Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 12:15 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
That would have to mean trump wasn’t a narcissist-sociopath who only cared about himself. Of course he’s gonna fight Desantis like a two bit school yard bully that’s what Trump does it’s all about him.
But Trump doesn't attack others - such as Ramaswamy - who he recently praised. Just DeSantis.

And it isn't like DeSantis is polling anyplace close to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 12:26 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I hate to see Trump and Desantis fight against each other. We need to unite and fight against the left/dems. That's where our energy needs to go. What good does it do to fight each other? Their ads are against each other. That needs to stop. Ads need to be against Biden, FBI, MSM, etc. and not each other.

They need to unite and we just might have a chance of winning against these evil people in the White House. We're fighting against very anti-American people that have MSM, all the alphabet gov agencies and social media all on their side. They all unite and lie, cheat, etc to win against us. They get by with it and will do it again.

I just think it's going to take Trump and Desantis joining forces for us to have a chance of winning. I like Desantis's suggestion of going door to door harvesting votes. We have to fight just like the left does. We can't be nice. It's going to take the both of them to ban together and fight this evilness on the left.

They should unite together and just think of how many more votes they would get. If they really cared about the country, they'd put their egos aside and join forces. They used to support each other and I think they can again. I hope they decide to do this as it would be so beneficial to the country. I think it's our only chance.
I agree but will Trump subjugate his desires for the betterment of the nation and party is the question?

Old 05-29-2023, 02:02 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I agree but will Trump subjugate his desires for the betterment of the nation and party is the question?
Not really, most are for or scared of him. Trump rules and he can undo Ronnie. Trump is a shrewd businessman, he will play dirty, you know this.

Old 05-29-2023, 02:17 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Trump will never work with anyone for whatever reason. Especially someone he thinks others like more than him.

Old 05-29-2023, 02:17 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Does it really matter if it is Desantis or Trump? We cannot have another 4 years of the mess that is Biden and the Lefty policies and Anti American schemes.

Trump is attacking Desantis because he sees him as the #1 competition to challenge him. I don't like it. I don't think any Conservative does. I also think it is too early for any of this. Why waste the money? There are forever Trumpers. There are Team Let's give Desantis a shot but in the end we need Biden GONE.

Old 05-29-2023, 02:44 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,748,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Here's what many didn't realize back in 2015 & 2016:

It was all a game, the ex-P was playing. He pretended he was at war with HRC. He totally played his base and other supporters and had them believing he was going to take-down HRC and "lock her up."

It was ALL fake, he wasn't going to do any such thing. Chris Christie confirmed it after the 2016 election, when the MAGAs were posting on Twitter how they couldn't wait for HRC to be hauled off to prison and locked up. Christie broke the news that was just campaign rhetoric. Even after that admission, the MAGA base still didn't believe it was all a con, and they still chanted all the taunts about HRC that the ex-P had used during the months leading up to the election. 8 years later, they still deny it.

For proof, just watch the short video of the inauguration day luncheon held on Jan 20, 2017, with the Clintons attending. Trump spoke about his admiration and respect for the Clintons (both of them) and told the crowd how honored he was they were attending the lunch. Then he asked the crowd to give them a standing ovation, which the crowd did. Does THAT sound like someone who's about to "lock her up?"

source
I remember Trump saying he didn't go after HRC because it wouldn't be good for the country, so maybe that's what he mentioned to Chris Christie before the election, so it doesn't mean it was a con if he had second thoughts about doing it. Trump's inauguration speech was criticized because he did not mention HRC. Don't forget, Trump used to be a Democrat, I'm sure he donated to the Clintion's campaigns and they even attended his wedding, and Trump owns property in Westchester County, NY not far from the Clinton's home.

I told the RNC I will not donate anymore unless the GOP sticks together like the Democrats do.

Old 05-29-2023, 02:50 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Does it really matter if it is Desantis or Trump? We cannot have another 4 years of the mess that is Biden and the Lefty policies and Anti American schemes.

Trump is attacking Desantis because he sees him as the #1 competition to challenge him. I don't like it. I don't think any Conservative does. I also think it is too early for any of this. Why waste the money? There are forever Trumpers. There are Team Let's give Desantis a shot but in the end we need Biden GONE.

They need to team up together. DeSantis as the VEEP. Then in 4 years DeSantis will have his shot. They should do this early. Like now. I know you are suppose to wait until the convention but Trump is almost like an incumbent. If you are running for reelection you already have your VEEP now.

Old 05-29-2023, 05:28 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I hate to see Trump and Desantis fight against each other. We need to unite and fight against the left/dems. That's where our energy needs to go. What good does it do to fight each other? Their ads are against each other. That needs to stop. Ads need to be against Biden, FBI, MSM, etc. and not each other.

They need to unite and we just might have a chance of winning against these evil people in the White House. We're fighting against very anti-American people that have MSM, all the alphabet gov agencies and social media all on their side. They all unite and lie, cheat, etc to win against us. They get by with it and will do it again.

I just think it's going to take Trump and Desantis joining forces for us to have a chance of winning. I like Desantis's suggestion of going door to door harvesting votes. We have to fight just like the left does. We can't be nice. It's going to take the both of them to ban together and fight this evilness on the left.

They should unite together and just think of how many more votes they would get. If they really cared about the country, they'd put their egos aside and join forces. They used to support each other and I think they can again. I hope they decide to do this as it would be so beneficial to the country. I think it's our only chance.
I agree

Trump should leave being a candidate, throw his support behind DeSantis, and then spend his time playing golf, taking care of his legal woes, and making appearances to support DeSantis

Old 05-29-2023, 05:32 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Yes, it makes a huge difference.

Old 05-29-2023, 05:36 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I remember Trump saying he didn't go after HRC because it wouldn't be good for the country, so maybe that's what he mentioned to Chris Christie before the election, so it doesn't mean it was a con if he had second thoughts about doing it.
Christie was crystal clear about it -- Trump was *never* going to go after HRC, and it was said just like that. Christie wrote on Twitter it was all campaign rhetoric (to gain support and votes) and people misunderstood that. I don't know why it's so hard to accept the truth, but that's the truth.

There's what Trump said right up to the election, and then there's his words and his behaviors afterwards. He gave the Clintons a standing ovation and said how much he respected them and how thankful he was they attended the luncheon. The base still can't accept or believe that happened, but it did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies