Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 01:13 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,403,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
...Just an educated guess...
Shocker.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 01:17 PM

13,227 posts, read 21,847,967 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media...-james-okeefe/

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...roject-veritas

Sued by the organization he created... Lawfare and intimidation, a favorite tool of the left... It's not enough that they infiltrate his organization an destroyed it's business model. Now they seek to make an example of him and others that have made it their mission to catch (mostly) lefties doing wrong.

I like the comment "this lawsuit brought to you by Pfizer"...
Typical knee-jerk Republican post blaming the left for right-wingers own craziness and infighting. Truly, there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING that the right will ever own. It's always those damn leftists infiltrating the right to take them down.

Don't get me wrong. It would be delicious irony if Project Veritas was infiltrated by a leftist. That after all is is PV's own schtick -- infiltrating anything left-wing they can. So please give a reference to the claim so I can pin a medal on the guy.

The Pfizer PAC gives more money to Republican Candidates than it does Democrats. And...

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla maxed out campaign contributions to Dr. Oz ahead of midterm elections

So the insinuation that Pfizer is trying to take down James Okeefe for political reasons is nothing but mindless political diarrhea.

Old 06-01-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
...You do realize the whole purpose behind the Lincoln Project was to convince conservatives that they should hate Trump...
Yes.

You do realize Trump's not really a conservative, right?

Old 06-01-2023, 01:33 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,937,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes.

You do realize Trump's not really a conservative, right?

News flash, not everyone who votes or claims to be a republican is a conservative, just like not everyone who votes for democrats calls themselves a liberal. There's actually quite a lot of people who vote R or D for reasons that revolve around $$$ and not personal politics. These days, most Americans can be bought, especially with the frail Biden economy forcing many to tighten their belts and reign in spending. That's just a fact of life that money can make people do things they would otherwise never do on their own accord.

Old 06-01-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
News flash, not everyone who votes or claims to be a republican is a conservative, just like not everyone who votes for democrats calls themselves a liberal. There's actually quite a lot of people who vote R or D for reasons that revolve around $$$ and not personal politics. These days, most Americans can be bought, especially with the frail Biden economy forcing many to tighten their belts and reign in spending. That's just a fact of life that money can make people do things they would otherwise never do on their own accord.
That's not a newsflash and I never claimed everyone who votes R/D is a conservative/progressive.

You said Lincoln Project was meant to turn conservatives away from Trump, I agree, and it makes sense since the LP guys seem to be actual conservatives - not sure about Rick Wilson, but the other 3.

Old 06-01-2023, 01:55 PM

Quote:
That's not a newsflash and I never claimed everyone who votes R/D is a conservative/progressive.

You said Lincoln Project was meant to turn conservatives away from Trump, I agree, and it makes sense since the LP guys seem to be actual conservatives - not sure about Rick Wilson, but the other 3.

All I know about their founders was one of the co founders got busted for being a pedo and was kicked out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...candidate.html

It doesn't look like the LP has ever been up to anything good. Where as PV at least was created with good intent, but was unfortunately captured, likely because O'Keefe constantly exposed powerful people or people working for powerful people. You might even refer to the people most threatened by O'Keefe as US oligarchs.

Old 06-01-2023, 02:37 PM

Quote:
All I know about their founders was one of the co founders got busted for being a pedo and was kicked out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...candidate.html ...

Huh? Who are you referring to?

Old 06-01-2023, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Huh? Who are you referring to?

It sounds like you are not familiar with the many scandals that plagued the Lincoln Project.... Which is not surprising, since the lame stream media doesn't talk about stuff they don't want you to know about. I would recommend doing a quick search on the topic and see what comes up. Ted Cruz even mentioned "pedophiles at the Lincoln Project" when he got angry about the things they were saying about him and his family.

Old 06-01-2023, 04:10 PM

Quote:
It sounds like you are not familiar with the many scandals that plagued the Lincoln Project.... Which is not surprising, since the lame stream media doesn't talk about stuff they don't want you to know about. I would recommend doing a quick search on the topic and see what comes up. Ted Cruz even mentioned "pedophiles at the Lincoln Project" when he got angry about the things they were saying about him and his family.

You don't think the Washington Examiner, WaPo, NYT, AP, and Axios - to name just a few - are "mainstream media"? They all evidently covered the accusations against Weaver, based on a quick Google. I just didn't read far enough down his Wiki page to see the harassment accusations.

The article you linked to in that post didn't mention Weaver at all, that I could see, it only mentions Stuart Stevens. Hence my request for clarification.

Old 06-01-2023, 04:14 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,271,349 times
Quote:
O'Keefe was fired from his own company for things that are laughable, including claims that he harassed a female employee
Harassment is never "laughable", no matter what form it takes.
Quote:
Where as PV at least was created with good intent
Project Veritas was never anything but screeching smoke and mirrors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies