Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 07:25 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The Religious Right Wing Control Brigade is out in full force now. Be careful not to wear any multicolored clothes in public, might get wacked by some nut case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Nope. They believe in banning books, pretending people other than white/straight don’t exist, and controlling women’s bodies. They believe the have the right to force their beliefs on all of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Yes - for sure. I saw a rainbow after a rainstorm last week and I was like - "F" you sky! I will never patronize the sky again!
Do you really think that only extreme right, religious kooks get tired of seeing same-sex promotional stuff? Can you really not grasp that many people, of various political leanings, are weary of being told how special certain people are because they prefer to have sex with people possessing matching body parts? Does a whole month devoted to "gay pride" (though it's front and center year round actually) not strike you as just a little bit puzzling, exclusionary, and unnecessary?

When do "love to have my nipples stimulated by my vibrator" people get their own special month? When do "into foursomes in a hot tub" people get their special displays in Target?

I'm not being facetious. I DO NOT CARE about anyone's sex life or love life, and the fact that you ridicule me with ignorant posts like I quoted above, is absolutely baffling to me. I have absolutely nothing against gays, or swingers, or poly's, or whatever else people do for their sexual pleasure and relationship needs. I like people to be happy, however they need to live their lives. Truly. But I am tired of all the announcements of how special gays are. They just aren't special, ok?

Do you have anything more intelligent than narrow-minded jabs to bring to the table? I'd seriously like to hear it.

Last edited by kayanne; 05-31-2023 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 07:27 AM

8,756 posts, read 5,050,099 times
To those few who voted yes....why would you want anything shoved in your face.?

Old 05-31-2023, 07:30 AM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If I walk by 18 rainbows at target, I keep walking past it, ...
But what if there are 365,813,456,709,346,567,611,498,444,356,201,546 rainbows? And rather than walking past the damn things, you are wading through them? As with most anything else, this is really all about money for the most part. Can you imagine how much those "pride" flag/paraphernalia companies are raking in? And laughing all the way to the bank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
To those few who voted yes....why would you want anything shoved in your face.?
Ummm, I'm not sure I'm following your post (did you really mean to say "voted yes"?), but... that's the whole point of voting "yes" here, right? Yes I will avoid spending my money in peacock stores because I don't like that or anything else shoved in my face.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:31 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,575,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Do you really think that only extreme right, religious kooks get tired of seeing same-sex promotional stuff? Can you really not grasp that many people, of various political leanings, are weary of being told how special certain people are because they prefer to have sex with people possessing matching body parts? Does a whole month devoted to "gay pride" (though it's front and center year round actually) not strike you as just a little bit puzzling, exclusionary, and unnecessary?

When do "love to have my nipples stimulated by my vibrator" people get their own special month? When do "into foursomes in a hot tub" people get their special displays in Target?

I'm not being facetious. I DO NOT CARE about anyone's sex life or love life, and the fact that you ridicule me with ignorant posts like I quoted above, is absolutely baffling to me. I have absolutely nothing against gays, or swingers, or poly's, or whatever else people do for their sexual pleasure and relationship needs. I like people to be happy, however they need to live their lives. Truly. But I am tired of all the announcements of how special gays are. They just aren't special, ok?

Do you have anything more intelligent than narrow-minded jabs to bring to the table? I'd seriously like to hear it.
Do you expect to type the above and have anyone actually take you seriously? And you call out others "jabs"? Righhhtttt.....

Why EXACTLY does it bother YOU so much? Too many colors in your face?

Old 05-31-2023, 07:38 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times
Quote:
Do you expect to type the above and have anyone actually take you seriously? And you call out others "jabs"? Righhhtttt.....

I thought I explained my position quite clearly. I did not intend for my examples to be "jabs." But since you do, please explain why the sexual preferences I used as examples are less special and deserving of pride than same-sex preference.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:39 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
I would explain how light/water droplets work together to create an actual rainbow, but I know that doesn't fit with your Noah's ark story. Since the world should be ending any day now - does it really matter?
And God created that effect, not man. Man had to figure that out how God created the prism of colors and how we actually see with our eyes colors.Science is the mere study of what God created. Man still has many things to find out about God's creation.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:41 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
I have a gay son. pride parades have been gone on for over 20+ years.

Why now must they get kids involved. That's where you have problems.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:43 AM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:

It's a legitimate point. If you are the type of person that can handle seeing the same BS over and over and over and over 24/7, fine. But others are not. They grow weary of the peacocking and overdoing it. If I played the B52's Love Shack in your ears a hundred times a day every day, maybe you'd finally get it. Maybe you'd begin to understand.

I'm going to be crude now to make a LEGITIMATE point. If any of you are easily grossed out, stop here.

------------------------

Let's say I'm an "autosexual." (for those unaware, autosexuals are those who basically get off on themselves or by themselves). So I live alone and I masturbate every chance I get. That being the case, why shouldn't I have my own flag that I get to wave in front of everyone's face? Why shouldn't I have half a store devoted to my "lifestyle"? Why shouldn't everyone be swooning over me because I'm so brave in pounding my chest and telling the world that my sexual preference is masturbation?

And I'll tell you right now, I've brought this point up in other places before and without fail 90% of the "pride" types are typically grossed out by my comment or implication. Why? They expect to be embraced, so why can't they embrace autosexuals? Their typical response is that... wait for it... "It isn't natural."

Oh really? Not natural, eh? But you didn't answer the question: why is there no flag or pin or graphic on a beer can for the brave autosexuals out there that have to live their lives in the shadows of a darkened closet?

Last edited by ChrisC; 05-31-2023 at 07:55 AM..

Old 05-31-2023, 07:44 AM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times
I usually try to avoid overtly Democrat-aligned companies when I shop, although it’s tough and I’m inconsistent with it.

Will I boycott a company because they want to pander to the gay community (and/or help their ESG score) by making a rainbow version of their logo? No, but I’ll laugh about it.

Editing to add: However, if a company is overtly promoting gender transitions for children or age-inappropriate material for children, yes, I’ll boycott/not shop there.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:52 AM

3,644 posts, read 1,600,118 times
It's the end of Target, my opinion. They can't survive this. Unless it's sold and re-branded. Use to shop at Target, not any more. They have misguided leadership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies