Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 07:42 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
I guess you missed all that crap about not having a country left if you don't fight like hell. But then again, he later said to march peacefully which seems to be the only part of his little speech his worshippers remember.
It's looking like he was right about that too. BTW, "fight" does not automatically mean a violent act. I hope all the fights you've had with a spouse or significant other did not lead to violence.

Old 04-06-2023, 07:45 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,580,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
It's looking like he was right about that too. BTW, "fight" does not automatically mean a violent act. I hope all the fights you've had with a spouse or significant other did not lead to violence.
This has become another ridiculous talking point by the worshippers. Look up the word "fight" and let me know what you find. There is also a BIG difference between "we had a fight" and "You gotta fight like hell or your not going to have a country left". See if you can figure out the differences.

Last I looked, the country is still here and doing fine. We don't all subscribe to the sky is falling drama.

Thankfully I also have never brought a weapon to a spousal confrontation, but nice try.

Old 04-06-2023, 08:05 AM

15,854 posts, read 6,557,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Do tell, do you have any logical basis to back up your claim that Trump's actions were integral to the riot? Anything at all? His rally speech certainly wasn't. The riot was planned long before his speech and even it wasn't, his speech still didn't come close to inciting a riot. Nobody - even the most vehement Trump haters - has claimed that Trump helped plan or orchestrate the events of January 6th. All you've got is a speech. In other words, you've got nothing. Period.
Logic? If DJT doesn't continually lie about the election and gracefully acknowledges Biden won, is there a riot on Jan. 6th? No. If DJT doesn't show up and give a speech on Jan. 6th, is there a riot? No. If DJT emphasizes that they should peacefully protest, do they riot? No. He bears full moral responsibility for the events of that day.

Old 04-06-2023, 08:11 AM

7,149 posts, read 4,745,406 times
Oh goodie!!
Another hate thread!!

Old 04-06-2023, 08:16 AM

6,684 posts, read 2,981,839 times
I don't agree Trump is responsible for the yokels who rioted,..

but I do find it amusing that the dem/left is , who is accusing Trump of pulling the trigger using the protestors to trash the place, are actually blaming the person and not just the "gun".

Old 04-06-2023, 08:17 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times
Quote:
This has become another ridiculous talking point by the worshippers. Look up the word "fight" and let me know what you find. There is also a BIG difference between "we had a fight" and "You gotta fight like hell or your not going to have a country left". See if you can figure out the differences.

Last I looked, the country is still here and doing fine. We don't all subscribe to the sky is falling drama.

Thankfully I also have never brought a weapon to a spousal confrontation, but nice try.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fight

I have bolded the pertinent definitions. You pick yours; I'll pick mine.

fight
1 of 2
verb
ˈfīt
fought ˈfȯt ; fighting
Synonyms of fight
intransitive verb

a
: to contend in battle or physical combat
especially : to strive to overcome a person by blows or weapons
The soldiers fought bravely.
b
: to engage in boxing
He will fight for the heavyweight title next month.
: to put forth a determined effort
They were fighting to stay awake.

transitive verb

a
(1)
: to contend against in or as if in battle or physical combat
fought the invaders of his homeland
was fighting a forest fire
(2)
: to box against in the ring
fought several strong contenders
b
(1)
: to attempt to prevent the success or effectiveness of
the company fought the takeover attempt

(2)
: to oppose the passage or development of
fight a bill in Congress

a
: WAGE, CARRY ON
fight a battle

b
: to take part in (a boxing match or similar contest)
: to struggle to endure or surmount
fight a cold
is fighting cancer

a
: to gain by struggle
fights his way through

b
: to resolve by struggle
fought out their differences in court

a
: to manage (a ship) in a battle or storm
b
: to cause to struggle or contend
c
: to manage in an unnecessarily rough or awkward manner
fight

2 of 2
noun
a
: a hostile encounter : BATTLE, COMBAT
b
: a boxing match
c
: a verbal disagreement : ARGUMENT
: a struggle for a goal or an objective
a fight for justice

: strength or disposition for fighting : PUGNACITY
still full of fight
Phrases
fight shy of
: to avoid facing or meeting

Old 04-06-2023, 08:25 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The tenacity with which some folks cling to a desperation-fueled fantasy is disturbing. Trump wasn't "behind" (which has no legal meaning whatsoever) January 6th and no one has yet provided a shred of evidence that he was. Even if Trump flat out admitted that Pence wasn't "behind" it, such an admission has no bearing on whether or not it can be proven that Trump was "behind" January 6th.

They just can't let it go. I think the Dems were actually hoping for a skirmish to break out the other day when Trump was dragged into court. The outrage of Jan6th is running out of steam and more and more people do not care about it.

We all have heard what Trump said on that day and he said nothing about attacking the Capitol. We also all know how the Left has been reading between the lines of a Trump speech and inserting their own negative interpretations since 2016.

We also all know how the Dems ignore their own when they encourage the mob to get out, to get in their faces, to give the mob space to destroy or how about the Summer of Love, which was a real insurrection when a militant group CHAZ/CHOP seized and barricaded several blocks in Seattle ?

The Dems are reaching here but what does it matter if they ever grab hold of actual evidence because the Prosecution in the Court of Public Opinion is all they need these days to win.

Who needs Facts when you have Feelings?

Old 04-06-2023, 08:42 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post

Oh goodie!!
Another hate thread!!
IMHO you are tragically mistaken to claim it is hatred when democracy valuing Americans expect the former vice president of the United States to perform his legal obligation to explain, under oath, what he knows about the Jan 6 coup attempt. You know, the category of we the people who pledge allegiance to America as opposed to allegiance to Trump.

Old 04-06-2023, 09:42 AM

23,655 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:

Democrats had constantly used the word fight, and they weren't just blandly saying "we had a fight" like you are pretending they had.

Dem politicians had also said "fight like hell". They also said to "fight in the streets", "you gotta be fierce in fighting", etc. Left media talking heads and celebrities calling to "blow up the WH" and to "put a bullet" in Trump's head, to "kidnap" Trump's youngest son and "put him in a cage with a pedophile", to terrorize the kids of border patrol agents in their "homes" and at their "schools" , etc...

It really isn't any wonder that democrats mistakenly think they hear violence in Trump's words, when they're so used to their own calling for violence.

Quote:
That poster didn't say anything about you bringing a "weapon"... now you can see how someone on the left just automatically goes there.

Besides, you can't take a weapon with you...Joey* just recently said that "you are not allowed to have a weapon[gun]".

Old 04-06-2023, 09:47 AM

6,684 posts, read 2,981,839 times
c'mon folks.

It took two seconds to find this video of Dems using 'fight' and other 'aggressive and violent' rhetoric.
from like 2 years ago.

"Make them Pay"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG5BcU1ZGiA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies