as they are now.

I wonder, if DeSantis or anyone following his lead became president would the far left act like they did with Trump?, if so it would be proof that it wasn't just about Trump but of ideology that will never make peace or accept anything other than far left advancement.
I've always said even if Desantis gets in office, they will treat him like they did Trump. They will make up things and take him down. I just wish Trump and Desantis would team up and run together..Trump pres and Desantis VP. That's the only way I think we stand a chance. Those 2 are a powerhouse against all this evil going on now. With Trump getting arrested for just wanting to do good for the country and a threat to the evil, I hope more people wake up now. It's a wake up call now that a president gets arrested just because the left don't want him to run again. That is scary stuff.

Old 04-04-2023, 09:14 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,711,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Republicans might actually get pushed hard enough to stand up for what they believe in again, instead of just complaining about how others are writing their future for them.
It's kind of hopeless, look at tonight's Chicago mayor election and Wisconsin's Supreme Court Election

The youth have no allegiance to this country, and white women are hysterically voting against the slighest hint of abortion restriction.

I fear that 2024 is indeed the last presidential election. Without a political path to justice, there can only be violence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies