Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 11:16 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times

Advertisements

It was a stupid Woke move in the first place. It's a very small demographic and why they would take up shelf space for such a small demo is a terrible business move. Sell it on your online platform if you must. Damn few care what you can buy on Amazon and whatever you object to or desire is there for you as long as it is legal. These Businesses get dumb and dumber you dont broadcast your views unless you want to lose business. And it's not just the right doing the objections. i doubt many of the Dem or leftist on these forums have brought many Pillows from Mypillow.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:19 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
All I can think is, those LGBT+ people must make tons of money!! All these businesses targeting what is a relatively small percentage of the population.
I think some certainly do. Couple of plastic surgeons sharing the same office with my uncle are gay men. But they will never buy anything with "rainbow" logo on it.

I try not to confuse the toxic bar, club, hookup culture as representative of the entire gay community. Across the entire population of gay men in the US, only a fraction are involved in that world. Most of them keep far away.

The rich gays are just like other rich people. They are more interested in high end stuff.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:27 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
There's no way anyone can win in this "us vs. them" fever of angst, misery, and outcry, and that includes any business. The balance, stability, and sanity of the middle has been severely disabled by the extremists.

The apple cart has been overturned by extremists on both sides, and the rotted apples are filling the air with stench.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:31 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I don't really get the appeal of Target to begin with. It seems there demographic is mostly middle-aged women, but is there anything great there? Maybe its make-up, but I don't see the appeal of the store of cheap made-in-china junk. Maybe its just a place for women to relieve stress by shopping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My mom's friend likes to shop there. She says it is orderly and clean and they don’t keep as many kinds of things as Walmart, but the prices are good. It usually isn’t so crowded. They’re attractive stores.
Yep, this is certainly part of it. Also, the sales associates tend to be helpful and courteous, and the clientele that's in the store with you is several steps above what you get at Walmart. At least, that's been my experience when comparing the two nearby Targets with the two nearby Walmarts. Target is a uniformly superior shopping experience when compared to Walmart, which is why I'll shop at Target 100 times for every one time I venture into Walmart.

To be sure, I don't like feeding the woke monster with my consumer dollars. But until someone invents a better mid-market mass merchandiser, Target will remain my go-to choice.

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
All I can think is, those LGBT+ people must make tons of money!! All these businesses targeting what is a relatively small percentage of the population.
And you nailed it here.

My husband worked in a Fortune 500 company for 26 years. Every 5 or so years, they HR would do some huge remodel of the work space. The latest one I remember was ridiculous. They gave him a choice of no office or an interior office. He previously had a window office and a conference room. He chose the office because he dealt in confidential things at a high level and he also spent a great deal of his day reading complex documents that were very important to the company for someone to understand. But the people who redesigned the work spaces every so many years were the ones who got big $$. And you can apply that same model to just about anything including this LGBTq stuff. It's not about tolerance. It's about $$.

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Businesses should just stay out of politics. They opened up the box, and will have deal with the repercussions on closing it.

I don't really get the appeal of Target to begin with. It seems there demographic is mostly middle-aged women, but is there anything great there? Maybe its make-up, but I don't see the appeal of the store of cheap made-in-china junk. Maybe its just a place for women to relieve stress by shopping.
Really? You have no understanding that some people are or have to be frugal and cant buy everything at high end specialty shops?

Old 05-24-2023, 11:32 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't like seeing all the crosses, Bibles, Trump, and Jesus bumper stickers and billboards everywhere, but I have to deal with it because I live in a society with people of different viewpoints.
Christianity doesn't lead to the mutilation and castration of children so....

Old 05-24-2023, 11:38 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't like seeing all the crosses, Bibles, Trump, and Jesus bumper stickers and billboards everywhere, but I have to deal with it because I live in a society with people of different viewpoints.
,......all the crosses, Bibles, Jesus bumper stickers? I don't want to doubt your honesty, but this probably depends on where you live.

I am a Christian who never had a Jesus bumper sticker. I don't even think I have had a cross necklace. Maybe a cross anklet, but that is about it. I don't know any other Christians have cross, bibles, Trump, or Jesus bumper stickers either.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:48 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
According to the Target statement, "we’ve experienced threats impacting our team members’ sense of safety and well-being while at work Given these volatile circumstances, we are making adjustments to our plans, including removing items that have been at the center of the most significant confrontational behavior."

I would love to see examples of what exactly those threats were and exactly what kind of confrontational behavior was observed and reported. I would be surprised if it was anything worse than an old lady saying, "You should be ashamed for yourselves for promoting such things" or maybe someone referring to transgendered people as perverts, mentally ill, etc. or quoting Bible verses at employees (or else we probably would have seen clips of hordes of old ladies trashing the displays by this time), but I am open to being corrected.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:49 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
I am blessed to be confident enough in my manhood and straightness that none of this stuff bothers me at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies