Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 08:06 PM

1,174 posts, read 550,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're being kind of clueless.

This thread is about the horror of a regime, that would sentence a baby to life in prison for the baby's parents having a Christian Bible.

Maybe you don't know what WTF means. That's possible.

At any rate, Andy, we're glad you're safe and don't feel at all threatened, and that you personally would never live there. Good to know that you personally aren't in danger.
Still don’t get do you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2023, 08:07 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're being kind of clueless.

This thread is about the horror of a regime, that would sentence a baby to life in prison for the baby's parents having a Christian Bible.

Maybe you don't know what WTF means. That's possible.

At any rate, Andy, we're glad you're safe and don't feel at all threatened, and that you personally would never live there. Good to know that you personally aren't in danger.

No, you are trying to make this thread about all that. OP simply supplied a link and said "WTF". I'm sure the definition of "WTF" is not all that stuff you just typed.

Keep in mind, this nation puts a lot of babies in the womb to death, which many people think is even worse.

I personally think it's awesome that we do our part to help by taking in people who are escaping religious persecution from around the world. Since the USA is doing it's part to help, I needn't overburden myself by worrying.

Last edited by andywire; 05-28-2023 at 08:39 PM..

Old 05-28-2023, 08:10 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
North Korea is OK. Kim had Trump's blessing.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...2626131%29.jpg

Old 05-28-2023, 08:30 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While I don’t claim that life in North Korea is anything good, I am also skeptical of western stories like these. North Korea is a hermit kingdom and I doubt many outsiders truly know what’s going on. I remember that western intelligence was saying that North Korea was years away from having a nuclear weapon and, more recently, that Kim Jung Un was on his death bed. Of course, both turned out to be false.
A lot of refugees (escapees?) seem to be confirming conditions there. It seems that if someone is convicted of disobeying 'god' then the whole family gets punished. And severely.

Old 05-28-2023, 09:41 PM

2,326 posts, read 960,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
Gonna call BS on this article.

Old 05-28-2023, 09:43 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Yep. Ain't it great? And that is exactly where we are going as a nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Gonna call BS on this article.
Why? ... It's challenging your high opinion of North Korea? I would guess that what the article presents is a very MILD occurrence there.

Old 05-28-2023, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While I don’t claim that life in North Korea is anything good, I am also skeptical of western stories like these. North Korea is a hermit kingdom and I doubt many outsiders truly know what’s going on. I remember that western intelligence was saying that North Korea was years away from having a nuclear weapon and, more recently, that Kim Jung Un was on his death bed. Of course, both turned out to be false.
https://youtu.be/2BO83Ig-E8E

Old 05-28-2023, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
A lot of refugees (escapees?) seem to be confirming conditions there. It seems that if someone is convicted of disobeying 'god' then the whole family gets punished. And severely.
A lot? Show us a couple of references.

Old 05-28-2023, 09:52 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
A lot? Show us a couple of references.
Just a cursory search will give you all you need to challenge your love of NK. Here's one of hundreds that pop up. But, yeah, I know... you'll call this guy's story bull****, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kObDS-eXgA

Old 05-28-2023, 10:26 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Just a cursory search will give you all you need to challenge your love of NK. Here's one of hundreds that pop up. But, yeah, I know... you'll call this guy's story bull****, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kObDS-eXgA
I don't have time to watch, but (referring to the text from the screengrab), I don't doubt that many go hungry in NK (although it wouldn't shock me if we still don't have a complete picture of what goes in in NK), but this is different from a child being sentenced to life in prison. It's an unsupported claim that we're told to accept on face value despite no solid evidence to support. Again, we've seen enough incorrect intelligence assessments about NK where I have a healthy skepticism of some of the things I come across.

I also note that you'll have many who criticize the Cuban regime, but you also have people who are completely happy with the government there. Can't say that NK is the same situation, but again we don't really have a firm and complete picture of what's going on there, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies