Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:43 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Sodomy and abortion is legal here I believe in every state due to supreme court rulings..
Uh huh, that's correct & everyday there's people trying to reverse that decision. Funny you didn't mention the gay marriage thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 12:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Uh huh, that's correct & everyday there's people trying to reverse that decision. Funny you didn't mention the gay marriage thing.
If you havent followed along with the rest of the class, gay marriage is not yet legal in all 50 states, but now that you mention is, shouldnt this tribe be exposed to wonderful things like abortion, gay marriages, sodomy? Arent we a civilization that thrives on forcing others to accept our way of life, even if they disagree with it?

Old 06-02-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
If you havent followed along with the rest of the class, gay marriage is not yet legal in all 50 states, but now that you mention is, shouldnt this tribe be exposed to wonderful things like abortion, gay marriages, sodomy? Arent we a civilization that thrives on forcing others to accept our way of life, even if they disagree with it?
Oh brother

Old 06-02-2008, 01:50 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,567 times
Quote:
If you dont think that tribes in the past have had a history of sacrificing virgins (children, animals etc) then I think you should have paid better attention in school.

See there is where your wrong. I'm conserned about the tribes mental health, especially when they discover that the planes and helicopters are not gods, or really large birds. I'm more conserned over how many young virgins were sacrificed on the day the helicopter flew overhead, because the tribe thinks that the gods were angry and was sending large birds to eat them.
Are these two post serious? They cannot be, so now your reasoning for going and invading is a plane might cause a virgin to be sacrificed, do you hear yourself talk? Honestly, I think we have a few people who have watched way to many Indina Jones movies.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Are these two post serious? They cannot be, so now your reasoning for going and invading is a plane might cause a virgin to be sacrificed, do you hear yourself talk? Honestly, I think we have a few people who have watched way to many Indina Jones movies.
No, I think they're just trying to rile people up w/ridiculous posts.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:33 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Oh my gosh... I can't believe I didn't think of this before. We should study these people and see what their take is on homosexual behavior. Gays claim that they are born that way... so statistically there has to have been a case of homosexuality in this tribe, right?

Well it gets even better... since they have never heard of a Bible or a Bible-Thumper we can have a pure, unbiased outlook on whether or not homosexuality is truly acceptable.

However... if there has not been a case of homosexuality then we should introduce it to them and see if they like it or if they act like a run of the mill neo-con homophobe.

This tribe is brimming with potential scientific experimentation. I want to try the gay experiment first and then we can introduce them to narcotics to see if violence occurs with crack, soft coccaine, heroine, pcp... all the real hard stuff. Then we can run an experiment with LSD, mushrooms, weed... the good mellow stuff. And then a third drug experiment can be run with beer and cigarettes.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Lord .. . what a sad world we live in. See above. These people have been sheltered from all this BS. Good for them, but I think their future is not so rosy, thanks to people that have no compassion.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 PM

335 posts, read 1,028,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
South Americans to be precise.

But in addition to booze I want to give them tons of CRACK! We can experiment with this virgin society on whether or not the war on drugs is even worth the effort.
Wow and you called me interesting? You sir or madam are a joke.

I want to learn about them... to see what deficiencies it is they suffer from...etc. My motives are to promote science and knowledge. If they are happy then they can stay happy. It is their choice.
Have you considered that these are humans and not animals to be poked and prodded? Promote science? How ridiculous!

How do you know all of this? Did they communicate to you through the JPEG images? You envy other people because they don't have the problems you created for yourself?... You are very interesting!
My statement went over your head obviously. Problems I created for myself? So are you stating you do not have bills? Are experiencing some sort of distaste for rising gas prices? Wow you must be exempt Obviously I meant that it would be nice to not have to deal with these issues and live a rather simplistic laid back life. And as far as communication? Try harder than this.

New product label... "Warning: YOU MAY EXPERIENCE IRREVERSIBLE ENJOYMENT OF THIS PRODUCT DUE TO ITS SUPERIOR FUNCTIONALITY"
lame! You fail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Your motives for seeing them are selfish. It is so YOU can learn abou them. This is like Pandoras box, once you expose them to the new world they can never go back. You cannot unexperince something. God only knows what you would do to their belief structure.

Why do they need to know this? Because you think everyone should, give me a break. I think they survived thousands of years without so why all of a sudden do they need this knowledge now? AGian it comes down to Selfishness.
Exactly. They have been living without modern technology for years and seem to be doing just fine, to pursue this tribe to dissect every aspect of their culture and lifestyle is selfish. The question I would ask, is why attempt to disrupt their way of life? It is obvious that we have co-existed with them without any interruptions and now that they are on the map so to speak we need to conquer?

Old 06-03-2008, 02:36 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
Have you considered that these are humans and not animals to be poked and prodded? Promote science? How ridiculous!
Yeah they are humans so let me treat them like another human being and go and communicate and fellowship with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
My statement went over your head obviously. Problems I created for myself? So are you stating you do not have bills? Are experiencing some sort of distaste for rising gas prices? Wow you must be exempt Obviously I meant that it would be nice to not have to deal with these issues and live a rather simplistic laid back life. And as far as communication? Try harder than this.?
Ever seen the movie "Witness" with Harrison Ford? Heck even those Amish are considered "modern". And absolutely YES, you DID create your own bills. You chose to buy a house, to have electricity, to use public water, to have a car, to buy pre-made food, to have a family....

The only modern thing you would have to deal with is attaining a plot of land and then you can sustain yourself without spending a nickel. I choose not to be a spear-chucker, I enjoy convenience and work to pay for it. If I was not happy with the life I am living I would not be living it.

If you hate your life so much go ahead and go live with the spear-chucker's, there are many places on earth that have them. Go tribal... oh wait... YOU STILL ARE ATTACHED TO ALL THOSE PROBLEMS YOU CREATED!!!! So sorry, enjoy the modern life as much as you can.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:00 PM

335 posts, read 1,028,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Yeah they are humans so let me treat them like another human being and go and communicate and fellowship with them.
Again my post went over your head!

Ever seen the movie "Witness" with Harrison Ford? Heck even those Amish are considered "modern". And absolutely YES, you DID create your own bills. You chose to buy a house, to have electricity, to use public water, to have a car, to buy pre-made food, to have a family....

The only modern thing you would have to deal with is attaining a plot of land and then you can sustain yourself without spending a nickel. I choose not to be a spear-chucker, I enjoy convenience and work to pay for it. If I was not happy with the life I am living I would not be living it.

If you hate your life so much go ahead and go live with the spear-chucker's, there are many places on earth that have them. Go tribal... oh wait... YOU STILL ARE ATTACHED TO ALL THOSE PROBLEMS YOU CREATED!!!! So sorry, enjoy the modern life as much as you can.
You are by far ridiculous you answered my question and added some cheap rhetoric to boot! -2 for your lack of effort to understand the initial point which I think you got yet you are one of those that wish to debate no matter how dense they look.
I stated they have a laid back life, they seem to take it easy and you cannot even admit it? WOW! So much pride is bad for your health! I also stated that in a nutshell you could not decipher so let me assist you, "I envy them to a point yet I am too fond of the way I live" "I could not chuck a spear or live in a hut any more than they could adjust to our society! Thank you for helping me make another point, much obliged!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies