Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2023, 07:32 PM

17,641 posts, read 6,918,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
But we wanted to go deeper and get more precise numbers. So, we matched Census net migration data from mid-2020 through mid-2022 for all the nation’s 3,000-plus counties (or their equivalents) and compared that with how these counties voted in 2020. Our working assumption is that the results of the incredibly divisive 2020 election would be a good barometer of the devoutly held political views in those counties.

What we found was striking: There has been a vast migration out of counties that voted for Joe Biden into those counties that voted to reelect Donald Trump.
Link: https://issuesinsights.com/2023/04/1...en-since-2020/

Interesting data here...61% of the counties Biden won lost population, while 65% of the counties Trump won gained population. That tells us people don't like living among liberals very much.

Also, even in blue states that lost population, the red counties gained population.

The Great Migration has begun, it seems.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 07:36 PM

900 posts, read 375,821 times
Yes and you as a good republican will celebrate more red counties and states gaining population of blue states and counties .... and then you will wonder how Georgia and Arizona became blue.

Learn it's just about costs... the richer and more important the county is, the more expensive it will become and soon all the people who can no longer live there will leave.... they are not unhappy with the social policies so much is it who continue to vote for the Democrats.... they just don't have the income to pay the cost of living anymore.

Old 04-19-2023, 07:45 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Yes and you as a good republican will celebrate more red counties and states gaining population of blue states and counties .... and then you will wonder how Georgia and Arizona became blue.

Learn it's just about costs... the richer and more important the county is, the more expensive it will become and soon all the people who can no longer live there will leave.... they are not unhappy with the social policies so much is it who continue to vote for the Democrats.... they just don't have the income to pay the cost of living anymore.
Yep. Democrats really are a cancer on this country. They’ll move to lower COL areas but vote for the same policy ideas that ruined the place they came from.

Old 04-19-2023, 07:49 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,546,294 times
This was a temporary phenomenon that began due to Covid and is already petering out. It had nothing to do with politics, it just so happens that, because democrats usually win the more populous counties, those were the counties temporarily losing population due to Covid.

Manhattan’s population grows as big U.S. cities claw back people after COVID pandemic outflows
Quote:
Turns out the pandemic hasn’t permanently dissuaded people — especially immigrants — from seeking their fortunes amid Manhattan’s gritty streets and neon lights.

The county that encompasses Manhattan added more than 17,000 residents in the year ending last July after losing almost 111,000 people in the previous 12-month period, according to population estimates released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau. The earlier decline was among the worst urban population losses from the COVID-19 outbreak.

New York County was among several large, urban U.S. counties that either gained residents or stemmed the rate of declines between July 2021 and July 2022 compared with a year earlier.

Old 04-19-2023, 07:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Yep. Democrats really are a cancer on this country. They’ll move to lower COL areas but vote for the same policy ideas that ruined the place they came from.
Bingo. PA gained folks from NY due to taxes, and these same folks vote for politicians in favor of raising taxes, lol. Clown Governor shut down much of the state and put hUUUge amounts of business owners and employees out of work, folks went to neighboring states to make their purchases causing hUUUge tax revenue losses, and then the same Governor wants to raise taxes. Can’t make this stuff up.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-19-2023 at 08:55 PM..

Old 04-19-2023, 07:51 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I see why I stopped coming here. Every single post is Democrat that or Leftists this.

Someone could post about why Wendy's changed their fries. I guarantee not 5 posts in it'll be blaming leftist agenda or some non sense.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:08 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,210,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I see why I stopped coming here. Every single post is Democrat that or Leftists this.

Someone could post about why Wendy's changed their fries. I guarantee not 5 posts in it'll be blaming leftist agenda or some non sense.
I for one would like to see that theory put to test. Please start that thread

Old 04-19-2023, 08:11 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
New citizens should have to wait a few years before voting.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:17 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
I wonder how many of these gals have turned lez or trans.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:35 PM

7,364 posts, read 3,824,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post

McDonald's changed their fry oil at one point because of complaints from vegetarians.

Does that kind of fit the leftist agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies