Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 10:32 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,610,520 times

Advertisements

Why is it that the women who fight against body shaming for over a size 12 or 14 are the same women who think it’s ok to body shame women who are smaller than a size 12? It’s not ok to body shame anyone. Good for Marks & Spencer to defend her lingerie ad. If you’re overweight, you don’t have to bully those of us who are smaller or have smaller or larger boobs than you to like YOUR body. It shows the opposite.

edit: I’ve heard & read from other women so many times that women who are slender look like boys with boobs. It’s bullying.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 04-20-2023 at 11:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2023, 10:37 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,355,185 times
Same reason that people who are vehemently opposed to body shaming constantly bash Trump for his weight and supposed small hands. Simple answer is that you can't teach the stupid out of people.

Old 04-20-2023, 11:46 AM

16,433 posts, read 12,578,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Why is it that the women who fight against body shaming for over a size 12 or 14 are the same women who think it’s ok to body shame women who are smaller than a size 12? It’s not ok to body shame anyone. Good for Marks & Spencer to defend her lingerie ad. If you’re overweight, you don’t have to bully those of us who are smaller or have smaller or larger boobs than you to like YOUR body. It shows the opposite.

edit: I’ve heard & read from other women so many times that women who are slender look like boys with boobs. It’s bullying.

I'm not familiar with this story, nor Marks & Spencer. I tried to Google, but couldn't find any of the shaming comments that were made. What was being said about the model?

I'm well over a size 12, but I don't body shame anyone of any size. I will complain when a company that sells clothing marketed to women of my size use models who are not. If you're a plus size retailer, you should be using plus size models.

Old 04-20-2023, 11:51 AM

16,433 posts, read 12,578,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Same reason that people who are vehemently opposed to body shaming constantly bash Trump for his weight and supposed small hands. Simple answer is that you can't teach the stupid out of people.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't bash him because of his weight. I bash him because he promotes himself as some sort of muscle-bound superhero or soldier (as with his NFTs), when he most clearly is not. It's comical and deserves to be laughed at. (Admittedly, I've never understood the hands thing. They look like average hands to me)

I don't care if someone is overweight. Just own it. Don't pretend you're something you're not.

Old 04-20-2023, 11:53 AM

926 posts, read 763,910 times
I am so sick of these models photographing themselves in every mirror in the gym

Old 04-20-2023, 12:14 PM

2,128 posts, read 1,473,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't bash him because of his weight. I bash him because he promotes himself as some sort of muscle-bound superhero or soldier (as with his NFTs), when he most clearly is not. It's comical and deserves to be laughed at. (Admittedly, I've never understood the hands thing. They look like average hands to me)

I don't care if someone is overweight. Just own it. Don't pretend you're something you're not.
His NFTs make my knees jiggle. If they didn't sell and people didn't fall down and faint in awe before they shelled out the 99.00 to get the cards, it wouldn't be a thing. I think these are a hot item and portray this humble, wonderous and just fantabulous person in all his glory. I would buy all of these except I can look longingly for free online. My hands are too weak with amazement to grab my credit card anyway.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/15/u...superhero.html

Old 04-20-2023, 12:19 PM

2,128 posts, read 1,473,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I’ve heard & read from other women so many times that women who are slender look like boys with boobs. It’s bullying.
I was looking at a Yahoo article and pictures of Christy Brinkley in her swimsuit at 69. She is stunning beyond words.

Then I saw the comments section and most all of the commenters were calling her joker face, ugly spindly legs, a washed up human just wanting to be young. People are going to judge. TashaPosh, just be you and ignore the comments. No one can win against the gossipers that are out there. Be you and enjoy the body you have.

Old 04-20-2023, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I'm not familiar with this story, nor Marks & Spencer. I tried to Google, but couldn't find any of the shaming comments that were made. What was being said about the model?
Too skinny, too ugly because she is slender, eat something, her body looks like a boy’s with boobs. The same kind of stuff that is said a lot but it all took over the post because there were so many. So…Marks & Spencer intervened.

Quote:
I'm well over a size 12, but I don't body shame anyone of any size. I will complain when a company that sells clothing marketed to women of my size use models who are not. If you're a plus size retailer, you should be using plus size models.
That makes sense ofc….but M&S has small sizes too. It’s still not a reason for anybody to bully the slender model in the ad tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
I am so sick of these models photographing themselves in every mirror in the gym
It was a Marks & Spencer promotion for their Boutique lingerie collection. Don’t follow?

Edit: Sorry to the mods. I see this got moved to Politics. I thought of it as more of a Fashion & Beauty thing.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 04-20-2023 at 01:04 PM..

Old 04-20-2023, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
TashaPosh, just be you and ignore the comments. No one can win against the gossipers that are out there. Be you and enjoy the body you have.

Oh…I’m always me, thank you. It was a promotion for M&S…the comments weren’t about me. I love lingerie & I post on instagram too, because I’m a content entrepreneur & model. (edit: I do not post lingerie pics.) My husband has seen a little of what I have gone through because of it BUT there are a lot more rewards so I’m not complaining. I chose it. Most of my followers are women my age or a little younger, especially since I’m going to be adding lifestyle, fashion, fitness & beauty tips through my pregnancy & when I become a mom. It’s a new direction. They are super supportive. So is my husband. He lets me know how much he loves me & my body.

edit: Ofc there are always going to be some weirdos & ppl who bully for pleasure. BUT…it’s still shocking that those kinds of comments can take over to where M&S intervened. They just took it down. What does it say about social media that there are so many hateful ppl?

Last edited by TashaPosh; 04-20-2023 at 03:17 PM..

Old 04-20-2023, 02:45 PM

7,590 posts, read 3,968,393 times
It's unhealthy to be overweight and therefore, by definition not a thing of beauty. How can something that is unhealthy and can shorten your life and/or kill you be a thing of beauty? Maybe a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, but that's man-made.

These morbidly obese women running around, demanding acceptance, demanding to be called beautiful, are fools.

I understand a small percentage have conditions that cause weight gain, and I hope they can find a way to get healthy regardless, but for those that eat a loaf of bread and drink a 12-pack of Pepsi a day, just stop already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies