Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 04:21 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,686,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I live in the 4th largest city in the US and I rarely see a trans. The ones I see are normally men that are now women. They usually stand out but you have to just act normal. I remember this 6'5" 280 lbs trans woman coming into the store. I was just hoping my young kid didn't say anything because kids have no filter. You could clearly tell this woman was a dude.

I might see 2-3 trans per year.
You sure about that? How?

Old 05-23-2023, 04:31 PM

24,450 posts, read 9,315,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Have you ever asked one?
When was the last time you saw or met a trans man? Usually it’s just a tomboy female in a gay relationship.

The fact is they much rather use the female restroom.

It’s less disgusting.

Old 05-23-2023, 05:44 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,778,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We have already seen reports of rapes by "trans" who have invaded women's spaces, or at least men who claimed they were men.
How often does this happen?

The issue has more to do with the standards that are applied to the genders. For example, most people can tolerate seeing a lesbian kiss and a lot of men like it, but people freak out if two men kiss.

Old 05-23-2023, 09:32 PM

37,061 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Also, why are there no "trans men" who have committed crimes fighting to be in men's prisons?

Why are there none taking over men's sports?

Why is it ALWAYS a one-way street?

Statistically you'd think it would be pretty even, no? OR is there something else going on?
If they dress and present as men, how would you know...?

If you use public restrooms, you are probably sharing them with trans folks already.

Old 05-23-2023, 11:07 PM

10,939 posts, read 5,914,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It's always seemed to me there was. When I was a child I was strongly discouraged from many activities because only boys were supposed to do them. I was supposed to stay inside and learn to dust and cook. Which, let me be the first to tell you, are terminally boring. Later, when I started looking for jobs, I was supposed to type, also terminally boring.

And of course, guess what pays less?
Pity. When I was a child we loved it when the girls joined us the 'only boys' activities.

Old 05-23-2023, 11:28 PM

2,943 posts, read 3,509,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Also, why are there no "trans men" who have committed crimes fighting to be in men's prisons?

Why are there none taking over men's sports?

Why is it ALWAYS a one-way street?

Statistically you'd think it would be pretty even, no? OR is there something else going on?
I have personal experience of a female to male person using the same men's restroom that I used.

Old 05-24-2023, 02:53 AM

30,105 posts, read 18,921,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Trans people are still estimated to be 0.5% of the population. It is WAY more likely you would never hear about it or meet a trans person unless you live in a high-population city which by percentages raises your probability of running into a trans person.

Creating a fear or concern over Trans people and bathrooms when most Americans will never meet one or run into one in a restroom is stupid and just fearmongering. Not to mention if the Trans person has completed cosmetic surgery to the face and is on hormone therapy you would likely not even know it was a trans person in the restroom at all.

It is mind-boggling that economic issues, concerns with the cost of living, cost of food, cost of housing, and lack of wage increases for decades are all talked about less than Trans and bathrooms currently.
And that 0.5% seemingly run the country and Western world currently, nothing can take precedence over their wishes and feelings; the 99,5% count for nothing.

Old 05-24-2023, 02:56 AM

30,105 posts, read 18,921,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
When was the last time you saw or met a trans man? Usually it’s just a tomboy female in a gay relationship.

It’s less disgusting.
Absolutely, I've been envious of my wife as she describes the women's toilet scene versus the men's rooms disgusting situation. I've wanted to identify as a female and shower with the girls since I was in HS, guess I was just born too soon.

Old 05-24-2023, 03:01 AM

13,573 posts, read 9,982,990 times
Okay then, to the OP. It stinks of piddle, and the floor is wet, sometimes there is poop up the walls of the cubicles.

Old 05-24-2023, 03:21 AM

37,061 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

It’s less disgusting.
I personally know two, but the question of which bathroom has never come up. That’s not what we talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies